There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Justin Smith, the best 3-4 DE in the NFL appreciation thread

You guys think we use Ricky Jean on 1st and 2nd and use Justin on 3rd or some combination of these?
Originally posted by Joecool:
You guys think we use Ricky Jean on 1st and 2nd and use Justin on 3rd or some combination of these?

I think they'll rotate by number of snaps to stay fresh. I'm sure there will be some interesting combinations including Tufu and Ian.
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by Joecool:

I think they'll rotate by number of snaps to stay fresh. I'm sure there will be some interesting combinations including Tufu and Ian.

Agreed. Ricky gets a decent rush against the pass. What he doesn't do is swallow blockers like Cowboy does.
I wasn't able to watch the first half. How did Justin Smith look? Any word on how effective he was with his arm?
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
I wasn't able to watch the first half. How did Justin Smith look? Any word on how effective he was with his arm?

IMO didnt even look like he was injured
He wasn't showcased, not sure if that was by design or based on the offense.

Worst case: More time to heal
Best case: We were saving him

I did feel we were conservative on defense in the 1st Half, so that might have some to do with it
Originally posted by Knowledge:

IMO didnt even look like he was injured

Aside form Kaep, the ~8 minutes the 49ers defense played in the first half along with Justin Smith bodes pretty well for a good run to the Super Bowl. Now lets hope Justin Smith continues to heal, and the s**tbirds beat the hell out of each other tomorrow.
The Old Cowboy is ready to ride all the way to the SuperBowl.
Let's get this man a championship
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Let's get this man a championship

He's so valuable that I didn't even want him in on the last drive with the game already in hand.
Cowboy deserves WAY more credit than he's getting. Played his heart out last night AND he played extremely well!
He's a man. A true Niner. Nothing more needs to be said.
A round of applause for Cowboy!
First of all, #94 is a force. I feel like he was using his shoulders and trying to get inside instead of using that left arm as much...he was still effective and I saw him double teamed quite often.

I think he was at like 85%.

By next week, hopefully he's at 95%.