LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Justin Smith, one of the all-time best 49er defensive linemen appreciation thread.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
per Bengals Board

He always was a beast. Just not a sack artist. Working in that system in SF has really showcased how good he was. Remember we used him as an end, now he is playing more a tackle/3-4 end

Because he was playing a DE in a 4-3, Switching to a DE/DT in a 3-4 was the best move he could have ever made.

who was our defensive coordinators during his time here ? didnt we have like 3-5 of them in that time ? no consistency in the system we ran

They also played Brooks where he was less effective at MLB. Their poor scheming and our great scouting, gave us two impact players.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
They also played Brooks where he was less effective at MLB. Their poor scheming and our great scouting, gave us two impact players.

agreed.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
if he plays like this for four more years, then he would be a serious candidate for the hall of fame.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
^^^^ Almost had the b*****d. THat would've been sick. like his sack of Eli last season.

We get J. Smith and A. Brooks, they get N. Clements, M. Lawson, and T. Mays.
Originally posted by Tman:

Michael Carter, Keven f*gan, Pierce Holt, and great Niner tackles of past are all in awe.
Justin played mostly DT in a 4-3 concept yesterday... Did a lot of dirty work... double teamed all day. Same deal for Ray Mac.
Originally posted by father49er:
Michael Carter, Keven f*gan, Pierce Holt, and great Niner tackles of past are all in awe.

Stubby and BY just chopped liver?
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:

smith>young

COME AT ME, BROS

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:

smith>young

COME AT ME, BROS

BYoung is one of my favorite players, but he wasn't as dominant as Smith was last year. He was unblockable, even in double teaming situations.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

We get J. Smith and A. Brooks, they get N. Clements, M. Lawson, and T. Mays.

LMAO! Was saying this earlier today! Maes was so bad they benched him DURING the game.
BEAST
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Lol he couldn't even sack Rodgers on that play. What a loser. Waste of money?
Originally posted by Ether:
Lol he couldn't even sack Rodgers on that play. What a loser. Waste of money?

I wouldn't call him a loser, but like Gore and Willis, he's definitly lost a step since the Saints playoff game...
Share 49ersWebzone