LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Micheal Crabtree missed in the endzone...fact or fiction? State your case here

Shop Find 49ers gear online
WIDE open.
Crabtree broke open, after the ball had already left Alex's hand.

1. Alex could have maybe read the situation and thrown crabtree open (Pressure was about to get near Alex)
2. If alex had waited to hit crabtree, he might have got sacked

Either way, he didn't turn it over, and continued to play it safe in the redzone.
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by boooby:
On the replay I thought it clearly showed that Alex threw the dump off before Crabtree became as completely open as he did a full second later.

This. When the ball was thrown, Crabs hadn't entered the screen yet on the replay.

Isn't that when The QB should throw the ball to the spot instead of the reciever? Im not sure, just asking?

Depends. Crabs might have looked covered when checked, he wasn't open at the time of the throw. And, clemons was applying pressure.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Crabtree broke open, after the ball had already left Alex's hand.

1. Alex could have maybe read the situation and thrown crabtree open (Pressure was about to get near Alex)
2. If alex had waited to hit crabtree, he might have got sacked

Either way, he didn't turn it over, and continued to play it safe in the redzone.

I expect #1 to happen with more practice.
Replay showed clearly that he wasnt open and had a defender in front of him when Alex threw the ball to gore .... so alex didnt see him wide open .... That play sucked but not totally alex's fault ... he read the play correctly for how fast it happened ... Pressure was coming fast to his right and he could see that and got rid of the ball ... i think he did the right thing ... Just my worthless opinion
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
I expect #1 to happen with more practice.

I completely agree, which is why (in this situation) I'm ok with it. But had we been down 7 with 3 mins or less to go, I would have wanted him to take the chance.

It was crazy how crabtree raged and threw a mini tantrum in the back of the endzone after Alex had checked it down. It looked like a T.O - Mcnabb era tantrum.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Sep 12, 2011 at 3:48 PM ]
Anyone around here an arm chair coach or Monday morning QB?
Share 49ersWebzone