There are 232 users in the forums

Franks Feet

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
His best days are behind him and he needs to be replaced. Extending his contract will prove to be a mistake.

It has been written so it shall come to pass.
Use the search, this thread was first and is exactly like the other thread.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
His best days are behind him and he needs to be replaced. Extending his contract will prove to be a mistake.

I think you and I were among the few who were truly upset when word of the extension came down. Once he got paid, I knew the incentive to run hard would be gone as well.

I would have traded him in August after the holdout. But as I've said already, the organization is run by knuckle dragging dilettantes.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
The horrible run blocking didnt help, but yeah, Frank did seem slow and didn't look to fight as hard for yards
Hunter didn't look good either. first game jitters or uncertainty causing doubt and hesitation? I hope so. the line sure didn't blow open any holes
Maybe he's suffering from NCS---New Contract Syndrome.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Hunter didn't look good either. first game jitters or uncertainty causing doubt and hesitation? I hope so. the line sure didn't blow open any holes

He had 2 carries. One of them on 3rd and short where he ran into a wall at the line. The other he was swarmed in the backfield and gained four yards out of nothing. Hard to say he didn't look good after only 2 carries.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by susweel:

I think you and I were among the few who were truly upset when word of the extension came down. Once he got paid, I knew the incentive to run hard would be gone as well.

I would have traded him in August after the holdout. But as I've said already, the organization is run by knuckle dragging dilettantes.

His contract is extremely favorable to the organization and his compensation is largely performance based. Funny how you and I share the the opinion of knuckle dragging dilettantes, except I would argue it better describes our fanbase.

ouch

Nice indirect insult, your a smart one.
The strength of Seattle's team is their run defense.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I put more blame on the offensive gameplan and offseason rust than I do on Frank's physical ability. He has always bounced back from injuries relatively well, and I don't think his age is showing yet.

That being said, I am very excited to see more Kendall Hunter this year. For some reason, he reminds me a bit of Brian Westbrook. Perfect RB to utilize in the WCO as a runner and receiver.

Most RBs who are lucky to come back from fractured hips never come back the same.
I was suprised at his lack of power. I never thought I would see the day Gore would try and block a corner and he be the one who ended up on his ass. Even worst, the corner went on to make the tackle. Granted, the Seahawks corner was 6'3 (The dude from the CFL).
Gore has always had tough games against Seattle---even the games he got over 200+ yards----those came from a tired out Seattle defense in the 4th qtr--lots of it.
Gore gets his avg YPC from getting long runs now and then--other wise his average is not that high--and it has gone down the last few years--which is why I wasn't in favor of a huge contract. But Gore gives it his all every time he plays--I want to see Hunter more and Dixon even-- a 3 headed monster.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
Gore has always had tough games against Seattle---even the games he got over 200+ yards----those came from a tired out Seattle defense in the 4th qtr--lots of it.
Gore gets his avg YPC from getting long runs now and then--other wise his average is not that high--and it has gone down the last few years--which is why I wasn't in favor of a huge contract. But Gore gives it his all every time he plays--I want to see Hunter more and Dixon even-- a 3 headed monster.

i don't think that's true. he's definitely had some games where big yardage was based on really long runs, but I can remember games where gore just ripped them on nearly every run.
we need to give some early and late reps to Hunter and Dixon to see what they have, if they hold their own then great....if not we need to draft somebody else who can take the full time load.
Share 49ersWebzone