LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 411 users in the forums

Franks Feet

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The answer is an underrated run D, that knows very well what gore can do and has faced him 2 times a season since he was drafted, and completely game planned to stop him. Especially since several times in his career he has beaten them almost single handedly. He may have lost a step, but gore losing a step is still a top 10 back in this league.

Combine that with a great game and a couple great tackles by Earl Thomas. I know there was atleast one that if earl doesnt make the tackle, gore is going a long ways.

I will say that i am glad the niners protected themselves in the contract because with his injury history and age he could quickly decline, i just dont think that time is now.
Gore played very well but but last 4 qaurter wasn't very good. I knew it my made right... Hunter should plays in 4 quarter if how test to see him help our team win in 4 quarter? then let's see to test..
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I thought Seattle Defense was not being pushed back by our OL. Gore didnot have running room and when he did Seattle was quick to react and tackle him. I think Carroll came in to stop the run and they did that. When Kendall Hunter was in he didnot have any room either so it is not his quickness that should be questioned it is the OL inconsistensy.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The blocking wasn't exactly stellar. Give him some holes an Fwankie will be alright.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 13, 2011 at 5:18 AM ]
hopefully he has a better game
I'm sure we'll be drafting an all-around/all-purpose back next season
Or maybe... just maybe... it was the line not giving him a push!?
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Last season I kept pointing out that Gore only had success against bad or mediocre run defenses. Aside from the Saints game, he played a major role in the 0-5 start, a much bigger one than Smith. This is also now the 3rd straight time Seattle - mediocre at best - has shut him down.
Old blocking scheme POWER man on man blocking designed to create a hole in a specific place, new blocking scheme, ZONE designed to stretch and and rip a hole at some point along the defensive line. Kevin Barlow ran well for us in a zone scheme, and was more than awful at running power. In power you must be quick and run the play as it's drawn up, in zone you must make a quick read and be decisive in your actions. These are two very different styles of running attack. While we still employ some power runs, we did not execute power well up front, and the defense had seen this from us many times, and played well against it. In our zone runs the line looked a little slow, and Frank was tentative, what concerned me was the lack of motion from Franks feet and legs. Frank has a great motor and typically keeps his feet moving, it looked to me that for some reason Frank was not churning his legs, this made for easy stops, rather than broken tackles. Broken hips and bad knees don't slow your legs, I think the problem was between his ears, and Frank will sort that out.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They signed him to too much money. He's getting older. He has a completely shattered hip, 2 blown up knees and 2 glass shoulders. You don't sign a player approaching 30 to that much money with that injury history. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he lost a step or some power with the hip injury. That's a serious injury for a RB. He was going to decline at some point. Maybe it's now. Maybe not. Tough to say with 1 game. But we took a risk with that contract.

Nah, actually we took zero risk. Apparently we can cut Gore at any time and all he gets is pretty much just money for time he actually played.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/09/02/11/Gores-new-contract-includes-no-risks-for/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=558206

Quote:
Included in the $13.5 million guaranteed is the $4.9 million pay for the upcoming season that Gore was already scheduled to receive. His entire $2 million base salary for 2012 is also guaranteed.

Gore's base salaries of $3.3 million in both 2013 and 2014 are guaranteed against injury only -- not skill. If Gore's talents dropped off and the 49ers decided to part ways with him after 2012, the 49ers would not incur any salary-cap hit in 2013.

And if Gore sustained a catastrophic injury prior before the 2013 season, the 49ers would have to pay only one of the final two years of the "guaranteed money."

Read more: Gore's new contract includes no risks for 49ers
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

am I reading that wrong? If he gets injured and can't play again, we're on the hook for the rest of the contract, right? I wouldn't call that "no risk".

you read it wrong

Originally posted by Bay_Area_Fan:
he looked like gire

told yall we signed someone different, and the mods locked my thread!
You know, now that you mention it...he did look taller than normal. Must have been a set of new cleats. :)
U guys are unbelivable....the guy who has carried our offense the past 5 years had one marginal game and most of you are calling for his replacement?!?! I wish u had the same standards for alex then maybe we wouldnt be wasting gore, davis and crabs talents.... Gores gonna end this season with a career high in tds take that to the bank! Gore's whole life has been football hes probably still pissed about his preformance, come in with a huge chip on his shoulder and light up dallas!
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9er_84:
U guys are unbelivable....the guy who has carried our offense the past 5 years had one marginal game and most of you are calling for his replacement?!?! I wish u had the same standards for alex then maybe we wouldnt be wasting gore, davis and crabs talents.... Gores gonna end this season with a career high in tds take that to the bank! Gore's whole life has been football hes probably still pissed about his preformance, come in with a huge chip on his shoulder and light up dallas!

I hope but we're just looking at the evidence here, the fact of a downward trend. I'm glad he's still on the team, just wish we had a 2-pronged attack so we didn't have to rely so much on him.
I know its blasphemy to consider this, but the Seahawks have a better run defense than in the past. They are a completely different team and we should not expect to run all over them with Gore like we used to. They are big up front and with Thomas covering the back end, they are allowed to bring a safety up to play the run. You can't push them around anymore and their defense will keep them in games this season (because they will certainly need it with Tavaris and that young o-line).

Also, Gore's body is beat up and he's a older veteran for RB standards. I don't think its a stretch to think his best day are behind him.
Share 49ersWebzone