LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Franks Feet

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
They signed him to too much money. He's getting older. He has a completely shattered hip, 2 blown up knees and 2 glass shoulders. You don't sign a player approaching 30 to that much money with that injury history. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he lost a step or some power with the hip injury. That's a serious injury for a RB. He was going to decline at some point. Maybe it's now. Maybe not. Tough to say with 1 game. But we took a risk with that contract.

Nah, actually we took zero risk. Apparently we can cut Gore at any time and all he gets is money for time he actually played.

Well if that's the case I think it's a pretty fair contract. You have to have some type of "injury clause" with the Gore contract. Anything else wouldn't make sense.

Hairline fracture = completely shattered hip?
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
They signed him to too much money. He's getting older. He has a completely shattered hip, 2 blown up knees and 2 glass shoulders. You don't sign a player approaching 30 to that much money with that injury history. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he lost a step or some power with the hip injury. That's a serious injury for a RB. He was going to decline at some point. Maybe it's now. Maybe not. Tough to say with 1 game. But we took a risk with that contract.

Nah, actually we took zero risk. Apparently we can cut Gore at any time and all he gets is money for time he actually played.

Well if that's the case I think it's a pretty fair contract. You have to have some type of "injury clause" with the Gore contract. Anything else wouldn't make sense.

Hairline fracture = completely shattered hip?

Ya that was a bit of an exaggeration.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

Nah, actually we took zero risk. Apparently we can cut Gore at any time and all he gets is pretty much just money for time he actually played.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/09/02/11/Gores-new-contract-includes-no-risks-for/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=558206

Quote:
Included in the $13.5 million guaranteed is the $4.9 million pay for the upcoming season that Gore was already scheduled to receive. His entire $2 million base salary for 2012 is also guaranteed.

Gore's base salaries of $3.3 million in both 2013 and 2014 are guaranteed against injury only -- not skill. If Gore's talents dropped off and the 49ers decided to part ways with him after 2012, the 49ers would not incur any salary-cap hit in 2013.

And if Gore sustained a catastrophic injury prior before the 2013 season, the 49ers would have to pay only one of the final two years of the "guaranteed money."

Read more: Gore's new contract includes no risks for 49ers
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

am I reading that wrong? If he gets injured and can't play again, we're on the hook for the rest of the contract, right? I wouldn't call that "no risk".

Yeah, I posted up details above. I'm off the mark slightly, but the contract was super low risk for the 49ers.

Gore gets paid for this season with his guaranteed money.. but..

If Gore gets hurt? 49ers only have to pay one of the last two years of "guaranteed money."
And if we cut him after 2012 season? No cap hit for 2013.

Originally posted by Shaj:
am I reading that wrong? If he gets injured and can't play again, we're on the hook for the rest of the contract, right? I wouldn't call that "no risk".

No, see comments above. It'll be very difficult for Gore to earn all this money. He has to both stay healthy and be productive.

The article goes on to say: "The other $7.5 million that Gore can earn during the course of the new contract is tied directly to a roster bonus and production."
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 12, 2011 at 9:55 PM ]
im gonna come back to this thread and laugh at all of you when Gore rips dallas to pieces next week. everyone has down games. one time we stiffled AP, CJ had a few quiet games last year too but it doesnt mean they suck. seattles game plan was to stop Gore and they definitely limited him. he will be fine next week. once the opens learns enough and they can open up a little he will rack up yards.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
im gonna come back to this thread and laugh at all of you when Gore rips dallas to pieces next week. everyone has down games. one time we stiffled AP, CJ had a few quiet games last year too but it doesnt mean they suck. seattles game plan was to stop Gore and they definitely limited him. he will be fine next week. once the opens learns enough and they can open up a little he will rack up yards.

man i hope your right. i noticed he gave up at the point of contact at the end of some of his runs, unlike him.
Tell you what I didn't see...no OL moving the DL back a couple steps, let alone 3 or 4 steps. Gore, nor anyone else cannot run thru places with no holes. THere was one run where he got a tiny seam, great blocking up front, plus a well called play, and he burst thru first 4 yds, made contact and got 4 more. That is pure gore. He will not be getting much in the yardage dept until JH has retrained the entire OL . I think it entirely proper that he concentrates on OL passblocking first. Spare our qB, who got sacked how many times? Right, zero. Also near end of game he was 15 for 19, virtually all passes sure things with several throw aways. It looked like he was on a leash or something, and come to think of it, he was. But so what? That is how JH is going to bring this team along, and after the Saints and Texan games, he finally realized our big ugly 1650 pound pink elephant in the living room...or was that on the OL. As I have written for last # of yrs., OLs first. OL first. Well, guess what? JH subscribes to the Lombardi-Walsh theory also. This game was a testament to that.

I had us winning this one 14-13 on 1 D and ST touchdown and 1 O touchdown. Never saw the ST thing coming, but thank God. Cowboys have a huge advantage on O against us, primarily at Qb. Their OL , DL(except Demarcus Ware), CBs especially and DBs too, not to mention LBs, are all suspect and they are injured like no team I have seen in recent yrs. They had 2nd and 3rd stringers starting in D backfield, and DL was patchy too. On O they have a bunch of guys who weren't there last yr , plus they were rookies. Heck, they almost beat a great D, except for two bonehead plays by Romo...with less than half a team. Originally I had us w/ a L to cowboys, but i think we might just catch them really decimated. Now i think we can get the W, but we will have to play more passing game, their weakness. Whether JH is ready to let his OL passblock against the cowboys and attack their really poor secondary is an interesting question.

If JH calls more plays where ball is snapped and alex slings it, then I think he will pass more. I won't be surprised to see Gore get the ball again, with no real run blocking in front of him. JH can only bring this OL along so fast. i don't like it but agree thoroughly with what he is doing. ONce he teaches these guys how to block and learn how to play together, look out. How do i know the OL is coming along?(except for lack of attention on 4 motion penalties)? Well, did you hear or see Rachal's name called for whiffing or anyone else on the line? Sure they didn't have their heads in the game like midseason, but did they ever look bad? Answer NO. Hence, I look for Gore to have a number of games where he gets no blocking and gets lots of 2 yd gains. Yes, he may break one, but generally, he will be overshadowed by OL passblocking for alex, until they really , truly get it down. Run blocking starts right after that.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Sep 12, 2011 at 11:20 PM ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
hip injury.....
Originally posted by ace130:
I hope he doesnt because then we pass the ball to our recievers! A. Smith 27 for 40 317 yds 2 tds V. Davis 4 catches 117 yds Crabtree 8 catches 128 yds 1 td Morgan 7 catches 87 yds 1 td
lol keep dreaming son
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/157875-franks-feet/

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Bay_Area_Fan:
he looked like gire

Lol
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Bay_Area_Fan:
he looked like gire

Lol
They completely game planned to stop Gore and it worked. Not like our run blocking was spectacular. But in the end it's the one thing the 'hawks did well...they stopped Gore.
Originally posted by Method:
He had plenty of cutback opportunities that he completely missed. Not sure what was going on, but I hope we see Kendall hunter more

Yup, but he either didn't see them or he was getting arm tackled in the backfield. Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

I actually agree. He did have one nice run where he broke tackles, but it wasn't until he had a head of steam. He was going down too easily before he could get any momentum - something that isn't really his style historically and the horse collar run was a pretty vintage Gore run, so hopefully we see more of that instead.
Share 49ersWebzone