LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Franks Feet

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think he hesitated because there was absolutely no where to run. Although, on a few runs to the outside I was disappointed he couldn't make anyone miss.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
That play where Earl Thomas tackled him out in the flat (and with a lineman out in front of him).

Frank's broken that type-tackle from a DB countless times before.

Earl Thomas isn't just your run of the mill db either.

Very true. But even then, it just looked like Frank was slow to react and spin to the outside around the lineman and use him as a shield against Thomas. Or he just made a decision to cutback inside - seemingly right into Thomas. Just didn't look like Frank, you know what I mean?
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
My son and I are both football junkies, both played, and I've coached, he and I hope that in the future we can coach a team together, we take notes on game day. I will watch football anywhere any time, but for Niner games I prefer going in to lock down with my son and a note pad, we had lots of notes yesterday, but we both noted Franks foot work, it looked slow, he ran with heavy feet, lacked consistent leg motion, just did not run hard. He looked great in preseason, he always runs hard against the Sea-hags, so what was up did he not trust the game plan? Any thoughts on Franks very un-Frank like running style yesterday?

To me - he was facing 8 man fronts all day and we consistently ran between the tackles. That makes for a rough sled. He looked fine to me on the few instances he was able to take more than a step or two before being hit. Until we threaten the field vertically - we are going to see this kind of action to stop Gore.
I don't think Frank has lost a step, he just wasn't pumping his legs like normal. I'm not the only one who seems to have seem this, some of the 'Zones had good points, my favorite are:

1) To many years of Jimmy Raye et al..
2) Zone blocking scheme is new to Frank, and he needs to adjust.
3) WTF dude you must have been watching a different game Frank is GOD!
Thanks for ALL the insight!
Originally posted by 5280High:
Probably a combination of allot of things... rust, new scheme, and not knowing where the holes would open up. He looked more indecisive in trying to find which gap to hit or open up. If he continues to have that plodding look it could be a long season. However Hunter looks like a little firecracker out there, and he can pass protect. I'd like to see him get more than just 6 plays in a game if Gore doesn't bounce back.

This
he was going to the ground easily, not fighting for extra yards like he usually does, maybe its just me (22 carries for 59 yards). he usually kills the seahawks. i sure hope he does better against the cowboys.
he looked like gire
OH BROTHER
They signed him to too much money. He's getting older. He has a completely shattered hip, 2 blown up knees and 2 glass shoulders. You don't sign a player approaching 30 to that much money with that injury history. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he lost a step or some power with the hip injury. That's a serious injury for a RB. He was going to decline at some point. Maybe it's now. Maybe not. Tough to say with 1 game. But we took a risk with that contract.
It's pretty obvious the Seahawks primary focus was to stop the running game. They accomplished that along with losing.

He had plenty of cutback opportunities that he completely missed. Not sure what was going on, but I hope we see Kendall hunter more
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They signed him to too much money. He's getting older. He has a completely shattered hip, 2 blown up knees and 2 glass shoulders. You don't sign a player approaching 30 to that much money with that injury history. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he lost a step or some power with the hip injury. That's a serious injury for a RB. He was going to decline at some point. Maybe it's now. Maybe not. Tough to say with 1 game. But we took a risk with that contract.

Nah, actually we took zero risk. Apparently we can cut Gore at any time and all he gets is pretty much just money for time he actually played.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/09/02/11/Gores-new-contract-includes-no-risks-for/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=558206

Quote:
Included in the $13.5 million guaranteed is the $4.9 million pay for the upcoming season that Gore was already scheduled to receive. His entire $2 million base salary for 2012 is also guaranteed.

Gore's base salaries of $3.3 million in both 2013 and 2014 are guaranteed against injury only -- not skill. If Gore's talents dropped off and the 49ers decided to part ways with him after 2012, the 49ers would not incur any salary-cap hit in 2013.

And if Gore sustained a catastrophic injury prior before the 2013 season, the 49ers would have to pay only one of the final two years of the "guaranteed money."

Read more: Gore's new contract includes no risks for 49ers
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 12, 2011 at 9:54 PM ]
I kind of thought he was little slower than usual as he may have lost a step. But then again it could just be me. Ether way, I can't judge since its only been one game. We'll see how he does against Dallas as they held their opposing rushers to under 3 yds a carry this week
I hope he doesnt because then we pass the ball to our recievers! A. Smith 27 for 40 317 yds 2 tds V. Davis 4 catches 117 yds Crabtree 8 catches 128 yds 1 td Morgan 7 catches 87 yds 1 td
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Nah, actually we took zero risk. Apparently we can cut Gore at any time and all he gets is money for time he actually played.

Well if that's the case I think it's a pretty fair contract. You have to have some type of "injury clause" with the Gore contract. Anything else wouldn't make sense.
Share 49ersWebzone