There are 274 users in the forums

QBR watch (week 2) **updated**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
The hating on Smith is ridiculous. His low yardage wasn't because he played super conservative, it's because the playcalling was super conservative. Even Harbaugh admitted it was because we had a 16 point lead.

that lead didn't happen until the very end. Also, I suspect it was not the game plan that was conservative, but rather Smith's execution of it. 33% of his throws were for 2 yards or less. I seriously doubt that was Harbaugh's game plan going in. That would go over like a lead balloon with his staff, not to mention the players. Smith chickened out on most throws and checked down to RBs and WR's near the line of scrimmage as a frequently used safety valve.

33% = 5
You like to complain about percentages being used to reflect a number larger than the actual, yet here you are doing the same damn thing.

wtf? I have no issues with %'s. OK, 5/15 passes were for TWO yards or less. Happy?
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
The hating on Smith is ridiculous. His low yardage wasn't because he played super conservative, it's because the playcalling was super conservative. Even Harbaugh admitted it was because we had a 16 point lead.

that lead didn't happen until the very end. Also, I suspect it was not the game plan that was conservative, but rather Smith's execution of it. 33% of his throws were for 2 yards or less. I seriously doubt that was Harbaugh's game plan going in. That would go over like a lead balloon with his staff, not to mention the players. Smith chickened out on most throws and checked down to RBs and WR's near the line of scrimmage as a frequently used safety valve.

That lead happened when Smith scored the touchdown, it was regained at the end of the game when Ginn sealed the deal.

the play calling was conservative

the only time he looked downfield was the 2 min drill and guess what? QB calls the plays there because the headset turns off everyother play i dont think i saw a WR go more than 10 yards
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Jesus Christ...

you know what those stats got the team? a win? what did newton's stats get him?

Seattle had 1 1st down in the 1st half and we had 2 return touchdowns.

It is a team game. I'm pretty sure Cam and the Panthers would have done just fine if he had that kind of help.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 12, 2011 at 4:59 PM ]

33% = 5
You like to complain about percentages being used to reflect a number larger than the actual, yet here you are doing the same damn thing.

wtf? I have no issues with %'s. OK, 5/15 passes were for TWO yards or less. Happy?

You made the point in the Lot a while back, you know, the Lot, where you do provide some insight along with your entertaining threads. Every time you come talk football you seem to lose your head. It is bazaar really.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

33% = 5

You made the point in the Lot a while back, you know, the Lot, where you do provide some insight along with your entertaining threads. Every time you come talk football you seem to lose your head. It is bazaar really.

It's only "bazaar" because my standards are way above that of most posters. It doesn't mean I'm better than anyone or that I think I'm better than anyone. Seriously, I think I lose years off my life posting here. I don't understand why fans are so easily satisfied with below average performances so long as we get a win. f**k that. Alex is a #1 overall draft pick and he's had a Tim Couch career so far, and somehow you guys are good with that. He needs to be lighting things up, playing like a top 5 or at least top 10 QB. He also needs to be held accountable, something which people here aren't willing to do, for reasons I don't understand.
We're 7-0 in division home games over the past 2 seasons.

We've been down this road before guys. Just because we beat a crappy team in the NFC West doesn't mean we should be jumping for joy. What about that game was any different then what we've seen in the past? Other than Ted Ginn. Because here's what I saw. I saw us dick around, blow opportunities for 3 quarters and then watch the defense fold in the 4th. Does that sound familiar?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I updated my post because I knew it did not have enough context. Smith played good enough for us not to lose. ST and D won us the game. You're delusional if you think otherwise.

But he completed 75% of the 5 yard passes he threw. I guess this new system doesn't weigh yards per attempt very high. No Alex lovers ever mention how low he is. Average is 7.0, elite QBs are high 7's to low 8's, Alex was 6.2 in this game and he always is in the low 6's. Alex's numbers would be good if it were 1973.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BobS:
I updated my post because I knew it did not have enough context. Smith played good enough for us not to lose. ST and D won us the game. You're delusional if you think otherwise.

But he completed 75% of the 5 yard passes he threw. I guess this new system doesn't weigh yards per attempt very high. No Alex lovers ever mention how low he is. Average is 7.0, elite QBs are high 7's to low 8's, Alex was 6.2 in this game and he always is in the low 6's. Alex's numbers would be good if it were 1973.

Thanks!!! I needed that!!!!
[ Edited by Shaj on Sep 12, 2011 at 5:08 PM ]
Originally posted by BobS:

Thanks!!! I needed that!!!!

what could he do the playcalling was conservative

the only time he looksed downfield was the 2 min drill which is wher ethe QB calls his own plays

show me one play in the game where a a WR went deep in which it wasnt the 2 min drill

33% = 5

It's only "bazaar" because my standards are way above that of most posters. It doesn't mean I'm better than anyone or that I think I'm better than anyone. Seriously, I think I lose years off my life posting here. I don't understand why fans are so easily satisfied with below average performances so long as we get a win. f**k that. Alex is a #1 overall draft pick and he's had a Tim Couch career so far, and somehow you guys are good with that. He needs to be lighting things up, playing like a top 5 or at least top 10 QB. He also needs to be held accountable, something which people here aren't willing to do, for reasons I don't understand.

Is 124 yards good enough to beat the Cowboys next week? Probably not, but that game hasn't happened yet. The 49ers won the first game of the season, and the b***hing co menses because the stats weren't lofty enough. f**king stupid. Could we lose next week? Sure, lofty expectations for this season are foolish considering the many circumstances working against this team. There will be growing pains and improvements, but the spoiled brat b***hing will go on no matter what until the next Super Bowl. It is ridiculous.

Is Alex a great QB? No, but he is currently the best we have. Enjoy the wins as they come, that IS the point of the game, after all.

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Could you give me your source plz?

Interesting, he is better than Romo, Cutler, Eli, Rivers, Kolb, Freeman, Bradford, Ryan, McNabb, Sanchez and Roethli.

communist, here is a source. I hope it provides the information you want.

Love your handle, by the way, although I will acknowledge that I am not sure what it means to you.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

33% = 5

Is 124 yards good enough to beat the Cowboys next week? Probably not, but that game hasn't happened yet. The 49ers won the first game of the season, and the b***hing co menses because the stats weren't lofty enough. f**king stupid. Could we lose next week? Sure, lofty expectations for this season are foolish considering the many circumstances working against this team. There will be growing pains and improvements, but the spoiled brat b***hing will go on no matter what until the next Super Bowl. It is ridiculous.

Is Alex a great QB? No, but he is currently the best we have. Enjoy the wins as they come, that IS the point of the game, after all.

I'm elated with the win, and you don't hear me complaining about the D or ST, so this is not a universal b***hing session on my part. I'm in year 7 of my crucade against cancer at the qb position however.
I'm elated with the win, and you don't hear me complaining about the D or ST, so this is not a universal b***hing session on my part. I'm in year 7 of my crucade against cancer at the qb position however.

What is a good enough performance for you then?
Originally posted by dj43:
Is that what you took from my post?

If so, you have a serious reading comprehension problem, or your filter is on a little too tight.

Are you referring to a coverage sack and the lack of an open receiver? I guess since Aaron Rodgers took 2 sacks Thursday night, Smith is a much better QB.
By the way, very little mention of his 3rd down conversion rate- 0-9 going into 4th qtr. Don't you think that is a bit more telling about his success than a coverage sack that didn't happen.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Are you referring to a coverage sack and the lack of an open receiver? I guess since Aaron Rodgers took 2 sacks Thursday night, Smith is a much better QB.
By the way, very little mention of his 3rd down conversion rate- 0-9 going into 4th qtr. Don't you think that is a bit more telling about his success than a coverage sack that didn't happen.

Plenty of people have talked about the bad 3rd down rate. Harbaugh clearly wasnt ready to trust him on 3rd downs yet because anything over 5 yards was a Gore run.
Share 49ersWebzone