Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by boast:
where's the WIN watch thread? that's the only one that matters. you're delusional if you think otherwise.

Alex only gets credit on "L"s. "W"s are always Frank, ST or D.

Because normally he f**ks games up by throwing stupid ints or fumbling the ball helping us lose.

When we win, its not because he played phenomenal. He helps us win by not f**king up. That is nothing to brag about.

Most of our points were a result of good D and good special teams (I.E. good field position and TD returns), not because the offense was great led by A. Smith.

Who on the team scored a td besided Ginn?

Oh you mean the three yard run set up by the defensive interception? Oh ok.

No he was talking about the 1 yard run that came on the drive that started at the Seahawks 49 after they punted to us

My bad. You're right.

So scoring TDs are your definition of not Fing up.... My bad. You're right. He must not F up more often.

Yes, scoring a TD is in my definition of "not f**king up." I hope its in yours as well as everyone elses...

And yeah you're right. He must not f**k up more often.

I think we are on the same page now.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 12, 2011 at 4:14 PM ]
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Since you guys like to extrapolate, if Alex plays like yesterday the whole season:

Yards = 1,984
TD's = 0

Not sure why you guys are so excited. Yesterday's win was not a representation of how the offense did. It also won't be enough *offensively* to beat almost any team in the NFL. The comparison to Cam is because he has all the excuses of Alex and more, but he flat out just performs in his first audition. It's embarrassing, actually.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Originally posted by ace130:
Lol Alex had one of the worst QB performance on the list. 124 yards 0tds low yards per catch. Every pass was a checkdown. If it wasnt for ginn we could of lossed

"could have lossed?"

But we winned.

Somewhere an English teacher just

Another one

still a third

and then there was this guy

and this one while watching

that's all.

Lol Alex had one of the worst QB performance on the list. 124 yards 0tds low yards per catch. Every pass was a checkdown. If it wasnt for ginn we could of lossed

"could have lossed?"

But we winned.

Another one

still a third

that's all.

The English teacher would have loved your effective use of Smiley's.

"could have lossed?"

But we winned.

Another one

still a third

that's all.

The English teacher would have loved your effective use of Smiley's.

Does the use of smileys excuse the lack of punctuation?
Originally posted by Shaj:
Since you guys like to extrapolate, if Alex plays like yesterday the whole season:

Yards = 1,984
TD's = 0

Not sure why you guys are so excited. Yesterday's win was not a representation of how the offense did. It also won't be enough *offensively* to beat almost any team in the NFL. The comparison to Cam is because he has all the excuses of Alex and more, but he flat out just performs in his first audition. It's embarrassing, actually.

Because if he threw 0 TD's in the 1st game that perfectly extrapolates out to all future games consecutively.... And one low yardage game means all games will mirror that...

Alex Smith.....1 - 0.....1.000 winning percentage.

Cam nEXCUSES.....0 - 1.....0.000 winning percentage.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 12, 2011 at 4:28 PM ]
It's week one.

Yards = 1,984
TD's = 0

Wouldn't that also extrapolate to 16-0 and 0-16 for the 49ers and Panthers respectively?

Yards = 1,984
TD's = 0

It is not that simple to me. He made good decisions. He was accurate. He played tough. He scored a TD. These are all good things. QB passing yards depend on both the QB and the player catching the ball and, yesterday, our skill players had very little YAC. That's on them and on coaching. Newton got 178 yards from S. Smith alone. That's a lot of YAC!

I don't think most people here are happy with yesterday's offensive output. 209 yards (IIRC) is terrible. However - at least yesterday - that did not appear to be Smith's fault. Let's see if he can improve on yesterday's numbers and make consistent progress. That's eluded him in the past.
  • Jiks

Yards = 1,984
TD's = 0

Having people that constantly b***h about the team is far more embarrassing. This is not a personal attack, but the way fans can never find good in a sport around here is sad. I don't watch the games for the negativety, all of it around here from "fans" makes me honestly embarrassed. I would hate to find the bad in everything. Especially after week 1. Sports would suck, if that were the case. I don't get the point of watching, if you're always let down. Maybe you need to lower your standards to reality...

The hating on Smith is ridiculous. His low yardage wasn't because he played super conservative, it's because the playcalling was super conservative. Even Harbaugh admitted it was because we had a 16 point lead.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
The hating on Smith is ridiculous. His low yardage wasn't because he played super conservative, it's because the playcalling was super conservative. Even Harbaugh admitted it was because we had a 16 point lead.

that lead didn't happen until the very end. Also, I suspect it was not the game plan that was conservative, but rather Smith's execution of it. 33% of his throws were for 2 yards or less. I seriously doubt that was Harbaugh's game plan going in. That would go over like a lead balloon with his staff, not to mention the players. Smith chickened out on most throws and checked down to RBs and WR's near the line of scrimmage as a frequently used safety valve.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Yards = 1,984
TD's = 0

Having people that constantly b***h about the team is far more embarrassing. This is not a personal attack, but the way fans can never find good in a sport around here is sad. I don't watch the games for the negativety, all of it around here from "fans" makes me honestly embarrassed. I would hate to find the bad in everything. Especially after week 1. Sports would suck, if that were the case. I don't get the point of watching, if you're always let down. Maybe you need to lower your standards to reality...

for whatever success I've personally experienced in life, it was all because of the aforementioned standards. If you set your standards low, as we have for Smith, the one thing you can be sure of is you'll meet them. That's all it buys you though, because in the end, it's consistent best in class results that count. You call it hate, I call it excellence. I think Lombardi would tear the offense a new a*****e after a game like that. His quotes about excellence say it all. What you call "lowering standards to reality" is what I call "federal government like complacency". Whatever floats your boat, bro. What we have in common is we both live for this team, and that's good enough for me.

that lead didn't happen until the very end. Also, I suspect it was not the game plan that was conservative, but rather Smith's execution of it. 33% of his throws were for 2 yards or less. I seriously doubt that was Harbaugh's game plan going in. That would go over like a lead balloon with his staff, not to mention the players. Smith chickened out on most throws and checked down to RBs and WR's near the line of scrimmage as a frequently used safety valve.

33% = 5
You like to complain about percentages being used to reflect a number larger than the actual, yet here you are doing the same damn thing.

That lead happened when Smith scored the touchdown, it was regained at the end of the game when Ginn sealed the deal.
Share 49ersWebzone