LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

QBR watch (week 2) **updated**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Thanks for the shout out Oak, I always like to read your posts too. As far as Smith goes, I only defend him when people start in with ridiculous b******t. I think he played okay, but I could have probably executed 90% of that game plan. People, especially the hardcore detractors think I love Smith no matter what he does, but when he makes a bonehead play, I get just as pissed as anyone else. I think the difference is that I understand football and its nuances a little better than someone that is just a casual fan, so I notice things like cut off routes and read progressions. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to complain about Smith, and I have no problem with anyone doing so. But when someone is blaming him for problems he is not causing, I am not afraid to speak up. We have a few guys on this site that obviously have no idea what has to happen in order for a play to be successful, they see a pass not go to the receiver and instead of recognizing that the receiver ran the wrong route, it is automatically the qbs fault. A prime example is the play where Crabtree was open in the back left of the endzone, sure he was open, but you can very clearly see Smith had already passed him in his read progression. Did he go through his progression too fast? Possibly, but I cannot say for sure. In my opinion Smith played a smart, safe game, made three very good throws and didn't make any WTF plays, nothing spectacular other than this three throws. He did nothing to be crying about like some of our guys are doing.

I am an unabashed Niner homer, have been since I was nine. I root for every guy that wears the Red & Gold, and I get upset when I feel someone is unfairly doggin one of my boys, whatever name is on his jersey. I don't like people crappin on Crabtree or Kaepernick, Anthony Davis, Gore or anyone else that is a niner. I have a low tolerance for dumbassery, especially when it involves bashing our players. I am one of The Faithful, and I am proud of it.
Great post.

Ditto!
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Thanks for the shout out Oak, I always like to read your posts too. As far as Smith goes, I only defend him when people start in with ridiculous b******t. I think he played okay, but I could have probably executed 90% of that game plan. People, especially the hardcore detractors think I love Smith no matter what he does, but when he makes a bonehead play, I get just as pissed as anyone else. I think the difference is that I understand football and its nuances a little better than someone that is just a casual fan, so I notice things like cut off routes and read progressions. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to complain about Smith, and I have no problem with anyone doing so. But when someone is blaming him for problems he is not causing, I am not afraid to speak up. We have a few guys on this site that obviously have no idea what has to happen in order for a play to be successful, they see a pass not go to the receiver and instead of recognizing that the receiver ran the wrong route, it is automatically the qbs fault. A prime example is the play where Crabtree was open in the back left of the endzone, sure he was open, but you can very clearly see Smith had already passed him in his read progression. Did he go through his progression too fast? Possibly, but I cannot say for sure. In my opinion Smith played a smart, safe game, made three very good throws and didn't make any WTF plays, nothing spectacular other than this three throws. He did nothing to be crying about like some of our guys are doing.

I am an unabashed Niner homer, have been since I was nine. I root for every guy that wears the Red & Gold, and I get upset when I feel someone is unfairly doggin one of my boys, whatever name is on his jersey. I don't like people crappin on Crabtree or Kaepernick, Anthony Davis, Gore or anyone else that is a niner. I have a low tolerance for dumbassery, especially when it involves bashing our players. I am one of The Faithful, and I am proud of it.
Great post.

Ditto!

ditto
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Honestly, I can't disagree. I think we are on the same page. I'm probably a little center left, to your center right, but we'll both be pulling for him this year!!!

Shaj..... (at least on this topic)
Does Shaj ever post about any other topic?

Yeah, you haven't caught any of his RIP threads? He's died and come back to life many more times than Jesus did...which begs the question why he has such a hard time believing in him.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Sep 13, 2011 at 3:39 PM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Yeah, you haven't caught any of his RIP threads? He's died and come back to life many more times than Jesus did...which begs the question why he has such a hard time believing in him.

Good one.
Honestly, I can't disagree. I think we are on the same page. I'm probably a little center left, to your center right, but we'll both be pulling for him this year!!!

Dunno. Stopped reading his posts.

Dunno. Stopped reading his posts.

Oh man you have to read them, they are f**kin classic comedy, I want to be his agent. If he really is a businessman, which I 100% believe, he has missed his calling and should pursue a career as a writer or a sketch comedian. All he would need is Ceadderman to play deadpan straight man against and that would be the funniest s**t ever.
alex played well and we have 1 win what more can you ask for

mancaves, jetskis, camels, llamas, swimming pools, MILF teachers, trips to Canada, broken body parts, temp college professor stints, his ex-wife, his new wife, Seinfeld and George Costanza, public restroom stalls with walls that have to go all the way to the floor, "Vaults", Brazilian women, Persian women,

Oh wait...you mean in NT?
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
mancaves, jetskis, camels, llamas, swimming pools, MILF teachers, trips to Canada, broken body parts, temp college professor stints, his ex-wife, his new wife, Seinfeld and George Costanza, public restroom stalls with walls that have to go all the way to the floor, "Vaults", Brazilian women, Persian women,

Haha, man I should have met him in the parking lot sounds like. We disagree a lot( to say the least) but I do genuinely like the cat, he seems like a funny guy.

Haha, man I should have met him in the parking lot sounds like. We disagree a lot( to say the least) but I do genuinely like the cat, he seems like a funny guy.

Absolutely, and with a great heart!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Absolutely, and with a great heart!

QFT.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

good one!!
Total QBR Rating for the NFC West QB's (Week 1):
Kolb 44.0
A Smith 66.2
Bradford 28.7
T Jackson 21.1

Not bad!

Originally posted by KDTMDSFC:
Total QBR Rating for the NFC West QB's (Week 1):
Kolb 44.0
A Smith 66.2