LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

Vernon "Aligator Arms" Davis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by krizay:
Hopefully we can GIF that one like the Lloyd one. But I doubt that will ever get done.

Still waiting to see this YAC phenom he was dubbed to be! Too fast for ............ too strong for ............

Decent player but still not worth the hype. Though the hype has cooled down to a simmer over the years I must say.

How about Michael Huff?

VD had 20 TD's in 2 years and almost 1,000 yards in each season. Also the best blocker at TE in the league. No doubt the fastest of all TE's in the league. I can't believe anybody would still be doing this. He's not crazy. Just Krizay...

• krizay
  • Veteran
VD had 20 TD's in 2 years and almost 1,000 yards in each season. Also the best blocker at TE in the league. No doubt the fastest of all TE's in the league. I can't believe anybody would still be doing this. He's not crazy. Just Krizay...

You're right. nd he's a decent player as I said. Just not the player he was/is dubbed to be.

The best blocking TE was/is dubbed by YOU GUYS. He is the fastest TE in the league, which means? Ted Ginn is faster than is faster than Crabs, Braylon & Morgan

He's no where near a revolutionizer. He doesn't even play as tough as you guys make him sound.

After years of excuses and waiting, some of the board is finally realizing.......... VERNON LOOKS LIKE TARZAN PLAYS LIKE JANE!
You're right. nd he's a decent player as I said. Just not the player he was/is dubbed to be.

The best blocking TE was/is dubbed by YOU GUYS. He is the fastest TE in the league, which means? Ted Ginn is faster than is faster than Crabs, Braylon & Morgan

He's no where near a revolutionizer. He doesn't even play as tough as you guys make him sound.

After years of excuses and waiting, some of the board is finally realizing.......... VERNON LOOKS LIKE TARZAN PLAYS LIKE JANE!
Man you is Krizay.

I can't believe you are still pushing this thing.... 20 TD's in 2 years, nearly 1,000 yards in each of the last 2 seasons with sub par QB's, horrendous offensive coaching and among the worst offensive lines in the leage. Made the Pro Bowl already in his career. Should have made it last year. His #'s were far better than Gonzalez. Gonzalez got in on name regognition alone. The fans are stupid and don't know what is going on. And losing teams players always bear the brunt of unfairness on Pro Bowl voting. He's better than any TE in the league right now. I'd take him above anybody right now. Bar none.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Man you is Krizay.

He's very Krizay.....

Yer nukin' futs.

Ties and NFL record for TDs by a TE. Has almost 1000 in back to back years with suspect QB play and caveman OC. While you don't thinkl he's the BEST blaocker, he is definitely AMONG the bast and was named a Pro Bowl alternate as a BLOCKER.

...yet your standard is "he didn't revolutionize the position, so he "plays like Jane"?

NUKIN' FUTS.

Dude...this team has enough problems, why be so determined to turn one of its biggests assetts into one of the problems?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I can't believe you are still pushing this thing.... 20 TD's in 2 years, nearly 1,000 yards in each of the last 2 seasons with sub par QB's, horrendous offensive coaching and among the worst offensive lines in the leage. Made the Pro Bowl already in his career. Should have made it last year. His #'s were far better than Gonzalez. Gonzalez got in on name regognition alone. The fans are stupid and don't know what is going on. And losing teams players always bear the brunt of unfairness on Pro Bowl voting. He's better than any TE in the league right now. I'd take him above anybody right now. Bar none.

I can't believe you are still pushing this thing.... made the pro bowl as an alternate

Wow. I would think having the most complete TE in the game, a Pro Bowler, a record-setting player, a guy that teams have to game plan around, and a guy that has finished at worst TOP FIVE in receiving yards among tight ends (Top 2 last year) would give him a little more respect and acknowledgment around here. LOL at a top five and top-three player in back to back years being called "decent" .. just.. WOW.

I don't care how you try to spin it - "decent" comes nowhere near being accurate to describe a player argued to be the best in the league at his position -- by commentators and people around the league OTHER Than 49ers fans. Vernon made the Pro Bowl due to his monstrous blocking ability BEFORE he broke out with huge numbers. THAT is why he is lauded as an outstanding blocker.. BECAUSE HE IS.

Some people are never satisfied. I can't believe anyone is whining and moaning about Vernon.
Vernon played very weird all game, it seemed like he was scared to get hit, when Alex threw that one pass that looked like he was throwing away after vernon caught and got a couple yards he fell down like he before that seahawk defender could hit him. doesnt seem like him, hopefully he plays better against the Cowb***hes
Yea he alligator armed it. He flinched too.

Can someone pay me to care?

I can't believe you are still pushing this thing.... made the pro bowl as an alternate

If our team itself hadn't sucked so bad, he would've gotten much more recognition. Right now, he's gotten Pro Bowl consideration in 3 straight years.

2008: Pro Bowl alternate
2009: Pro Bowl starter
2010: Pro Bowl alternate

The best TE in football. Period.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If our team itself hadn't sucked so bad, he would've gotten much more recognition. Right now, he's gotten Pro Bowl consideration in 3 straight years.

2008: Pro Bowl alternate
2009: Pro Bowl starter
2010: Pro Bowl alternate

You got me there. Thought it was strange he only had 1. But I stand by my decent statement. As pro bowls and receiving yards doesn't make one an elite player. See Brandon Lloyd last year. Even Gronkowski and mercedes Lewis had 10 TD's last year. That doesn't say much either now does it?

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
The best TE in football. Period.

Even with my homer glasses on, I couldn't say that with a straight face.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Wow. I would think having the most complete TE in the game, a Pro Bowler, a record-setting player, a guy that teams have to game plan around, and a guy that has finished at worst TOP FIVE in receiving yards among tight ends (Top 2 last year) would give him a little more respect and acknowledgment around here. LOL at a top five and top-three player in back to back years being called "decent" .. just.. WOW.

I don't care how you try to spin it - "decent" comes nowhere near being accurate to describe a player argued to be the best in the league at his position -- by commentators and people around the league OTHER Than 49ers fans. Vernon made the Pro Bowl due to his monstrous blocking ability BEFORE he broke out with huge numbers. THAT is why he is lauded as an outstanding blocker.. BECAUSE HE IS.

Some people are never satisfied. I can't believe anyone is whining and moaning about Vernon.

It's useless to argue with him. He is "Krizay" on this one. Plus he may be drinking.....
Share 49ersWebzone