There are 173 users in the forums

20 quarters of football, and 0 passing touchdowns

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FL9er:
Sometimes I wish NT was around during the Walsh years.

Eddie D. would have been told to sell the team cause he don't know sh*t about football after his father gave the team to him. Walsh would have been flamed for trading for the over the hill OJ Simpson. Why the hell did he not pick a qb in the first round but pick a frail nobody in the 3rd! What's with all the checkdowns, dump offs, outlet passes to the RB. Throw deep, stretch the field, STUPID! Why is he taking out DeBerge who can give us the best chance to win and putting in this 3rd rounder, WTF!

He'll be out of the NFL and back to college within a year, book it.

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 12, 2011 at 8:57 AM ]
Way too early for concern but there weren't too many pass plays called in this game. I do like the quick drops and release as opposed to the crap last year.
Way too early for concern but there weren't too many pass plays called in this game. I do like the quick drops and release as opposed to the crap last year.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
The reason that I PERSONALLY am concerned is because Alex Smith missed a few wide open receivers in the endzone due to panicking and dumping the ball too early, or simply not seeing said receiver. I am concerned because although it was a good positive play, the pass to Vernon on the sidelines should have been a touchdown if thrown to the correct spot. Instead Alex got incredibly lucky with the unintentional back shoulder throw. I am concerned because Alex looks nervous everytime he drops back to pass and his first option isnt open.

I am pumped we won. I just feel like our passing game is awful, and will continue to be awful unless Alex improves on the little things that separate good QBs from backup quality QBs.

And while I comment Alex for playing a great game manager today, there were clear instances where making a good throw would have resulted in Alex being a playmaker today and not just a game manager. As long as he doesnt lose games for us, we should be in most games. But unfortunately, he isnt going to win many for us either unless he improves dramatically.

The passing game is a major concern for me.

The play you are referring to starts at the 5:30 mark of the video, If Alex Smith tires to lead Vernon, He either gets drilled by Earl Thomas or Thomas has a chance to make a play on that ball. No TD would have happened

#!
I get the distinct feeling that everything done by the coaching staff is maticulous and deliberate. Something that has been missing, on the offensive side atleast, for the last 6 years. I get the sense that results are positively percieved by the coaching staffs which as of know is good enough for me. I would like to see the offense become much more proflic and I believe the coaches will take us down that path.

I also think Harbaugh really likes Alex Smith and I would not be surprised, if he is successful this year, to see him get a multiyear contract extension. I have noticed a very strong chemistry between the two of them.
If Alex Smith is 2011's Steve DeBerg and 2012's _(insert name here)_ becomes the next Joe Montana/Steve Young...that's OK by me.
"Accidental back shoulder throw..."

That's right up there with "Alecks sideline demeanor."

So when Alex does something right...it's "accidental.." but when he f**ks up... it's "same old Alecks dood."
Not really a reason to be concerned. We should have known this was coming.

We brought back A. Smith. This type of sub par QB play should be expected until we upgrade that position.

Be glad we don't have any ints of fumbles yet. This dude at best can be a game manager and our D and ST will have to win the game for us.

Don't expect a 400 yard 3 TD performance this year. Hell, don't even expect a 300 and 2 TD performance.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 12, 2011 at 11:55 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone