There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cohn:Alex Smith comes through

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
1) Please find me ONE post where someone said this or implied this.

2) You must not watch games. Last year Alex had 3 TDs against the Seahawks (2nd game) when they had a better roster and "half a QB" like, oh wait, Hasselebeck who threw 3 picks.

3) For the millionth time, the short passes and "chekdownz" were PART....OF...TEH...GAYME..PLANZ...DOOD!.Get it?

You just fed the troll.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

2) You must not watch games. Last year Alex had 3 TDs against the Seahawks (2nd game) when they had a better roster and "half a QB" like, oh wait, Hasselebeck who threw 3 picks.

3) For the millionth time, the short passes and "chekdownz" were PART....OF...TEH...GAYME..PLANZ...DOOD!.Get it?

You just fed the troll.

I know man...I gotta stop. Been getting into it with them a lot lately. I go through phases.

You just fed the troll.

I know man...I gotta stop. Been getting into it with them a lot lately. I go through phases.

I think there's a 12 step program for that.

You just fed the troll.

It's so easy to do! My sarcasm gene is working overtime and that is worse. Have to stop getting irritated when it causes me to repond with a lack of civility...But there have been so many good posts this week that it's good to be a zone member. That and the win makes me a happy camper tonight.
geez people....that Dallas game can't come soon enough....it'll answer alot of questions from both sides of the argument. I hope Alex surprises me and pulls a Broncos 2007 game where we knocked them out of the playoffs....but at the same time...does it again in a couple of weeks....He has the weapons to do so...and apparently the head coach and offense to do so.....buuuuuuut we'll have to see.
The overreactions from all different sides are unbelievable - even worse than expected.

Nobody expects us to win the division this year, but fans couldn't help themselves but begin to place lofty and perhaps even completely unreasonable expectations on a first-year, lockout-handicapped NFL HC before the season even started. People were screaming "SUCK FOR LUCK" after playing Houston in the pre-season..

Now it's shifted into a new gear of absurdity where people are whining that we're doomed because we didn't win 42-0 with Alex passing for 500+ like Brady against Seattle. What is wrong with people..

Just enjoy the win people. It's one thing to predict failure after a loss, but after a win? Come on... The words should be, "Okay, this is good to get a win. Lets improve from here. The players know they can improve in some ways, so let's see if they do." Instead what I'm hearing is: "OMG WE IZ RUNNING TOO MUCH. IT'S SING AND RAYE ALL OVAR AGIN!! WUT ARE THAY DOOING?"

- Lockout
- New system
- Rookie NFL HC

Oh, but Jimexcuses..

At this point, we don't even TRULY know how good the rest of the teams in the league are just yet. Our schedule may turn out to be much tougher than we even think right now. If we make the playoffs, we overachieved. I think an OK year is attainable -- 7-9 or 8-8. 9-7 is possible too, and that would be over-achieving. Just because everything doesn't look exactly how you want it to, that's no reason to falsely accuse Harbaugh of doing the same things as the prior coaching regime. High expectations aren't bad in and of themselves, but I think too many people around here are being totally unrealistic.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Wow a fair evenhanded article by Lowell, I am shocked.

That might have been the most insightful Cohn article I've ever read (stretching all the way back to the early 80s).
I think we`re dreaming, no way Lowell wrote that....
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
The overreactions from all different sides are unbelievable - even worse than expected.

Nobody expects us to win the division this year, but fans couldn't help themselves but begin to place lofty and perhaps even completely unreasonable expectations on a first-year, lockout-handicapped NFL HC before the season even started. People were screaming "SUCK FOR LUCK" after playing Houston in the pre-season..

Now it's shifted into a new gear of absurdity where people are whining that we're doomed because we didn't win 42-0 with Alex passing for 500+ like Brady against Seattle. What is wrong with people..

Just enjoy the win people. It's one thing to predict failure after a loss, but after a win? Come on... The words should be, "Okay, this is good to get a win. Lets improve from here. The players know they can improve in some ways, so let's see if they do." Instead what I'm hearing is: "OMG WE IZ RUNNING TOO MUCH. IT'S SING AND RAYE ALL OVAR AGIN!! WUT ARE THAY DOOING?"

- Lockout
- New system
- Rookie NFL HC

Oh, but Jimexcuses..

At this point, we don't even TRULY know how good the rest of the teams in the league are just yet. Our schedule may turn out to be much tougher than we even think right now. If we make the playoffs, we overachieved. I think an OK year is attainable -- 7-9 or 8-8. 9-7 is possible too, and that would be over-achieving. Just because everything doesn't look exactly how you want it to, that's no reason to falsely accuse Harbaugh of doing the same things as the prior coaching regime. High expectations aren't bad in and of themselves, but I think too many people around here are being totally unrealistic.

Good post OTC.

Totally agree.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
I think we`re dreaming, no way Lowell wrote that....

Grant wrote it, and lowell stole it off his computer
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

- Lockout
- New system
- Rookie NFL HC

Oh, but Jimexcuses..

Good post OTC.

Totally agree.

I guarantee you if we go 6-10 or something, there will be people screaming for Harbaugh's head, calling for his firing. They'll be predicting doom for the future and saying Harbaugh is likely to fail despite the obvious handicaps and enormous disadvantages and hindrances he has had to face.

Despite the adjustment from college to pro coaching, despite the lockout giving us barely a month to install systems, despite everything... What would happen is... just like the Alex Smith banter, you're going to hear people saying, "IT DUN MATTER. JIMEXCUSES!!!! WE STILL SUX! DA OFFENSE IS NO DIFFERENT! SING GOT US SIX WINS SO HARBS IS JUST AS BAD."

For the sake of sanity, I hope we somehow manage to scrape to at least 8-8. I so do not want to hear the nonsense that would spew from Niner Talk if we did worse.

- Lockout
- New system
- Rookie NFL HC

Oh, but Jimexcuses..

It cracks me up how much zoners complain about writers "hating" the 49ers. Sure, there are pretty poorly written articles and editorials by some of the local writers.

But the idea that they have something against the team is just silly.

The simple reality is that they are just not fans. They are objective observers. And they are covering a team that hasn't had a winning season in almost 10 years.

When the 9ers do well they get more positive press. But they aren't going to get the benefit of the doubt. That's for fans to give, not sports writers.
I guarantee you if we go 6-10 or something, there will be people screaming for Harbaugh's head, calling for his firing.

if that is the case, then.......IT WAS HIS DUMB ARSE FAULT FOR BRINGING BACK ALEX AND TRYING TO FIX SOMETHING HE HAD NO REASON TO PUT EFFORT INTO FIXING...FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN FOR HIS F'N EGO!

look I won't be calling for him to get fired, but I will not slam others who do......he brought this upon himself!

JUST LIKE NOLAN AND JUST LIKE SINGLETARY.

I don't know how much longer you people want to continue to live this nightmare.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 14, 2011 at 12:30 AM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I guarantee you if we go 6-10 or something, there will be people screaming for Harbaugh's head, calling for his firing.

if that is the case, then.......IT WAS HIS DUMB ARSE FAULT FOR BRINGING BACK ALEX AND TRYING TO FIX SOMETHING HE HAD NO REASON TO PUT EFFORT INTO FIXING...FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN FOR HIS F'N EGO!

look I won't be calling for him to get fired, but I will not slam others who do......he brought this upon himself!

JUST LIKE NOLAN AND JUST LIKE SINGLETARY.

I don't know how much longer you people want to continue to live this nightmare.

What do you mean by you people?