There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cohn:Alex Smith comes through

Originally posted by ace130:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
haha

All of a sudden Cohn is a credible, respectable, and objective writer. lol.

"And then Smith stepped up, played beautifully. He really did."


Played Beautifull? 124 yds passing 0tds threw what under 15 passes?


Aaron Rogders 300 yds passing 3 tds! Thats Beautifull!!! Aaron had Alex's 124 yds in the first quarter Is Alex still a rookie?

Alex played spot on. However, the play calling didn't allow him to shine and prevented him from costing a game. Not saying that he would have shined or cost the game...but he simply wasn't given much opportunity to do either. What opportunity he did have, he did well with.
Originally posted by ace130:
Played Beautifull? 124 yds passing 0tds threw what under 15 passes?


Aaron Rogders 300 yds passing 3 tds! Thats Beautifull!!! Aaron had Alex's 124 yds in the first quarter Is Alex still a rookie?

You seem unable to grasp the concept that Harbaugh is installing a system and that it is still new to every player on the offense. This ain't Madden bro, it takes more than just choosing a different playbook to install a complicated offense like the WCO. We only saw a small percentage of the plays Sunday, we will see more of them as the year progresses.
Originally posted by ForrestBlue:
Tom Brady throws on one pass play for almost as much as Alex Smith had for the whole game! Brady has a 99 yard pass play and over 500 yard game. Go to Yahoo Sports and check out Alex Smith's "Game Logs" for his career. A total of (2) 300 yard games and more less than 200 yard games than over 200 yard games.

Alex "The Fetal Boy" Smith

True. And how many of those 99 yards were RAC? Nearly all, after Welker broke a tackle. Did you see any of our WRs do that this week?

Originally posted by ace130:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
haha

All of a sudden Cohn is a credible, respectable, and objective writer. lol.

"And then Smith stepped up, played beautifully. He really did."


Played Beautifull? 124 yds passing 0tds threw what under 15 passes?


Aaron Rogders 300 yds passing 3 tds! Thats Beautifull!!! Aaron had Alex's 124 yds in the first quarter Is Alex still a rookie?

I still cannot understand how one can blame the QB because only approx. 20 passing plays were called, 15 of which were completed.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by ForrestBlue:
Tom Brady throws on one pass play for almost as much as Alex Smith had for the whole game! Brady has a 99 yard pass play and over 500 yard game. Go to Yahoo Sports and check out Alex Smith's "Game Logs" for his career. A total of (2) 300 yard games and more less than 200 yard games than over 200 yard games.

Alex "The Fetal Boy" Smith

True. And how many of those 99 yards were RAC? Nearly all, after Welker broke a tackle. Did you see any of our WRs do that this week?

Originally posted by ace130:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
haha

All of a sudden Cohn is a credible, respectable, and objective writer. lol.

"And then Smith stepped up, played beautifully. He really did."


Played Beautifull? 124 yds passing 0tds threw what under 15 passes?


Aaron Rogders 300 yds passing 3 tds! Thats Beautifull!!! Aaron had Alex's 124 yds in the first quarter Is Alex still a rookie?

I still cannot understand how one can blame the QB because only approx. 20 passing plays were called, 15 of which were completed.
Alex would have had to average 20 yards per completion on those 15 completed passes to get 300 yards, lol. It doesnt matter that we won, Alex sucks cuz he didnt throw for 300 yards
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ace130:
Played Beautifull? 124 yds passing 0tds threw what under 15 passes?


Aaron Rogders 300 yds passing 3 tds! Thats Beautifull!!! Aaron had Alex's 124 yds in the first quarter Is Alex still a rookie?

You seem unable to grasp the concept that Harbaugh is installing a system and that it is still new to every player on the offense. This ain't Madden bro, it takes more than just choosing a different playbook to install a complicated offense like the WCO. We only saw a small percentage of the plays Sunday, we will see more of them as the year progresses.

well you know what the response to that is...

how many other QBs had to deal with new systems installed this year?.....how did they do?.....which defense did they have to face?
Originally posted by valrod33:
Alex would have had to average 20 yards per completion on those 15 completed passes to get 300 yards, lol. It doesnt matter that we won, Alex sucks cuz he didnt throw for 300 yards

Welker breaks a tackle and takes a 5 yard pass 99 yards. How many yards does Brady get "credit" for? 99.
VD falls down with on defender to beat on the way to 7. How many yards does Smith get "credit" for? 24.

Originally posted by Afrikan:
well you know what the response to that is...

how many other QBs had to deal with new systems installed this year?.....how did they do?.....which defense did they have to face?

How many teams did install the WCO during this short offseason? How many of those teams did so with a rookie head coach? How many of those teams faced the number two rush defense from last year? How many of those teams won? Here's a clue for you my brother, the answer is the same for every question.
The scramble to the left back shoulder pass to Vernon who had the mismatch LB on him was a thing of beauty.
Originally posted by Joecool:
The scramble to the left back shoulder pass to Vernon who had the mismatch LB on him was a thing of beauty.

and the pass to Joshua Morgan too
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Joecool:
The scramble to the left back shoulder pass to Vernon who had the mismatch LB on him was a thing of beauty.

and the pass to Joshua Morgan too

So was the other pass to Vernon where he rolled to the right and dropped it right over the defenders heads. Sunday's game was ugly because it was called that way, they are going to have to force the issue like they did against the chargers in the preseason to beat Dallas.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Joecool:
The scramble to the left back shoulder pass to Vernon who had the mismatch LB on him was a thing of beauty.

and the pass to Joshua Morgan too

So was the other pass to Vernon where he rolled to the right and dropped it right over the defenders heads. Sunday's game was ugly because it was called that way, they are going to have to force the issue like they did against the chargers in the preseason to beat Dallas.

He had a good day.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ace130:
Played Beautifull? 124 yds passing 0tds threw what under 15 passes?


Aaron Rogders 300 yds passing 3 tds! Thats Beautifull!!! Aaron had Alex's 124 yds in the first quarter Is Alex still a rookie?

You seem unable to grasp the concept that Harbaugh is installing a system and that it is still new to every player on the offense. This ain't Madden bro, it takes more than just choosing a different playbook to install a complicated offense like the WCO. We only saw a small percentage of the plays Sunday, we will see more of them as the year progresses.

Thank you. You did a nice job of keeping it simple for him ....... kinda Jim Harbaugh-ish.
I still think Alex Smith on Sunday, not looked like, but played similar to an early 80's Joe Montana. Does what needed to be done, made a few plays on his feet, and didn't eff up.
[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 13, 2011 at 10:06 AM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
I still think Alex Smith on Sunday, not looked like, but played similar to an early 80's Joe Montana. Does what needed to be done, made a few plays on his feet, and didn't eff up.

Better break out your asbestos underoos, I feel a flaming in the works. I totally agree though, he played smart and efficiently.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I still think Alex Smith on Sunday, not looked like, but played similar to an early 80's Joe Montana. Does what needed to be done, made a few plays on his feet, and didn't eff up.

Just say no.