There are 583 users in the forums
Bowman and Willis
Sep 11, 2011 at 8:43 PM
- monsterzero789
- Veteran
- Posts: 24,304
OH BROTHER
Sep 11, 2011 at 8:44 PM
- niner4life21
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,965
Willis had an average game? Oh, is that because he had no sacks or INTs?
Any person with any basic knowledge of football would have been able to see that overall, Willis had a very sound game.
Any person with any basic knowledge of football would have been able to see that overall, Willis had a very sound game.
Sep 11, 2011 at 8:44 PM
- PowderdToastMn
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,043
I think both played well. We might have the fastest middle linebackers in the game.
Sep 11, 2011 at 8:47 PM
- JPREZ2XXL
- Veteran
- Posts: 39
BOWMAN IS A BEAST, HE HAD A HELL OF A GAME....BROOKS, BOWMAN, WILLIS, SMITH.....THE FUTURE IS HERE
Sep 11, 2011 at 8:49 PM
- jreff22
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,413
Bowman still has a lot to learn but is turning out to be a good pick
Sep 11, 2011 at 8:51 PM
- noblood
- Veteran
- Posts: 138
Originally posted by JPREZ2XXL:BOWMAN IS A BEAST, HE HAD A HELL OF A GAME....BROOKS, BOWMAN, WILLIS, SMITH.....THE FUTURE IS HERE
Yes sir
Sep 11, 2011 at 8:53 PM
- LaMattsBlue
- Member
- Posts: 27,765
Ya. What game were you watching? Willis was awesome today. So was Bowman.
Sep 11, 2011 at 8:53 PM
- jdt84_2
- Veteran
- Posts: 25,986
Also with bowman there I don't think Willie can rack up the tackles as much because bowman is explosive justlike willis.
Sep 11, 2011 at 8:57 PM
- btthepunk
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,344
Originally posted by JPREZ2XXL:
BOWMAN IS A BEAST, HE HAD A HELL OF A GAME....BROOKS, BOWMAN, WILLIS, SMITH.....THE FUTURE IS HERE
Haralson also had a fantastic game too. Maybe even better than all the others.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Sep 11, 2011 at 9:00 PM ]
Sep 11, 2011 at 8:58 PM
- barako
- Veteran
- Posts: 361
Originally posted by jdt84_2:Also with bowman there I don't think Willie can rack up the tackles as much because bowman is explosive justlike willis.
I am expecting more from Willis I guess... I want him to be the best. Both Lewis and Urlacher had a great game today.
Sep 11, 2011 at 9:00 PM
- Norcal9erfan
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,566
Originally posted by ianna:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Also with bowman there I don't think Willie can rack up the tackles as much because bowman is explosive justlike willis.
I am expecting more from Willis I guess... I want him to be the best. Both Lewis and Urlacher had a great game today.
Sep 11, 2011 at 9:03 PM
- PacTiger
- Member
- Posts: 30,146
Bowman was an absolute monster today.
Sep 11, 2011 at 9:04 PM
- Oakland-Niner
- Member
- Posts: 24,062
Originally posted by ianna:
Is Bowman a good compliment to Willis? I don't know much about football as some of you do and it's just my observation. I've just noticed that Willis seems to have an average game when playing next to Bowman.
I also thought it was odd that I didn't hear number 52 called often, so I went back and review the game. I only made it half way through, but here is what I noticed.
In order of importance:
1. Our D line completly dominated in the run game. Truthfully, Lynch rarely made it to the second level. Willis was in on a number of tackles, but it was always a gang tackle. That's a good thing.
2. Often times Bowman was left to watch the running back and Willis fell back into coverage.
3. On passing downs it seems as if they had him spy Jackson.
In all, Sing used Willis primarily to chase down RBs. Fiago (at least in this game), seems to have diffrent plans for Willis.
Sep 11, 2011 at 9:05 PM
- frenchmov
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,162
Member Milestone:
This is post number 600 for frenchmov.
willis had an average game for himself to be honest. he definitely made plays, but he got gobbled up a few times and even got stood up by tavaris jackson on that reverse. not a bad game, a "B" game for p-will.