There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bowman and Willis

Is Bowman a good compliment to Willis? I don't know much about football as some of you do and it's just my observation. I've just noticed that Willis seems to have an average game when playing next to Bowman.
OH BROTHER
Willis had an average game? Oh, is that because he had no sacks or INTs?

Any person with any basic knowledge of football would have been able to see that overall, Willis had a very sound game.
I think both played well. We might have the fastest middle linebackers in the game.
BOWMAN IS A BEAST, HE HAD A HELL OF A GAME....BROOKS, BOWMAN, WILLIS, SMITH.....THE FUTURE IS HERE
Bowman still has a lot to learn but is turning out to be a good pick
Originally posted by JPREZ2XXL:
BOWMAN IS A BEAST, HE HAD A HELL OF A GAME....BROOKS, BOWMAN, WILLIS, SMITH.....THE FUTURE IS HERE

Yes sir
Ya. What game were you watching? Willis was awesome today. So was Bowman.
Also with bowman there I don't think Willie can rack up the tackles as much because bowman is explosive justlike willis.
Originally posted by JPREZ2XXL:

Haralson also had a fantastic game too. Maybe even better than all the others.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Sep 11, 2011 at 9:00 PM ]
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Also with bowman there I don't think Willie can rack up the tackles as much because bowman is explosive justlike willis.

I am expecting more from Willis I guess... I want him to be the best. Both Lewis and Urlacher had a great game today.
Originally posted by ianna:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

I am expecting more from Willis I guess... I want him to be the best. Both Lewis and Urlacher had a great game today.

Bowman was an absolute monster today.
Originally posted by ianna:
Is Bowman a good compliment to Willis? I don't know much about football as some of you do and it's just my observation. I've just noticed that Willis seems to have an average game when playing next to Bowman.

I also thought it was odd that I didn't hear number 52 called often, so I went back and review the game. I only made it half way through, but here is what I noticed.

In order of importance:

1. Our D line completly dominated in the run game. Truthfully, Lynch rarely made it to the second level. Willis was in on a number of tackles, but it was always a gang tackle. That's a good thing.

2. Often times Bowman was left to watch the running back and Willis fell back into coverage.

3. On passing downs it seems as if they had him spy Jackson.

In all, Sing used Willis primarily to chase down RBs. Fiago (at least in this game), seems to have diffrent plans for Willis.