LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

The Vic Fangio Express - hop on board!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'M ON!!!!!
5 1/2 sacks.
Constant pressure on QBs the last two games.
What really jumps out at me is the sure tackling by everyone, not just Willis and Bowman.
Fangio has gotten the most out of what he has to work with.
[ Edited by NorthNiner on Oct 17, 2011 at 8:18 AM ]
Fangio, the longtime NFL assistant coach, had never met the Harbaughs before John Harbaugh retained him on the Ravens coaching staff in 2008. After two seasons with John Harbaugh, Fangio moved cross country to join Jim Harbaugh's Stanford staff as defensive coordinator.

"I'm probably the person that has the most perspective on that because I was with John his first two years in Baltimore and worked closely with him there in his first head-coaching job," said Fangio, who is currently the 49ers' defensive coordinator.

"And, obviously, I've been with Jim last year at Stanford and the transition coming over to here and everything that's involved with that."

Jim Harbaugh and John Harbaugh were born 17 months apart and had a coach, Jack Harbaugh, as their father. But they are not exactly carbon copies, Fangio said.

"And I would say about 30 percent of them is similar, being that they're from the same family, same parents and all that," Fangio said. "But 70 percent of them are very different. They're two very different individuals, two very different, in most cases."

And how, exactly, are they different?

"That's top secret," Fangio said. "That's my information and I'm keeping it to myself."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Fangio-isnt-divulging-differences-betwee?blockID=599324&feedID=5884

Never knew Fangio was in Baltimore so long.
I'm sure Harbaugh got enough info from Fangio during the lockout to be ready for this game for sure. I believe this coaching staff has had stuff ready for this week for a very long time. Let's hope this team comes out to play tomorrow!
This thread needs way more than 3 pages
I want Fangio to unleash Bowman on the inside blitz tomorrow. Flacco won't even know what hit him.
Lord Fangio didn't even bother to come up with a gameplan last week and we totally dominated. You know he's got some special stuff in his pocket for this game.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Lord Fangio didn't even bother to come up with a gameplan last week and we totally dominated. You know he's got some special stuff in his pocket for this game.

We ran basic s**t and shut Arizona the f**k out lol

For some reason I have a feeling that'll we'll be seeing the most ammount of blitzing by our D that we've seen all season.

I'm getting way too pumped, we're going to win this game!
Originally posted by niner4life21:
I want Fangio to unleash Bowman on the inside blitz tomorrow. Flacco won't even know what hit him.

Funny thing is, all this talk about Bowman being the better rusher early in camp, yet Willis is the only one of the two that has gotten to the QB from the inside (or at all).
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Nov 23, 2011 at 8:03 PM ]
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

We ran basic s**t and shut Arizona the f**k out lol

For some reason I have a feeling that'll we'll be seeing the most ammount of blitzing by our D that we've seen all season.

I'm getting way too pumped, we're going to win this game!

tough, tough game, but I too have a feeling that we're going to see a lot of new looks from the D. It's going to be really interesting. I can't wait. If I didn't have to drive four hours in the morning I'd do an all nighter drunk right now. I can't believe this season!
Coach of the Week

Vic Fangio, defensive coordinator, San Francisco. This is what a smart coach does: On Friday, before the team's final practice of the week in Youngstown, Ohio, Fangio recalled that Tim Tebow used to throw jump passes on fake runs near the line of scrimmage at Florida. Tebow hadn't done it in the pros, but Fangio figured his defense should be prepared for it anyway.

"I didn't tell the defense before practice,'' he told me Sunday. "I wanted to see how they'd react.'' So he told Colin Kaepernick, the scout team quarterback, to run toward the line, stop, and throw a pass while jumping near the line. The Niner defense broke it up. "Impressive,'' Fangio thought. As was the Niners' performance against the Jets Sunday. San Francisco held the Jets to 145 yards and zero points -- and forced a fumble on the only Tebow jump pass of the game. Fangio has this defense playing aggressive and smart.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/09/30/week-4/index.html#ixzz283T4xBVc

This team goes as Fangion and the Defense goes.
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Coach of the Week

Vic Fangio, defensive coordinator, San Francisco. This is what a smart coach does: On Friday, before the team's final practice of the week in Youngstown, Ohio, Fangio recalled that Tim Tebow used to throw jump passes on fake runs near the line of scrimmage at Florida. Tebow hadn't done it in the pros, but Fangio figured his defense should be prepared for it anyway.

"I didn't tell the defense before practice,'' he told me Sunday. "I wanted to see how they'd react.'' So he told Colin Kaepernick, the scout team quarterback, to run toward the line, stop, and throw a pass while jumping near the line. The Niner defense broke it up. "Impressive,'' Fangio thought. As was the Niners' performance against the Jets Sunday. San Francisco held the Jets to 145 yards and zero points -- and forced a fumble on the only Tebow jump pass of the game. Fangio has this defense playing aggressive and smart.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/09/30/week-4/index.html#ixzz283T4xBVc

Now THAT'S the kind of detailed game-planning I like to see (executed)!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Coach of the Week

Now THAT'S the kind of detailed game-planning I like to see (executed)!

yeah, imagine the same situation with nolan
Tough, aggressive D.

That's our calling card.
Not sure what's more impressive -- Fangio giving his guys the Tebow test or his guys passing the test with a break up.
Share 49ersWebzone