LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

The Vic Fangio Express - hop on board!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
It's just the first game, but it appears we're finally aggressive on defense for the first time in a long time! Hop on board the Vic Fangio express!!!
I was happy with the defensive effort today.

But I want to see how they hold up against a higher-level offense. I just worry that our aggressive style will be ripped apart by a diverse offense like the Packers.
Not jumping on yet. Waiting for better coverage by the secondary
If he releases Tarrell Brown, I will marry him.
Yes... nice, aggressive style of defense. That personal foul call on Williams was BS. How are you supposed to play safety if you can't make that hit? He hit him shoulder to shoulder. Anyway, I was impressed with the d line. Particularly Justin Smith and Ray Ray McDonald. We put constant pressure on Jackson, even though SEA's o line is garbage. Bowman had a good game also.

I guess I didn't read about this, but was Dashon hurt? I'm assuming so... T. Brown played pretty well in his starting role as well.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
This can't be right...I must not be in the right thread.

Where is the Vic VW thread located?
[ Edited by Blitz on Sep 11, 2011 at 7:09 PM ]
I think Seattle was a good starting point, Dallas will be a step up, the big test will be @ Philly week 4.
[ Edited by 24plus25er on Sep 11, 2011 at 7:10 PM ]
I really liked some of the early pressure and Rodgers play (especially that blocked pass in the endzone). Also McDonald's play and it doesn't seem like the run defense has fallen off.

Seahawks aren't a good measure, imo.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Wait and see what happens when we face a team that can pass worth a s**t. Then we will know more.
VW = VicsWagon

I was on board before the hire. Let Vic have his horses he will put up some good defenses
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
His play calling kind of sputtered in the 3rd quarter. And where was Aldon Smith today (besides that blocked pass) didn't hear much from him.
first half D was fantastic. JSmith and Ray Mac were pretty great. Secondary was meh. D as a whole in the second half was disappointing.

Overall I like it though.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
His play calling kind of sputtered in the 3rd quarter. And where was Aldon Smith today (besides that blocked pass) didn't hear much from him.

Parys Haralson had good pressure today. He was close and made Jackson paid for those throws a few times
The boys on D did a great job, 5 sacks was it? Good effort all round.
Share 49ersWebzone