There are 190 users in the forums

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/09/20/re-focused-cowboys-49ers/

Game Notes
● Five of the six sacks Alex Smith absorbed were the result of blitzes. It wasn't all bad though, when he wasn't being sacked, he did complete nine of the 10 throws he got off in the face of blitzers.
● Seem like the 49ers' offensive line played badly? While they weren't great, looks can be deceiving. Of the 20 Quarterback Disruptions they gave up (combined sacks, hits and hurries), nine came through unblocked. Chalk that one up to Rob Ryan and his blitzing ways.
66.7% of all aimed Cowboys passes were either at Jason Witten or Miles Austin.

Eff you Fangio. Get with it.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
I think Cosell evaluated Smith accurately. He can execute well when the play design is good but don't expect him to make complicated decisions post snap.

Teams have figure Alex out since 2007 now: run blitz and force his hand. He has yet to consistently take advantage.

Do you know that anyone that doesn't give Alex a glowing evaluation has no creditability on the zone!
joecool what about that rollout pass to gore that led to a PI

he hasnt had much but he has ran and made positive gains post plays so i wouldnt say he cant make complicated decisions

also there was a stat when dallas blitzed alex he was 9-10 (there was an article posted here ill see if i can find it)

That's why I'm pissed at Harbaugh. I want to see if it is really Alex or if it is the playcalling. So far, we have seen some evidence of both. Can't keep hiding him.

Harabaugh seems to be coddling Alex, hopefully he stops and we either finish with him this year or he somehow changes his problems and steps it up. I am a long time Alex supporter but this game is about numbers so unless he is unleashed and goes off, he is going to be looked at as a bust, plain and simple. Average just is not good enough for this franchise.
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
I think Cosell evaluated Smith accurately. He can execute well when the play design is good but don't expect him to make complicated decisions post snap.

Teams have figure Alex out since 2007 now: run blitz and force his hand. He has yet to consistently take advantage.

Do you know that anyone that doesn't give Alex a glowing evaluation has no creditability on the zone!

he hasnt had much but he has ran and made positive gains post plays so i wouldnt say he cant make complicated decisions

also there was a stat when dallas blitzed alex he was 9-10 (there was an article posted here ill see if i can find it)

That's why I'm pissed at Harbaugh. I want to see if it is really Alex or if it is the playcalling. So far, we have seen some evidence of both. Can't keep hiding him.

Harabaugh seems to be coddling Alex, hopefully he stops and we either finish with him this year or he somehow changes his problems and steps it up. I am a long time Alex supporter but this game is about numbers so unless he is unleashed and goes off, he is going to be looked at as a bust, plain and simple. Average just is not good enough for this franchise.

It's like chick showing a smidgen of undercleavage. Is it a C cup or will it turn out to be an A cup. Come Harbaugh, stop teasing.

Only six sacks in the Dallas game! What is Harbaugh thinking? I'm sure Smith can handle up to a dozen sacks without blinking!

thanks captain obvious
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Originally posted by Shaj:
In two games, ROOKIE Andy Dalton, who went to one of the most dysfunctional teams in the league, ranks No. 8 in the NFL in passer rating (105.7)

What's his excuse, and why is he better than Alex Smith in year 7? We'll find out this Sunday. If Andy was our QB and stunk it up, we'd have every excuse in the book ready for him, but he went to a worse team and is lighting it up so far.

Watching all these QBs come out of college to the worst teams in the league (like Smith did) and just flat out play is getting irritating. No wonder I'm so pissed about this slow learning, inaccurate, hesitant, and non-instinctual player we have at QB for the last 7 years and counting.

Have you actually watched any of the Bengal's games? The have a pretty good offensive unit. The line is giving him time, Benson is running well and AJ Green is playing well for a rookie receiver.

This to me is a form of Alexcuse, which is marginalizing the results of other QBs who play better than Smith.
In two games, ROOKIE Andy Dalton, who went to one of the most dysfunctional teams in the league, ranks No. 8 in the NFL in passer rating (105.7)

What's his excuse, and why is he better than Alex Smith in year 7? We'll find out this Sunday. If Andy was our QB and stunk it up, we'd have every excuse in the book ready for him, but he went to a worse team and is lighting it up so far.

Watching all these QBs come out of college to the worst teams in the league (like Smith did) and just flat out play is getting irritating. No wonder I'm so pissed about this slow learning, inaccurate, hesitant, and non-instinctual player we have at QB for the last 7 years and counting.

Have you actually watched any of the Bengal's games? The have a pretty good offensive unit. The line is giving him time, Benson is running well and AJ Green is playing well for a rookie receiver.

This to me is a form of Alexcuse, which is marginalizing the results of other QBs who play better than Smith.

Qbs are not pitchers...you know that, right? ;)
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/09/20/re-focused-cowboys-49ers/

Game Notes
● Five of the six sacks Alex Smith absorbed were the result of blitzes. It wasn't all bad though, when he wasn't being sacked, he did complete nine of the 10 throws he got off in the face of blitzers.
● Seem like the 49ers' offensive line played badly? While they weren't great, looks can be deceiving. Of the 20 Quarterback Disruptions they gave up (combined sacks, hits and hurries), nine came through unblocked. Chalk that one up to Rob Ryan and his blitzing ways.
66.7% of all aimed Cowboys passes were either at Jason Witten or Miles Austin.

Eff you Fangio. Get with it.

Thats awful...we gotta scheme for their BEST PLAYERS and it seemed like we were more keyed in on ogletree. I know that new guy burned us but they were in no position to do anything without the constant 1st downs and big plays by Witten and Austin...Why is anyone but Rogers ever on Austin? Was that brock who fell down giving them that first big touchdown?...terrible
  • dj43

This is still a team built for Mike Singletary's vision of offense. That, plus Edwards injury limits what can be done right now. I believe Smith could show a lot more as he certainly has executed the limited book he has now but that entails receivers that are not currently on the team.

So like I guessed you haven't seen a bengals game. Not surprised.

aj green is a beast

i saw that one play where dalton threw the ball behind green then he completely changed his position and caught it

i fully believe he will be a larry fitzgerald or andre johnson type of WR

i really really wanted him in the draft more than peterson

I think it's a little early to be crowning people after two games. Anyone. No one even knows truly how good every team is yet. For all we know, Dalton has been playing against two playoff teams (highly unlikely). Or maybe the Browns and Broncos are bottom feeders.

aj green is a beast

i saw that one play where dalton threw the ball behind green then he completely changed his position and caught it

i fully believe he will be a larry fitzgerald or andre johnson type of WR

i really really wanted him in the draft more than peterson

Yeah he's the type of receiver that if the ball is in his area, he's going to catch it. I thought of fitzgerald when I saw that catch too.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I think it's a little early to be crowning people after two games. Anyone. No one even knows truly how good every team is yet. For all we know, Dalton has been playing against two playoff teams (highly unlikely). Or maybe the Browns and Broncos are bottom feeders.

I agree.
Share 49ersWebzone