LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Greg Roman's concerning remarks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I thought he was just being exceedingly honest. Personally I appreciate that.
Not really surprising at all, its gonna take some time for the offense to gel
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Thanks for already making excuses on we will suck. Very inspiring to the fan base
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
"We're a new group," Roman said. "I met most of these guys a month ago. We've had a shorter time frame to work with, and therefore we're probably not going to have the volume that you would normally have. I'm not sure we've been able to get anything together that is really going to surprise anybody. But you are what you are. We're going to do everything we can to win the game." http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=capress-fbn_49ers_offense-8094079
Is Roman already ?????

No he is not waving the flag, just stating that with the short offseason they didn't get to digest the whole playbook and will be limited to what they will do. I am sure as the season pregresses and he sees what works and what the player can do, he'll weed out some of the play book and add others its place. Plus by not being overly rah rah-people's expectations will be lowered, if they do well, then everyone will say wow, wait till they really grasp his playbook.
Originally posted by susweel:
Thanks for already making excuses on we will suck. Very inspiring to the fan base

He's not making excuses, he's setting up the element of surprise, CIA type s**t.
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
This is the same guy who was taught by a CIA agent. My guess is he's puting out disinformation. Braylon and Patrick Willis both have bragged about having a bunch of stuff in the playbooks that hasnt been used yet.

...which could also be misinformation...

Ya except one comment is coming from the offensive coordinator and the other from a linebacker. If one of them were to put out misinformation to throw off the opposition it would be the OC. Just saying.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by susweel:

He's not making excuses, he's setting up the element of surprise, CIA type s**t.

I really hope that is the case.

Yeah, he didn't hype us up to be fysical.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

hahaha, yea Sing was super hype, and I can't believe I bought into that crap! I should've listened to Susweel.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Central Intelligence Agency- a lot of times they make you shake your head and say thats an oxy moran.

Much Ado About Nothing!

If he said that we were going to run slants, pass options and other plays then I'd say WTF!

This is very refeshing compared to the "Smash `in in the mouth" crap. Don't tell your enemies anything worthwhile then unload like a hurricane and waste them.
He is getting ready to win, knowing the only a month of practice has precluded the team to learn more. Execute what they have in place and we will be fine.
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
This is the same guy who was taught by a CIA agent. My guess is he's puting out disinformation. Braylon and Patrick Willis both have bragged about having a bunch of stuff in the playbooks that hasnt been used yet.

...which could also be misinformation...
[ Edited by robeans on Sep 9, 2011 at 12:53 PM ]
He is right about that. I don't see the problem.
we'll see soon enough
Share 49ersWebzone