LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Greg Roman's concerning remarks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"We're a new group," Roman said. "I met most of these guys a month ago. We've had a shorter time frame to work with, and therefore we're probably not going to have the volume that you would normally have. I'm not sure we've been able to get anything together that is really going to surprise anybody. But you are what you are. We're going to do everything we can to win the game." http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=capress-fbn_49ers_offense-8094079
Is Roman already ?????
the sad part is that it'll still be an upgrade over the previous years!
  • Paul
  • Veteran
"We're going to do everything we can to win the game."

Says enough for me
This is the same guy who was taught by a CIA agent. My guess is he's puting out disinformation. Braylon and Patrick Willis both have bragged about having a bunch of stuff in the playbooks that hasnt been used yet.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
This is the same guy who was taught by a CIA agent. My guess is he's puting out disinformation. Braylon and Patrick Willis both have bragged about having a bunch of stuff in the playbooks that hasnt been used yet.

...which could also be misinformation...
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

And Gore claims it's the motherf**king fountain of youth!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
mind games.

downplay it! genius lloyd, pure genius lloyd!!
Best guess is he's fibbing, but we'll see on game day.
Those remarks appear to be consistent with one another. They appear natural, not orchestrated or designed to deceive. They appear to be the truth.

Originally posted by boast:
mind games.

Duh. Roman knows how to mentally manipulate his team positively and the opposition negatively. He's not going to be waving anything white besides Pete's panties, which will be half brown.
[ Edited by captain_planet on Sep 8, 2011 at 9:53 PM ]
The comments are from his press briefing when a reporter asked him about 49ers being a mystery to other teams and whether they'd surprise teams and Roman downplayed it. There's probably a little truth and a little disinformation going on there.
Lol he also said that there are different packages for different players and skillsets to take advantage of everyones talents while at the same time not giving any "tells" away. If they see that 6'4 corner on the field, throw in Crabtree, Edwards, and williams. Crabs and Williams are too agile for that guy and Edwards is too big and athletic, theres one mismatch Im sure they have singled out. Another one, Seattles got a beefy line but suspect LB's, we just happen to have some run blocking beasts in Iupati, Rachal, and both Davis's, who dominate the run game against beefy bullrushers (they struggle against technique)... add in Morgan and Edwards who are beasts of run blocking WR's and there is another matchup problem. If we cant hit inside right away, throw in Hunter and exploit the edges. We have a talented team, not elite, but certainly talented enough to destroy Seattle at Home. Cable is bringing his run game to seattle... thats great, we always beat oakland. No Gallery, Carpenter moving all over the line meaning he hasnt really caught on at any position yet... this hopefully will get ugly for seattle fast.

These coaches are smarter than people are giving them credit for, this aint Sing. They will not be telling the opposing team the game plan before the game. Get excited!
Originally posted by 5280High:
Lol he also said that there are different packages for different players and skillsets to take advantage of everyones talents while at the same time not giving any "tells" away. If they see that 6'4 corner on the field, throw in Crabtree, Edwards, and williams. Crabs and Williams are too agile for that guy and Edwards is too big and athletic, theres one mismatch Im sure they have singled out. Another one, Seattles got a beefy line but suspect LB's, we just happen to have some run blocking beasts in Iupati, Rachal, and both Davis's, who dominate the run game against beefy bullrushers (they struggle against technique)... add in Morgan and Edwards who are beasts of run blocking WR's and there is another matchup problem. If we cant hit inside right away, throw in Hunter and exploit the edges. We have a talented team, not elite, but certainly talented enough to destroy Seattle at Home. Cable is bringing his run game to seattle... thats great, we always beat oakland. No Gallery, Carpenter moving all over the line meaning he hasnt really caught on at any position yet... this hopefully will get ugly for seattle fast.

These coaches are smarter than people are giving them credit for, this aint Sing. They will not be telling the opposing team the game plan before the game. Get excited!

Nice post , you nailed some good points. I like getting this Seattle team early and at home and they're trying to find some answers for some injuries. Yeah Roman's playing this smart , like the C I A giving out a little disinformation. Some of our players sure seem to be excited about what we will be unveiling soon.

The anticipation of waiting for sunday is killing me here.
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
Those remarks appear to be consistent with one another. They appear natural, not orchestrated or designed to deceive. They appear to be the truth.

Really? LOL
Share 49ersWebzone