There are 176 users in the forums

On the NFL Network Warren Sapp just said the 49ers have the #1 pick in 2012.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
cool story sapp
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This is the first year I called 0 - 16. There were some other years in the past where I predicted 1 - 15.

Really? Do you honestly believe that? That's not called a prediction, that is a donkey-punch to the team. You are basically saying that this is the WORST NFL team ever (to be tied with the 2008 Lions). As much as you have been harping on it, this is not the worst OL in the history of football. Yes, they looked pretty bad in 2 of 4 preseason games, but can you really be any more dramatic in your proclamations?
On Inside the NFL on Showtime he picked the Seahawks over the Niners for his upset special.
Why would anyone have anything positive to say about the 49ers? Some people predicted last year they would be the sexy pick of the year with super bowl predictions and everything and they fell flat on their own faces.
It would be crazy trading all the way down from the 32nd pick! LOL!

The last several years this team as been every analysts pick to break out and do well, and we have made them look bad. This year they all are afraid to touch us because they can't afford to be wrong. I read a post here the other day about Alex getting just 10% better, kinda lame, but it got me thinking. I have felt that this team has had decent to above average talent and even a few pro-bowlers, so what has held us back, coaching. If all the defense, stays even close to what it has been, and the offense shows even a 10% increase in production, we win a few more of the close games.... who knows right?

I'm pretty sure this team will start slow, new coaches and all, but once we gel, say around week 4...look out! The only real question we have is O-line, and with better balance and less predictability, we should see a marked improvement, so f**k Warren Sapp that big fat stoner, remember he is the a*****e who face-masked Jerry Rice, and Steve Young in the same game! His lazy fat ass cheap shot on Jerry, ended Jerry's career, he never got back to full speed after that, so f**k that fat punk, I can't stand to look at that over rated fool!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
On Inside the NFL on Showtime he picked the Seahawks over the Niners for his upset special.

Is that even an upset? I mean I expect the Niners to win but would not at all be surprised if we lost.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
If its about the dline..I'd listen to sapp..anything else..STFU
Originally posted by epdavis:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Is that even an upset? I mean I expect the Niners to win but would not at all be surprised if we lost.

We're a 5.5 point favorite so technically it would be an upset.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
It's Warren Sapp. Unless he is talking about D-Line technique, I wouldn't take his analysis too seriously.

This
People forget.... This is basically the same team that started 0-5 last year and lost several games by less than 5 points. GOOD coaching can help win some of those games.

The Seahawks went 7-9 last year with a new coaching staff, massive roster turnover, and subpar QB play. So I don't necessarily buy the argument that because of a new coaching staff and Alex Smith that means we're instant cellar dwellers.

I mean the team did go 6-10 with a few close losses with the Smiths at the helm, poor coaching, and terrible game planning and this team is better than last seasons so sorry for thinking Harbaugh and co alone isn't going to translate into -4 or more in the win column.
Lol, that's funny Sapp.
Deon and Sapp halftime shows this preseason have been horrible! They seem to just wing it every time with no research or facts.

I still remember

Warren Sapp was arrested yesterday, hours before the biggest game of the NFL season. The now retired NFL lineman, NFL Network analyst, and former University of Miami Hurricane, was charged with allegedly choking and assaulting a woman in south Florida. The misdemeanor domestic abuse charge caused the NFL Network to pull Sapp from the air, and cancel his commentary duties for the Super Bowl.

class act
[ Edited by foundone on Sep 8, 2011 at 7:52 AM ]
Originally posted by VANiner:
This is the first year I called 0 - 16. There were some other years in the past where I predicted 1 - 15.

Really? Do you honestly believe that? That's not called a prediction, that is a donkey-punch to the team. You are basically saying that this is the WORST NFL team ever (to be tied with the 2008 Lions). As much as you have been harping on it, this is not the worst OL in the history of football. Yes, they looked pretty bad in 2 of 4 preseason games, but can you really be any more dramatic in your proclamations?

For a vet, you sure seem to not know SD49er very well VA.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by VANiner:

For a vet, you sure seem to not know SD49er very well VA.

given that SD's wisdom when talking about the 49ers is available to both members and guests, this isn't surprising at all
Share 49ersWebzone