There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

why is everyone expecting us to finish 3rd or 4th in our division?

I have been reading predictions from all over the past week, and it looks like 90% of the predictions have us finishing 3rd or 4rd in our division. Am i missing something? i just dont understand, we have by far the most talent in our division. if anything, our defense is better, we have a better secondary, better pass rushers, better coaches, better recievers. we have improved both on defense and offense. STL, SEA and CARDS have not improved dramatically. everyone had us winning the division last year, and now that we got better, they are all picking us to finish 3rd or 4th? what am i missing?
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
I have been reading predictions from all over the past week, and it looks like 90% of the predictions have us finishing 3rd or 4rd in our division. Am i missing something? i just dont understand, we have by far the most talent in our division. if anything, our defense is better, we have a better secondary, better pass rushers, better coaches, better recievers. we have improved both on defense and offense. STL, SEA and CARDS have not improved dramatically. everyone had us winning the division last year, and now that we got better, they are all picking us to finish 3rd or 4th? what am i missing?

Our quarterback situation, our defense has 6 new starters, and we have a rookie head coach that had very little offseason preparation. The seasons will determine if we turn that around or not.
Originally posted by freetworhyme:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
I have been reading predictions from all over the past week, and it looks like 90% of the predictions have us finishing 3rd or 4rd in our division. Am i missing something? i just dont understand, we have by far the most talent in our division. if anything, our defense is better, we have a better secondary, better pass rushers, better coaches, better recievers. we have improved both on defense and offense. STL, SEA and CARDS have not improved dramatically. everyone had us winning the division last year, and now that we got better, they are all picking us to finish 3rd or 4th? what am i missing?

Our quarterback situation, our defense has 6 new starters, and we have a rookie head coach that had very little offseason preparation. The seasons will determine if we turn that around or not.

right, but all those are improvements if you ask me
Ah...new coach..new system..Alex Smith ? That would be my guess!
What have we down to prove we won't finish 3-4th?
Originally posted by maximill15:
What have we down to prove we won't finish 3-4th?

everything i mentioned above? lol
Because our O Line is like swiss cheese, our QB situation is questionable, our pass rush is unproven, our secondary has holes and the system coaches are all new. That usually doesn't lead to winning.


We jus have to prove it... all we do is choke.
I would actually prefer it if they pick against us.
It's funny because I don't really see us finishing better than 3rd right now. If not for Seattle's questionable QB situation, I would say everyone in the division looks better than us. I don't see us making a push for the division. I would normally think it will be a battle between Arizona and St. Louis if not for St. Louis' early schedule.

Just looking at the early part of the schedules, Arizona will probably win their first 3 games. St. Louis may have a tougher time and lose their first 3 games. When Arizona and St. Louis finally meet, the Rams may be at worst 1-6 and the Cardinals may be 4-3. The 49ers on the other hand, will probably be, at best, 2-4 by the bye week. So if the Rams can't get off to a faster start out of the gate, they may actually fall to 3rd place in the end. But if they can, the last half of their schedule is significantly easier than the beginning so that will make it easier for them to compete for the division.

I just don't feel that the 49ers can be very competitive with that offensive line. Hoping for the best, but preparing my expectation for what is realistic.
Alex Smith
I have always enjoyed it when we aren't picked ....... the problem has been so far we have never done anything to change the perception of our losing ways. I look forward to seeing those perceptions being thrown out with the trash ........ some where in the near future.

I just want to see good game planning and decisions, and timely in game adjustments ......... the execution will follow.
Originally posted by 9erStorm:
It's funny because I don't really see us finishing better than 3rd right now. If not for Seattle's questionable QB situation, I would say everyone in the division looks better than us. I don't see us making a push for the division. I would normally think it will be a battle between Arizona and St. Louis if not for St. Louis' early schedule.

Just looking at the early part of the schedules, Arizona will probably win their first 3 games. St. Louis may have a tougher time and lose their first 3 games. When Arizona and St. Louis finally meet, the Rams may be at worst 1-6 and the Cardinals may be 4-3. The 49ers on the other hand, will probably be, at best, 2-4 by the bye week. So if the Rams can't get off to a faster start out of the gate, they may actually fall to 3rd place in the end. But if they can, the last half of their schedule is significantly easier than the beginning so that will make it easier for them to compete for the division.

I just don't feel that the 49ers can be very competitive with that offensive line. Hoping for the best, but preparing my expectation for what is realistic.

That's how I feel. Also, 3 of the last 4 games are on the road, which we have proven time in and time out to not win, so the Niners have to prove to me that they can win close ones, and stop the 'last drive' on defense. Enough of Brees, Ryan, or whoever marching down the field and scoring the winning TD/FG as time expires.

But that doesn't matter right now, only Sunday matters! And I think we can win that game
New OC
New DC, Fangio commented earlier entire defensive playbook will not be installed this year
Only 5 weeks of practice
6 new players on defense
Alex Smith??????????????????
WR with zero pre season work
OL that one moment looks great and the next moment my daughter high school DL could beat
Zero depth at key positions like QB, CB, IL
Personally, I don't give a rat's *ss about the so-called experts predictions. I care about results and what I see on the field once the season starts.