LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 270 users in the forums

Scout.com has 49ers last in NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Joecool:
The offense was geared to support Vick's strengths along with a left handed QB. Much different than coming in to back up McNabb. He still played well and he only has 19 starts. He's got much more upside than Alex Smith and is already ahead of Bradford. Kolb is the best QB in this division. He's had the best pedigre. He has solid offensive talent around him in ARI. I don't get how some think he's not going to improve. He would have been Andy Reid's starter if Vick didn't come along.

Kevin Kolb was the opening day starter last year. Went out in game 1 with a concussion and then Vick took over. Offense was geared to Kolb.

...well that takes care of that discussion LOL.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
There was no crux. I said "for the most part, he improved". He has shown more than any QB in this division.

I'm sorry, but this was the crux of your argument. Statistically, it is incorrect.

No it wasn't. He had a slightly lower completion percentage and the INT/TD ratio was near the same. His yards increased, TD's increased. He only decreased in completion percentage. With only 3 more games played in 2010, he went from being sacked 3 times to 15 times. So in 3 more games, he was sacked an average of 5 per game more...yet he kept his stats comparable to the previous year.
I would rank it by who has the best QB, so I think the division will end up like this.

1. Rams
2. Arizona
3. Seattle
4. 49ers

Seattle and 49ers will be neck and neck, so its a toss up. I would rather the 49ers be worse so the draft pick is higher is they are going to be at the bottom of the division.
There was no crux. I said "for the most part, he improved". He has shown more than any QB in this division.

I'm sorry, but this was the crux of your argument. Statistically, it is incorrect.

No it wasn't. He had a slightly lower completion percentage and the INT/TD ratio was near the same. His yards increased, TD's increased. He only decreased in completion percentage. With only 3 more games played in 2010, he went from being sacked 3 times to 15 times. So in 3 more games, he was sacked an average of 5 per game more...yet he kept his stats comparable to the previous year.

None of the really matters because he put up bad numbers on a good eagles team.Kolb is another spread qb that has gotten way over hyped that has done absolutely nothing to deserve praise from anyone but the Eagles for bringing them so much in return for so little.
I sure hope not, I am going between 7-9 and 9-7 in my head.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
The offense was geared to support Vick's strengths along with a left handed QB. Much different than coming in to back up McNabb. He still played well and he only has 19 starts. He's got much more upside than Alex Smith and is already ahead of Bradford. Kolb is the best QB in this division. He's had the best pedigre. He has solid offensive talent around him in ARI. I don't get how some think he's not going to improve. He would have been Andy Reid's starter if Vick didn't come along.

Kevin Kolb was the opening day starter last year. Went out in game 1 with a concussion and then Vick took over. Offense was geared to Kolb.

...well that takes care of that discussion LOL.

unlikely. stats and facts tend to get ignored when someone is on a soapbox.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
I would rank it by who has the best QB, so I think the division will end up like this.

1. Rams
2. Arizona
3. Seattle
4. 49ers

Seattle and 49ers will be neck and neck, so its a toss up. I would rather the 49ers be worse so the draft pick is higher is they are going to be at the bottom of the division.

This may seem like a QB league, but doesn't mean the best QB always determines the winner, especially in this division.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

None of the really matters because he put up bad numbers on a good eagles team.Kolb is another spread qb that has gotten way over hyped that has done absolutely nothing to deserve praise from anyone but the Eagles for bringing them so much in return for so little.
Turned out alright for Cassell, a QB who never played in College and only one year in NE, yet coaches saw him play in the NFL and wanted him. Coaches have seen Kolb play and see that he is a legitimate NFL starter.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

He got worse in every meaningful statistical category... yards per attempt, touchdown percentage, interception percentage, touchdown to interception ratio....

How about you show me an area in which he actually improved?

I also find the fact that you keep coming up with excuses for his poor performance amusing.
i like low expectations, makes everyone look stupid when we prove them wrong

He got worse in every meaningful statistical category... yards per attempt, touchdown percentage, interception percentage, touchdown to interception ratio....

I also find the fact that you keep coming up with excuses for his poor performance amusing.

Joe is one of the farthest from being an "Alexcuser" -- I think his comment of how Alex was being sacked 5 more times per game than he was prior, and still managing to play about on the same level was pretty telling.

its a Kolb-out to be making such Kolbologies.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Joe is one of the farthest from being an "Alexcuser" -- I think his comment of how Alex was being sacked 5 more times per game than he was prior, and still managing to play about on the same level was pretty telling.

I'm fairly certian he was referring to Kolb....
Rams > Cards > 49ers > Hawks

If our O-line gets it together, I can see us edging out the wounded Cards but only because they are decimated in their secondary. I expect them to get lit up like the Niners got lit up last season. You can't stop the pass, you can't win.

You say he got worse and I say the difference wasn't by much.

Now you ignored that he got sacked 5 more times per game than the previous year yet his drop-off wasn't by much. That's not bad. Imagine Alex's stats if he starts 3 more games last year but gets sacked 15 more times. I have a feeling Alex Smith's numbers would be FAR below a 60% completion percentage.
Share 49ersWebzone