There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Navorro Bowman

Like what i'm seeing from Bowman this year, especially last game on the first Defensive Series, was all over the place!!
I think the guy is a tad underrated. They should blitz him up the middle like they did in the last game. Not all the time but sometimes. Navarro has always been good at getting to the QB even right up the middle on blitzes from back in his days at Penn State. I think it's a category where they can use him effectively. Unlike SingleBrainCell we now have a coaching staff who can use the strengths and weaknesses of each player in the best ways possible. You might as well use what he is good at.
I agree, Bowman has looked good this preseason. He's been much more decisive and subsequently looks a lot quicker. Rookie or not, his tendency toward meathead penalties last year left a sour taste in my mouth, but there's no denying that the young man is looking promising at the moment.
The One Thing Mike S Did For Us! lol MIKE BACKERS!
Willis said the only thing he can say bad about Bowman is that he snores like a deisel.....hahahaha....Upgraded Spikes.....
He went to linebacker U
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Willis said the only thing he can say bad about Bowman is that he snores like a deisel.....hahahaha....Upgraded Spikes.....

Lets see how he plays in the regular season before we bust out the anointing oil.
Originally posted by susweel:

Lets see how he plays in the regular season before we bust out the anointing oil.

Indeed. Bowman has flashes, but he hasn't proven himself yet. I'm pulling for him though.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Indeed. Bowman has flashes, but he hasn't proven himself yet. I'm pulling for him though.

15 tackles in the only game he started.....continued improvment, all the praise from the coaches....a great camp.....even better preseason games....lather that dude in the anointing oil, cause hes gonna be here for a while......
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Yah same here.
Yah same here.

But, you have to admit Sus, he does show promise on the field. He was very fast and quick, twitch movement dominated his play at OLB. The fact he can do this as an ILB, only brings additional skills to the position. That one hit on Campbell is a perfect example of it. He will be able to make plays while Willis takes up most of the attention.

We will see if the arrow moves up or down in this game.

PS Fangio in the pre-game mentioned that he feels that the TED position will not "skip a beat" with Bowman. That's very encouraging!!!
[ Edited by ninertico on Aug 27, 2011 at 4:45 PM ]
I hope he gets his revenge on Kolb this season.... made him look stupid last year
As noted @ ninerinsider and sfgate, Bowman is performing like he did last year. Taking himself out of practices without reason, "flashing" before retreating and playing the game on the edges to protect against injury. He was definitely MIA tonight and the stats prove it. Having said that, our #1 D didn't look like an NFL defense tonight. Here's hoping we pull it together soon!
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
if memory serves me right, the cowboys had him on their board as a 1st round prospect. for whatever that's worth. personally, I want to see more from him before I get excited.