LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Box score: alex 9/15 and it sounded like a repeat of last yr. Then I saw the game on NFL..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MBniner:
That is a ridiculous statment. What do you mean "could have scored" - are you saying would have been automatic? Smith has always stalled in the red zone.

I hope, I really really hope, for me to have any hope in this fan base, that you're joking.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by MBniner:
That is a ridiculous statment. What do you mean "could have scored" - are you saying would have been automatic? Smith has always stalled in the red zone.

I hope, I really really hope, for me to have any hope in this fan base, that you're joking.

Nope. Hate for Smith > Love of 49ers.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dublniklz:
The DE has a 5 yard head start on Kwame.

is it me or is this when he had a broken collarbone...
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:

he had a broken collarbone right?
Originally posted by fan49:

No - that's a rookie year pic. Very relevant to this year, don't you think?
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

i love when people post stuff that does nothing helping there argument, unless there trying to bring back the smith has small hands. lol
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

isnt that the same guy who wants to be a mod? not helping his case
Originally posted by valrod33:
Alex Smith, in his career has thrown 30 TDs and 1 INT in the redzone

That's pretty incredible. If he could do that PRIOR to the redzone...now that would be awesome. Hopefully now we have a game plan that allows us to reach the redzone more often where Alex can do his thing.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
That's pretty incredible. If he could do that PRIOR to the redzone...now that would be awesome. Hopefully now we have a game plan that allows us to reach the redzone more often where Alex can do his thing.

i think we havent gone to the redzone enough is a problem i think its a mixture of both smith and playcalling. Smiths biggest weakness is from own 20 to opponents and i think a bit of the fault also goes to playcalling of raye

i think with a much better playcalling we can improve and go to redzone more but smith has to step up and become more accurate (which we saw against the riders)
I think Smith's last redzone INT was his rookie year. So basically 0 ints in the RZ since 05.

He looked pretty good but they actually picked up the blitzes. I am not getting excited until he does it in 3 straight games!
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I think Smith's last redzone INT was his rookie year. So basically 0 ints in the RZ since 05.

Alex is playing better than I have ever seen him play. Its hard to evaluate his last performance since this offense has a lot of read and react type of plays that include the WR. So its hard to lay blame on the WR or the QB when the timing isn't quite there. Alex did look down field better than he has in the past. He also made the correct pass more often than not during the raiders game. He made a bad read with the interception but many QB's in the NFL make the same mistake.

I am curious to see how he plays against Houston. Alex is the clear cut starter for this years team. I fully believe CK will be a better QB in time but right now Alex gives them the better shot at winning.
Not to spoil every body's afternoon, but Mario Williams at OLB is, if possible better than where he was last yr. This will not be a cinch game for 9ers, and altho it is hard to handicap a preseason game, i wouldn't bet money on 9ers tonite. Yeah, i'm pulling for them and will be pleased if they play well. A win against Texans will be a very pleasant surprise. Also, alex will see some more D like he did against NO, with some ,uhh, pretty decent passrushers. Let's see if he has improved, or has JH been able to "coach him up" since the N.O. game. Altho this is a throw away game, it will be instructive to see if and how alex can handle the Texans passrush, and if alex isn't looking for Mario, he sure as heck should be. I am even more curious how our OL handles the Texans DL and Mario. If we look good on OL, then this will be an extremely positive game for us, regardless of score. If JH comes up with a scheme to slow the Texans passrush, that will be tremendously important for him...and us. We'll know shortly. Incidentally, Kapas well as OL didn't handle N.O. passrush well either, and we know he will get plenty of time tonite,so a lot to look for this evening.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Not to spoil every body's afternoon, but Mario Williams at OLB is, if possible better than where he was last yr. This will not be a cinch game for 9ers, and altho it is hard to handicap a preseason game, i wouldn't bet money on 9ers tonite. Yeah, i'm pulling for them and will be pleased if they play well. A win against Texans will be a very pleasant surprise. Also, alex will see some more D like he did against NO, with some ,uhh, pretty decent passrushers. Let's see if he has improved, or has JH been able to "coach him up" since the N.O. game. Altho this is a throw away game, it will be instructive to see if and how alex can handle the Texans passrush, and if alex isn't looking for Mario, he sure as heck should be. I am even more curious how our OL handles the Texans DL and Mario. If we look good on OL, then this will be an extremely positive game for us, regardless of score. If JH comes up with a scheme to slow the Texans passrush, that will be tremendously important for him...and us. We'll know shortly. Incidentally, Kapas well as OL didn't handle N.O. passrush well either, and we know he will get plenty of time tonite,so a lot to look for this evening.

Want to see more of this...

Share 49ersWebzone