LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

Scout Inc.'s Top 200 players - Vernon Davis the 7th rated Tight End?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If he had a QB to throw him the ball then maybe hed get more recognition......all those TE's on the list have won games went to the playoffs......exposure has alot to do with these Bullsh** rankings.....I also think Willis should be the HIGHEST ranked defensive player.........
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
lmao, Smith has lost a step?

Ok thats why he had 8.5 sacks, which i believe is tied for his best season sack wise.

Lovely job once again Scouts Inc.

Exactly...is there even another d-end you'd trade him for? I really don't think so...
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
If he had a QB to throw him the ball then maybe hed get more recognition......all those TE's on the list have won games went to the playoffs......exposure has alot to do with these Bullsh** rankings.....I also think Willis should be the HIGHEST ranked defensive player.........

Personally, I think you can make a very strong argument that Willis is the best player in the NFL that isn't a QB.
Originally posted by andes14:
lmao, Smith has lost a step?

Ok thats why he had 8.5 sacks, which i believe is tied for his best season sack wise.

Lovely job once again Scouts Inc.

Exactly...is there even another d-end you'd trade him for? I really don't think so...

actually, nope.

Some may Say Jared Allen is best, yeah best 4-3 end, Smith is the best 3-4 end IMO.

Personally, I think you can make a very strong argument that Willis is the best player in the NFL that isn't a QB.

He is IMO. He is durable. Unlike most RBs, like a Peterson, though I am a huge fan of his.
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
This is the year Davis gets to showcase his talents and improvements.

He did that two years ago. Davis is top three all-around TE in this league, without a doubt.

with crappy coaching! Cannot wait to see how he performs over the next few seasons
actually, nope.

Some may Say Jared Allen is best, yeah best 4-3 end, Smith is the best 3-4 end IMO.

Even disregarding scheme, I'd take Smith over Allen (and every other d-end). There are a handful of guys I'd take over Allen actually

Notice how all of those quarterbacks are ELITE players (except perhaps Houston and Dallas). Manning, Rogers, Ryan, Rivers. The reason you can't sack those guys, is because they know exactly where their TE is going to be at all times; so they just fire a perfect pass when they are in trouble.

Its just like in Basketball, Monte Ellis is an elite guard, better than most of the All-Star team, yet he doesn't make the All-Star team, because the Warriors don't have a dominant "big man" to help them compete for a championship and make their team relevant.

Image is everything.
He is IMO. He is durable. Unlike most RBs, like a Peterson, though I am a huge fan of his.

We definitely disagree here though, I think Peterson is VERY overrated based on what he's done the last 2 years. I certainly think Chris Johnson is significantly better. Though if we're just looking at 2010, I don't think either of them are top-3. I think last year the 3 best backs were Foster, Charles, and MoJo Drew. Then after that it's guys like Johnson/Gore/McFadden/Peterson/Hillis
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Frank Gore is so underrated. he puts this team on his back year in and year out and gets no credit for it. I have been flamed for saying this before and im sure i will this time. He is far and away the best player on the team. he is the player other teams fear. VD is probably the best blocking tight end in the league. these people are idiots.

I expected that ranking with Gore because of his injuries. Playing in a s**ty offense, even WITH the injuries, he is still a top 5 back in total rushing yards over the past 4-5 years. He also has one of the highest career YPC of all running backs.
But since he hasn't been to the playoffs, the one-year-wonder's and other average running backs on playoff teams are going to be ranked higher than him.

Originally posted by BrianGO:

Notice how all of those quarterbacks are ELITE players (except perhaps Houston and Dallas). Manning, Rogers, Ryan, Rivers. The reason you can't sack those guys, is because they know exactly where their TE is going to be at all times; so they just fire a perfect pass when they are in trouble.

Its just like in Basketball, Monte Ellis is an elite guard, better than most of the All-Star team, yet he doesn't make the All-Star team, because the Warriors don't have a dominant "big man" to help them compete for a championship and make their team relevant.

Image is everything.

This........
Being ranked 7th behind guys like Witten and Tony g. isnt a bad thing.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Being ranked 7th behind guys like Witten and Tony g. isnt a bad thing.

It is when he is clearly better than those guys...
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I expected that ranking with Gore because of his injuries. Playing in a s**ty offense, even WITH the injuries, he is still a top 5 back in total rushing yards over the past 4-5 years. He also has one of the highest career YPC of all running backs.
But since he hasn't been to the playoffs, the one-year-wonder's and other average running backs on playoff teams are going to be ranked higher than him.

He hasn't been a top 5 back in total rushing yards since 2006.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Slash49:
Originally posted by saniner:
Jermichael Finley? Really?! That's the only one that confuses me

Shows flashes and everyone falls in love with him, don't know why though dude hasn't done anything to warrent that love.....except put himself on IR year in and year out, dudes always hurting himself

uh, not accurate. Finley played in 14 games his rookie year, averaged 12.3 yds/rec. 13 games his second year with similar numbers. 5 games last year in which he was lighting it up until he was injured and went on IR for the first time.

Finley is a terrific route runner with excellent speed and an above average blocker. He may get some extra juice for being on a SB winner but he is legit.
Share 49ersWebzone