LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Football Outsiders? NFC West predictions..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
we can do it
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Here's there first seven games...
Phi
@NYG
Balt
Wash
@GB
@Dal
NO

Yea...good luck with that!!!!
YIKES!!!! They're looking at a 1-6 start.

Those first 7 games are brutal! We hit the hard stretch of our schedule in the middle, which may be a blessing. If the Rams make it through those games over .500, I imagine they will easily claim the division.

I would not be surprised if we beat WAS and DAL. Also, BAL is a team we play well against but who knows with the Harbaugh connection.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we beat the Saints. They aren't as strong as they used to be.
8-8 seems about right for a team that has a new coaching staff and players adjusting to a new system, etc. Enough to compete for the division, probably not enough to make any serious playoff run. But, first things first.
Either you are attempting to post from an outside domain or your firewall/anti-virus software does not allow HTTP_REFERER to be seen. If you have firewall/anti-virus software or hardware installed, check with your firewall/anti-virus vender to learn how to enable this feature.
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
How do the Rams end up 6-10 when they have Bradford and an improved defense?
Look at their schedule Last year and look and their schedule this year
[ Edited by AJ_Larrea954 on Aug 23, 2011 at 9:53 AM ]
I differ on my view of the niners. IMO the niners have a much better defense and we have seen already that Harbaughs offense is varied enough to sustain drives which should increase the efforts of the defense. If the niners can satisfy Gore enough to keep him content, I can see the offense being as efficient as any. I especially was impressed with Kilgore. If he can block like he did vs the Raiders during the season, I think this team could reach the playoffs. Except for the doubts of Alex Smith, the rest of the team is as good as the Packers. Smith will, I believe be much the better for being rid of numbnuts and his flatulent circus. Just the fact Alex has a more varied attack plus the time to think thru plays instead of trying to beat the clock should show better results as shown by the Raiders game.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
So I guess that means:

Kolb to Fitzgerald will suck this year.....or their defense will continued to be trucked over.

Sam Bradford will go on a Sophomore slump.

And this one is a no-brainer here....Seattle will suck.

I won't lie though I blasted Football Outsiders predictions last year, so I'll show them some respect.

Kolb in going to be no good.

New offense coordinator, new system
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by dublniklz:
If we win the division, I will get a face transplant.

One of the funniest thinks I've read in a while.

its even funnier since he is butt ugly
Screw you Valrod. I'm a sexy beast.
Originally posted by 8008:
They said we would stink it up bad last year.. and the Rams would surprise.. they got those spot on.

But..

2011 Predictions
49ers 8-8
Rams 6-10
Cards 6-10
Hawks 5-11

Not the greatest.. but I'll take it.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com

that what I was thinking!! go niners!! :)
Originally posted by Joecool:
Phi
@NYG
Balt
Wash
@GB
@Dal
NO

Those first 7 games are brutal! We hit the hard stretch of our schedule in the middle, which may be a blessing. If the Rams make it through those games over .500, I imagine they will easily claim the division.

I would not be surprised if we beat WAS and DAL. Also, BAL is a team we play well against but who knows with the Harbaugh connection.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we beat the Saints. They aren't as strong as they used to be.
we better beat the skins, i know theres no guarantee wins but the skins and cinci better be wins.

I predict 9-7, simply because the defense will flourish (possibly top 10), and a smarter coaching staff all across the board.

We don't play the saints in the Reg season
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Phi
@NYG
Balt
Wash
@GB
@Dal
NO

we better beat the skins, i know theres no guarantee wins but the skins and cinci better be wins.

I think that scheudule above is the Rams schedule not the 49ers
Originally posted by islavistan:

THAT's why everyone worries about the future. I don't think that kid gets he point of Girls Gone Wild.
Originally posted by NinerFan408:

New offense coordinator, new system

I think F.O. made those predictions based upon the complexity of McDaniel's scheme, and the lost offseason. But those predictions were likely made before Bradford tore it up last week in that new system. They have a tough schedule, but I still think they are te team to beat.
Share 49ersWebzone