There are 240 users in the forums

Espn recap of raiders niners game mistake...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
At the end when comparing stats he mentions our next game is next Monday on ESPN Monday Night Football against the Vikings....

According to the schedule there are no monday night games next week, you would think ESPN would know their own programing schedule, right?

Anyway, thought it was interesting...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/43358/three-things-revisited-49ers-raiders
[ Edited by xpb49x on Aug 22, 2011 at 12:30 AM ]
  • Silky
  • Veteran
I'm telling you it's the same thing with NFL.com. They say Smith "struggled" when he clearly did not. No one does their research anymore. Either that or the only teams they care about are the Cowboys, Eagles, Patriots, Chargers etc. We are at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to doing research
They probably do all their research for west coast teams off of wikipedia.
They just don't do their research when it comes to crappy teams and we have been a crappy team for over a decade.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I'm telling you it's the same thing with NFL.com. They say Smith "struggled" when he clearly did not. No one does their research anymore. Either that or the only teams they care about are the Cowboys, Eagles, Patriots, Chargers etc. We are at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to doing research

That's not NFL.com its the Associated Press or AP, someone writes a recap and almost anyone can use it on their website.
But you are correct in saying that they didnt watch the game, they just look at box scores and high/lowlights and write their article.
Originally posted by miked1978:
They just don't do their research when it comes to crappy teams and we have been a crappy team for over a decade.

Maybe low expectations gives us an advantage during the upcoming season. I hope so.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:

When I was watching the highlights on SC the commentator said "what a throw by Smith! He can really sling em can't he!" I couldn't tell if it was sarcasm or what but I've never heard anyone speak like that about Al before lol
It's preseason so they are going to just use the wire service write up. You are right though, I get so sick of hearing about the Jets/Giants, N.E., Steelers etc. Same old
crap all the time. They should change the name to the EFL (eastern football league).
NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA
$18.99 Discount Sports jerseys
High quality
customized jersey just $69.99
Since this year 14,000 people have purchased on our site
Nike Adidas MBT shoes
get more sports product!
Please visit:
www.bbeststore.com
Originally posted by bbesth281:
NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA $18.99 Discount Sports jerseys High quality customized jersey just $69.99 Since this year 14,000 people have purchased on our site Nike Adidas MBT shoes get more sports product! Please visit: www.bbeststore.com

Gtfo

Originally posted by redmanc07:
When I was watching the highlights on SC the commentator said "what a throw by Smith! He can really sling em can't he!" I couldn't tell if it was sarcasm or what but I've never heard anyone speak like that about Al before lol

Haha, yeah I heard that too, I think it was sarcasm because right before that they showed the interception and he said "dont want to throw it there" idk it was a nice throw though!
Originally posted by xpb49x:
At the end when comparing stats he mentions our next game is next Monday on ESPN Monday Night Football against the Vikings....

According to the schedule there are no monday night games next week, you would think ESPN would know their own programing schedule, right?

Anyway, thought it was interesting...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/43358/three-things-revisited-49ers-raiders

I don't have time to look it up right now, but it might be that the game will have the MNF crew calling the game, but not be on Monday night. That happens during preseason
Share 49ersWebzone