LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Can you see a difference? Harbaugh...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by BobS:
And even though at times the offense looked like a real NFL offense it is the end result that counts, not how good it looked. The 1st team offense scored 3 points against a team that was 20th in points allowed last year that lost it's best pass defender.

PRESEASON.
As soon as they got in the red zone, they went even more vanilla with runs. C'mon man!

For BobS from the sirus thread

Harbaugh said that they are installing and not to expect game planning this week. Braylon also said that they were trying to establish an identity in the red zone, thats why they didn't throw. He said that they had the slant and fades wide open but didn't want to show it.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
And even though at times the offense looked like a real NFL offense it is the end result that counts, not how good it looked. The 1st team offense scored 3 points against a team that was 20th in points allowed last year that lost it's best pass defender.

PRESEASON.
As soon as they got in the red zone, they went even more vanilla with runs. C'mon man!

For BobS from the sirus thread

Harbaugh said that they are installing and not to expect game planning this week. Braylon also said that they were trying to establish an identity in the red zone, thats why they didn't throw. He said that they had the slant and fades wide open but didn't want to show it.

Harbaugh game-planning like a BOSS
BIG Difference Coaching Vs Preaching
Harbaugh is smart, singletary wasnt
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Harbaugh is smart, singletary wasnt

I IS KING
trippin lol
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
trippin lol

How Dare U

But, it's still encouraging to know we now have a coach that KNOWS WHAT HES DOING
  • BobS
  • Veteran
You guys should all be writing speeches for Obama. You put a positive spin on everything. First preseason game Alex & company look horrible, but it was because the nasty Saints were breaking an unwritten rule and blitzing. Second game Alex and company looked better while only scoring 3 points, but that had nothing to do with the fact the Raiders aren't the Saints and it was only vanilla play calling that kept the 1st team offense from scoring 3 tds.While I won't argue that Alex looked a lot better but I think 50% of the improvement was tied to the Raider defense not coaching turning Alex Smith into a better QB. How many times have everyone here (including me) said "It looks like Alex finally has turned the corner." ? I am not buying into the hope anymore. He needs to make plays in tough situations when the game is on the line against a quality opponent. He hasn't done that yet. It has all been downhill since his second year.
You guys should all be writing speeches for Obama. You put a positive spin on everything. First preseason game Alex & company look horrible, but it was because the nasty Saints were breaking an unwritten rule and blitzing. Second game Alex and company looked better while only scoring 3 points, but that had nothing to do with the fact the Raiders aren't the Saints and it was only vanilla play calling that kept the 1st team offense from scoring 3 tds.While I won't argue that Alex looked a lot better but I think 50% of the improvement was tied to the Raider defense not coaching turning Alex Smith into a better QB. How many times have everyone here (including me) said "It looks like Alex finally has turned the corner." ? I am not buying into the hope anymore. He needs to make plays in tough situations when the game is on the line against a quality opponent. He hasn't done that yet. It has all been downhill since his second year.

You just wait... He's going to tear it up in the 3rd quarter this week; just as soon as the Texans put in their 4th string...

So we drove down the field on them only to repeatedly run the ball in the end zone along with the fact that Braylon said we have an identity in the Red Zone but do not want to show it in preseason. But that doesn't matter.

However, I do agree with you and some others who state that it was one game Alex looked solid in and it was vs the Raiders. But one thing that no one can deny is that Alex looks far more accurate than last year.

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
So we drove down the field on them only to repeatedly run the ball in the end zone along with the fact that Braylon said we have an identity in the Red Zone but do not want to show it in preseason. But that doesn't matter.

However, I do agree with you and some others who state that it was one game Alex looked solid in and it was vs the Raiders. But one thing that no one can deny is that Alex looks far more accurate than last year.
Point taken, ha,ha. I was watching my recording of the Raiders game and saw Alex throw a hurried pass to Walker, that was dropped. I heard the announcers say "Walker should have caught that". In my initial viewing I thought the pass was behind Walker, as it always seemed even catch-able Smith throws were always a foot the wrong way to cause the receiver to adjust in a way to break his forward momentum. On rewind I saw the pass was in the right spot, as were a few others I thought were poor throws initially. I don't know if Harbaugh can cure Alex Smith, I hope he can. Smith has always shown flashes of brilliance just to regress to bad habits. He made need a psychologist more than a coach.
Point taken, ha,ha. I was watching my recording of the Raiders game and saw Alex throw a hurried pass to Walker, that was dropped. I heard the announcers say "Walker should have caught that". In my initial viewing I thought the pass was behind Walker, as it always seemed even catch-able Smith throws were always a foot the wrong way to cause the receiver to adjust in a way to break his forward momentum. On rewind I saw the pass was in the right spot, as were a few others I thought were poor throws initially. I don't know if Harbaugh can cure Alex Smith, I hope he can. Smith has always shown flashes of brilliance just to regress to bad habits. He made need a psychologist more than a coach.

Maybe all he needed was a coach that can coach?
Originally posted by Joecool:

I still won't buy until the passing game proves it can carry this team. We have seen plenty of solid run dominating games from this team in the past. We already knew we could do that.
Share 49ersWebzone