LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

gore frustrated *Edit - Signed Extension on 8/30 - 3 years: May no longer be frustrated.*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gire_21:
Wondering why you quoted me on that part?

BlueFalcon is crazy.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Wondering why you quoted me on that part? If you are wondering why I post some stuff I type on both boards it's because there are a lot of users on each that aren't on the other. Also, I usually put effort into posts....... If it isn't about that then ignore that... just weird you quoted that part without saying anything.

Edit: Also, guys I would rather have gave it to someone with some injury problems that deserved it then someone who is always healthy who didn't deserve it. Gore makes us a much better team and I will take what we can get out of him. Even if we get half the games a year it still is worth it. One of the few times I wouldn't gripe even if he never played another down. Knock on wood. Remember he played like 4 years for us for like a few million dollars and never held out or complained. It evens out to like 9 years, 48-50 million for the career if he is done then.

And like I mentioned this frees us up for next free agency. We can concentrate on Brooks, Morgan and then Edwards, Rogers or whoever else of the 1 year deals we feel we want to sign long term. Takes the biggest FA off the list. I'd like to see Brooks or Edwards some time during the season depending on how they do.

Sorry. I re-spelled your handle as an inside joke. (See the locked "Gire signed" thread halfway down)

No issues with your post. Good post.

I'm still wary about his recent injury history (ankle, hip) but not enough to feel that this deal is unreasonable.
Hell yeah classy move to a classy niner!
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Sorry. I re-spelled your handle as an inside joke. (See the locked "Gire signed" thread halfway down)

I'm still wary about his recent injury history (ankle, hip) but not enough to feel that this deal is unreasonable.

Yeah, seen that thread... someone was excited. P.S. Can you guys tell I had confidence in Gore? I came here Jan of 05 and made this account before his second season. Only seeing his rookie year but I loved the way he ran and played. Then again my name back in 04 on the 9ers.com board was 49ers_81+85... (Lloyd and Woods). Too bad we didn't know the guy was thinking about fishing every time he stepped on the field.

Oh and the only year I played fantasy football was in 06 and my name was STOP_GORE. I remember seeing an NFLN interview with Gore and he had a stop sign chain with Gore in the middle. Kind of like a challenge... try and stop me. I didn't know how to draft and picked Qbs in rounds 1 and 2 not knowing one would sit most of the season except the by week. Did real well, was like 2nd or 3rd only because I picked up Gore after he didn't get selected and I think that's the year he went for 1695? He pretty much saved me... stopped doing it though because I get too caught up in it and I'm not going to be worrying about fantasy over my team winning.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 30, 2011 at 10:00 PM ]

Yeah, seen that thread... someone was excited. P.S. Can you guys tell I had confidence in Gore? I came here Jan of 05 and made this account before his second season. Only seeing his rookie year but I loved the way he ran and played. Then again my name back in 04 on the 9ers.com board was 49ers_81+85... (Lloyd and Woods). Too bad we didn't know the guy was thinking about fishing every time he stepped on the field.

Lloyd and Woods LOL

looks like lloyd has matured 1000x since he was a niner

I'm still pissed Woods turned out to be a huge bust. I had such high expectations for him.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Lloyd and Woods LOL

looks like lloyd has matured 1000x since he was a niner

Guy made like 3 of the top 5-10 catches I have ever seen but was so inconsistent. He was worried about being a rapper as well. We got a 3rd and 4th from the Redskins, he didn't do much for them or Chicago but is really doing well with Orton in the spread. He is a good deep guy. As for Woods I think he had the talent but not the heart.
Let me clarify that. Had a different account from Jan 05 to August of 06 ( I think 49ers_98 or Peterson_98?). Changed to Gore_21 while only seeing him his rookie season but like I said he looked special to me. (No pun intended with his IQ).
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 30, 2011 at 10:01 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Let me clarify that. Had a different account from Jan 05 to August of 06 ( I think 49ers_98 or Peterson_98?). Changed to Gore_21 while only seeing him his rookie season but like I said he looked special to me. (No pun intended with his IQ).

Congratulions to you Gore 21. You must be really excited. Have a monster year, now.
This is pretty good news...like others have mentioned we got our main weapon on offense locked up...and it diddn't hurt the wallet too bad..bravo to the FO on this one

Pretty much exactly the deal I had hoped for. Not too expensive or long. But a good enough deal to make him happy and show players we take care of guys who help the organization.

And, I don't have to worry about Gore holding out and messing up my fantasy team.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Glad they got it done. Frank deserved and earned it.
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for Luca.
Alright Gore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
We are sitting on a pile of money, so why not? We won't because ownership is cheap, and management is disasterous in taking care of their own. Niners' brass will be offered something fair in compensation, but will probably ask for 15 number one selections. When they don't find a partner, they will be shocked.

I smell Mass E-mail, Part II.

Nice job, Baalke. Way to piss off your best offensive player. Genius strikes again.

Waiting for MadDog to join the party.

he joined briefly, and in true MadDog form, contradicted himself, so necessary is his crusade against Baalke.

Originally he said, "Management is cheap."

After Gore signed, he said, in effect, "They gave Ray MacDonald too much money, so they might as well give Gore too much money too."
I'm kind of embarrassed for him, but you know sometimes there's just nothing you can do. Would be nice if we could hold some type of webzone intervention for him haha. He is presumably a grown man and there is just some basic traits that should have been developed by now, unfortunately that hasn't happened and the person he portrays is straight embarrassing for somebody who thinks they are that smart.
So how much. This is one if my let peeves of the new uncluttered zone. This is big news deserving of its own thread. Instead edit the title and force someone to filter through meaningless posts to try and find the info.
Share 49ersWebzone