LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 148 users in the forums

gore frustrated *Edit - Signed Extension on 8/30 - 3 years: May no longer be frustrated.*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Originally posted by Humboldt9er:

Originally posted by okdkid:

DeAngelo Williams money?! GTFO of here Frank. You're a great RB, better than Williams. But you're a 28 year old RB with an extensive injury history. We rewarded you in 2007 when we tore up your rookie deal. That was your choice to take the money early. You're a great RB Frank, the best in Niners history. But face the facts and get real. GMs don't pay for past performance, they pay for future expectations.

whawhawhaaattttttt? best in our history? i think roger craig may slap u in the near future. frank bor ing is nowhere near as good as 33.

Also, Ricky Watters > Frank Gore.

How long was Watters with us?

This is the part of the thread where I remind everyone how DOPE Ricky Watters was.

And then people will come into the thread and try to convince me otherwise.

And then I'll say look at the stats.

And then they'll say he was a dick.

And that's where the convo will end.

You didn't answer my question.
Yall some funny fans. Every time theres a potential FA out there, y'all want the team to go spend happy. As soon as its one of ours thats put in work for the team and now be cheap. We have plenty of money to give him what he deserves.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Yall some funny fans. Every time theres a potential FA out there, y'all want the team to go spend happy. As soon as its one of ours thats put in work for the team and now be cheap. We have plenty of money to give him what he deserves.

Frank Gore maybe. Alex Smith hell no.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
I think its pretty obvious that MadDog is Scott McCloughan.

My name is spelled Scot, damn it.

P.S. I think the Seahawks are much more serious about winning than our franchise. They are building a young, tremendous OL, have big time weapons at WR and TE. All they need is a QB, and I think they will rectify this with Carson Palmer in February or a first round QB next April. They are going to be pretty solid from 2012 on.

yeah because drafting 2 O-linemen in the first rd, drafting the top WR a few seasons ago while signing BE to add to the talented TE, Vernon Davis means the Niners are not serious.

i've read some asinine posts in NT of late but the above REALLY takes the cake.

maddog and sandiego are easily the worst posters on the zone, just ignore them.
After reading the various articles first citing sources like ESPN and PFT about the frustration and possible trade rumors to the articles from Harbaugh dismissing the claims and stating they're only "water cooler talk". I've figured we have these three choices...

1) Re-sign him to a contract similar to what DeAngelo Williams got overpaid for (5 yrs/$43 mil) which is HIGHLY unlikely.
2) Trade him while he's still under contract and get a 2nd Rd pick and/or player while he still has value.
3) Let him play out his contract and hope he takes a discount to stay in S.F. (I wouldn't risk this).

What do you think the Niners should do?

Personally, I think they should pay Gore, but start with an offer like 3 yrs/$20 mil./$10 mil. guaranteed and go from there. Despite injuries the last few seasons, Gore is the centerpiece of our offense just like P. Willis is on defense. These type of guys should retire as Niners and the organization should do all they could to keep him.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

My name is spelled Scot, damn it.

P.S. I think the Seahawks are much more serious about winning than our franchise. They are building a young, tremendous OL, have big time weapons at WR and TE. All they need is a QB, and I think they will rectify this with Carson Palmer in February or a first round QB next April. They are going to be pretty solid from 2012 on.

yeah bringing in Tavaris Jackson is such a major improvement over Hasselbeck.
Edwards/Crabs/Morgan >> Rice/Williams/Tate
VD> Carlson
Not to mention Okung is hurt all the time. NinerTalk gonna talk.

Okung is healthy and playing well so far.

Sidney Rice is a stud who had a bad injury that kept him out the entire season. Without him, Favre struggled and failed. On production, Rice is a better WR than Edwards. Crabtree is nothing until he gets healthy and produces. Until that time, Williams is better.

Jackson will be the key. He knows Bevell's offense and Bevell obviously thought he would be the guy to run it. If Jackson can play up to his potential, Seattle could be a pretty good team.

I think the jury is out on Sidney Rice. He's had one good year when he had a a future HOF'er throwing to him and is coming off an injury. We'll see how he does with Jackson. Okung missed 6 games last year and is dinged again, but I suspect he'll start on opening day in SF. Their biggest challenge will be the two rookies on the right side in Carpenter and Moffit.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
After reading the various articles first citing sources like ESPN and PFT about the frustration and possible trade rumors to the articles from Harbaugh dismissing the claims and stating they're only "water cooler talk". I've figured we have these three choices...

1) Re-sign him to a contract similar to what DeAngelo Williams got overpaid for (5 yrs/$43 mil) which is HIGHLY unlikely.
2) Trade him while he's still under contract and get a 2nd Rd pick and/or player while he still has value.
3) Let him play out his contract and hope he takes a discount to stay in S.F. (I wouldn't risk this).

What do you think the Niners should do?

Personally, I think they should pay Gore, but start with an offer like 3 yrs/$20 mil./$10 mil. guaranteed and go from there. Despite injuries the last few seasons, Gore is the centerpiece of our offense just like P. Willis is on defense. These type of guys should retire as Niners and the organization should do all they could to keep him.

4) Resign him to a non WIlliams contract. Look the jig is up, we have proven that your not going to make demands and win when negotiating with the 49ers. Just see Crabtree and Goldson. Both of which share the same agent as Gore. We take care of our own, but we aint no fools lol. I respect and love Gore, but we need to do whats right for both parties. Odds are that Gore is all but spent and there is no reason to commit large sums of guaranteed money to a long term deal that most likely wont be long term. I say give him 10 to 12 mil guaranteed, front loaded on a four year deal and tell Gore to hire a good broker.

Oh and I think the Niners seriously consider trading Gore in the off season if they can find a team to give them a 1st round pick.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Buzzed posting ftw

Me? are you talking about me???

wait of mins.. are you laughin at me? i am a cat in my car?
Hey Buzz, what's your take on the whole Gore contract extension thing?
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for Shorteous.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

oh god, wait let me get my dyslexia glasses on first.

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Lemme guess...(from his infamous P. Willis quote)...

"I love Frank Gore's beasts and very good run to offense.. F'gore is so best that good damn.."

Am I close Buzz?
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
wait of mins.. are you laughin at me? i am a cat in my car?

just joking BuZz, i was talking about Scott McCloughan earlier, not you
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Don't wait for Gore to ask to be traded, trade him ASAP. If he goes to the media and publicly requests a trade, down goes his value. This is what a good GM would do. Either figure out he's worth it and pay the man his money, or ship him somewhere for some pieces before it becomes a distraction and you end up having to move him for peanuts anyway.
[ Edited by kray28 on Aug 21, 2011 at 8:51 PM ]
Originally posted by kray28:
Don't wait for Gore to ask to be traded, trade him ASAP. If he goes to the media and publicly requests a trade, down goes his value. This is what a good GM would do. Either figure out he's worth it and pay the man his money, or ship him somewhere for some pieces before it becomes a distraction and you end up having to move him for peanuts anyway.

Share 49ersWebzone