LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

Preseason week 1: The Good; The Ugly; The Same Old from Last Year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Any time I watch our O Line or QB's it makes me laugh or want to cry. It's certainly not NFL caiber O Line and QB's.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I can't think of any that made me laugh, niner football is serious business.

This is making me laugh right now hahahaha
Remember when Alex Smith was scrambling to his right last year, and just dropped the ball against the Eagles? Philly scooped it up and took it for six.
Originally posted by jones49:
Nate Clements showboating and causing us to lose to the Falcons.

One of my favorites, though it surprised me that Clements would do this. Was very disappointed.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

as soon as that happend i yelled NOOO, threw my chair, and walked right to the backyard lol then I went back to the TV like 3 minutes later
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I can't think of any that made me laugh, niner football is serious business.

That is funny, but what is real funny is... that he is a pro bowler now!!! we can't keep or get good players!! now that is funny!!!
but god i pray none of this happens this season. playoffs or not that will be a sign pointing in the right direction
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
as soon as that happend i yelled NOOO, threw my chair, and walked right to the backyard lol then I went back to the TV like 3 minutes later

I was so mad when that happened, because I really believed we could beat teh saints, and to put ourselves in an early hole was so stupid.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Remember when Alex Smith was scrambling to his right last year, and just dropped the ball against the Eagles? Philly scooped it up and took it for six.

Remember it? s**t, I was at that game with 2 Eagle fans and I just wanted to punch them in the face!

- Side note, I was trying to get my section to stop witht he we want Carr chants... I got booed...
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Pretty sure this was Smith's fault His snap count inflection startled Baas.

That is the most ridiculous snap I have ever seen. I remember laughing so hard on that play.

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by mfe8092:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I know and that guy on the other team..... what was his name.......oh yeah....Drew Brees or whatever he was only 1/4 for 6 yards from an 11 YEAR VETERAN! Poor Saints are going to have a rough year with that guy as their qb......

Yeah, you
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Alex Smith went 2 for 7, for 10 yards. I was expecting more from a 7 YEAR VETERAN!

I know and that guy on the other team..... what was his name.......oh yeah....Drew Brees or whatever he was only 1/4 for 6 yards from an 11 YEAR VETERAN! Poor Saints are going to have a rough year with that guy as their qb......

Yeah you're right. No need to worry...........if Brees stunk it up as well, then there's no doubt that Alex can and will be the perennial probowler we thought he would be back in 2005....

Gotta love the Smith apologists.....

Smith bashers tend to make up apologies and then attribute them to supporters. Easy way to win an argument. Brees playing poorly is pointed out to give you perspective on realistic expectations. Now, if you don't want to be objective you can always bash first, second and always.</img></img></img>

It's hilarious. Downright hysterical. The clear and obvious point is -- using Smith's pre-season stats is absolutely ASININE and a USELESS attempt to imply impending epic failure of this season by him. Come ON, people..

The objective individuals try to point out, "Umm.. Brees did just as bad (and while facing less pressure actually), and had the same QB rating." -- The point being -- gee, if a Pro Bowler and Alex had the same stats.. Then we have three options to consider:

A) Drew Bress must apparently suck if you're saying Alex sucks with the same statistical output.
B) Alex is as good as Brees, a Pro-Bowler, since if Brees is still great despite having the same stat-line, then Alex's identical stats must mean he's great too!
C) THESE NUMBERS ARE IRRELEVANT AND THE STATS OBVIOUSLY DON'T MEAN MUCH AT ALL. NOT ONLY JUST BY THEMSELVES, BUT ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THE CIRCUMSTANCES ON TOP OF IT ALL.

For fricks sake.. Use common sense, people.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

You know better than to make this much sense.

Warn this guy! :P
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Brooks looks ready to start....Aldon Smith looks good....Kaepernick looks like a rookie....I like seeing a big target in Braylon Edwards on the field....O-line needs a bit of tuning, maybe they havent seen blitzing like that yet, now they have and have fim on it, shouldnt be a problem, get Chilo on the bench and Im not worried about our line....Dobbs, Tukuafu, and Grant all look like they are gonna get some playing time this year....Gore looks healthy and ready to go....didnt like the snaps under center and out of the shotgun, needs work, the snaps were low, high, to the side, just all over the place, both QB's had trouble handling the snaps....1st team D looks like last year....BEASTLY....with an improved pass defense, but Patrick" Muthafu**ing" Willis For President.......lets face it we want to lose atleast one pre-season game considering what happend last year......

Glad I wasnt the only one who noticed this... a bad snap can f**k up a QB's rhythm because now he's gotta focus on getting a grip on the ball for half a second instead of the defense... and when Defense is sending a 7 man blitz it can make all the difference in the world.
The Good:
Defense played well at all phases.
Aldon Smith looked like he will be a real pass rusher. Had a lot of time in the NOs backfield.
Rookie CBs looked like they had some game in them.
Dline looked good and will be better with Sop in at NT. Liked Mc's play and Tukuafu as well.
Saw some life in some of the rookie receivers.
Hunter looked good at times.
Not as many penalties as I would have expected.
Reasonable to good LB play.

The Bad:
Oline was poor.
QBs struggled.
Dixon looked poor.
WRs need to have enough energy to catch passes that are not ideally thrown.

The Remedies:
Defense needs to get their guys healthy enough to see what we have in the CBs.
We will see if Harbaugh has the cojones to mix and match the Oline. If Snyder plays at all he needs to be at RG. If Davis can handle RG then try him over there and move Boone into RT. It is clear that we need our new Center to take Snyder's place. Sooner or later Rachal needs to be addressed and if he can't cut it then get someone else in there. If Staley can shore up RT then move him there and move Boone in to Lt and let Davis be our backup or go get Sims. But it is clear that the Oline needs major work.
More time to develop all facets of the game simply by practicing.
If Dixon can not run straight ahead then it may be time to pick up another RB
Harbaalke needs to keep their eyes open for upgrades and blank spots on the team.
Eventually Harbaugh needs to open up the offense to protect his QBs. That might not happen until regular season.
Share 49ersWebzone