There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

KNBR

• Garcia
  • Veteran
When baseball season is in full swing, KNBR is the s**t.

Not much for the day shows... thats not good. Murph and Mac are subpar. Radnich is over the hill, Krueger is terrible. Fitz and Brooks used to be good but have been a*****es to callers, albeit some deserve to be treated as such, but they have become cynical. Ralph is the absolute worst .. I like Tom Tolbert.

But for baseball coverage, you can't beat it.

John Miller/Dave Flemming calling the games.
Eric Burns is legit as f**k. Love SportsPhone 680 for post game.

Marty Lurie on the weekends is amazing.
As much as I am a niner fan, I am a giants fan too so maybe Im a little biast.
Originally posted by Garcia:

Not much for the day shows... thats not good. Murph and Mac are subpar. Radnich is over the hill, Krueger is terrible. Fitz and Brooks used to be good but have been a*****es to callers, albeit some deserve to be treated as such, but they have become cynical. Ralph is the absolute worst .. I like Tom Tolbert.

Too bad baseball isn't the top sport anymore which makes KNBR not so good.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Unless it's not football season and you're one of the millions of Giants fans within range of their signal.

Yah and talking about baseball is even more boring than the actual game. I pretty much dont listen to sports radio very much when its just baseball season. snooze fest
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Unless it's not football season and you're one of the millions of Giants fans within range of their signal.

It's always football season. In 2010, during the football season, all KNBR was talking about was the Giants and how they can get better or repeat...

Hardly any of the KNBR guys know anything about the NFL combine or intricacies about football as they do about Baseball and Razor's annoying talk about pitch count or who's playing where...

95.7 does a lot of NFL talk in more detail, even during the offseason. They also talk a good amount about the Warriors.
It was the worst idea ever to have Kruk and Kuip on every morning every day of the year.

Ok, I can understand during baseball season, but to talk baseball not during baseball season is the most boring thing I can think of.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
It was the worst idea ever to have Kruk and Kuip on every morning every day of the year.

Ok, I can understand during baseball season, but to talk baseball not during baseball season is the most boring thing I can think of.

They talk about everything. They talked about Manning this morning.
Originally posted by susweel:
Yah and talking about baseball is even more boring than the actual game. I pretty much dont listen to sports radio very much when its just baseball season. snooze fest

This.

What the hell is there to talk about with baseball anyway? There's no strategy, there are no superhuman displays of athleticism, and it's 4 hours worth of watching dudes scratch their balls, shake off pitches, step off the mound, call timeout in the batter's box, check first again, throw to first, shake off another pitch....

Yeah...I really like the way that manager gave the batter the solid strategy of hitting the ball, while the opposing manager brilliantly countered by telling the pitcher to get the batter out. Brilliant. Makes for awesome conversations...
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
Originally posted by susweel:

This.

What the hell is there to talk about with baseball anyway? There's no strategy, there are no superhuman displays of athleticism, and it's 4 hours worth of watching dudes scratch their balls, shake off pitches, step off the mound, call timeout in the batter's box, check first again, throw to first, shake off another pitch....

Yeah...I really like the way that manager gave the batter the solid strategy of hitting the ball, while the opposing manager brilliantly countered by telling the pitcher to get the batter out. Brilliant. Makes for awesome conversations...

lol im not even a baseball fan and even i think thats simplifying it too much. It takes skill man to do what even baseball players do. superhuman displays? great catches, 100 yard HRs, bases stolen (gotta be hella fast for that i think), 95+ mph fastballs, thats pretty impressive s**t.
I got turned off to KNBR, primarily the Razor and Mr. T early last year when it became obvious that the Razor degraded practically every move the 49ers made including anything and everything Jed York. The Razor was the first one out there criticizing York's move to hire Baalke and didn't quit talking about Baalke similar to how he talked about Singletary in terms of experience and at times, literally laughing at the mention of Baalke.

Don't hold things emotionally but that and the fact that most of the shows don't really talk about football and when they do, it is very general knowledge or it is a beat writer interview for 10 minutes and then the beat writer signs off and the hosts go back to the show as if the beat writer was never on the show.
fitz and brooks the best, ralph and tom sometimes if you can stand ralph,