There are 246 users in the forums

Aldon Smith update 8/9/11

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by Boomer49:
Here we go with this crap again !!!! It seems like every year people want to claim are 1st round draft pick is a bust when we haven't even played a preseason game. Of course he is gonna have some trouble !!! 1. He's a rookie 2. He's learning a new position 3. We've been stuck in a lockout

aldonexcuses

Originally posted by 5280High:
Fangio must of noticed Aldon's hands were on his hips...the #1 incator of a player not picking up the scheme fast enough.

This is picking up steam in the zone, thx prime52
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by ninerdaddy:
you guys forgot to mention that Boone is doing great against a 1st round pick whose job is to harass the QB

Boone was looked at as a first round pick before he started getting into trouble because of alcohol abuse.

I would love for him to turn it around and become a starter. I would hate to waist another high draft pick, but move Staley to the right side and Boone can be on the left. Boone is huge (6'8) and now in shape. That is a scary combo.

Matt Maiocco did say that A.Davis has improved significantly in pass protection in camp. Of cousre, Haralson & Brooks aren't Freeny.
One of the byproducts of instant "updates" (twitter, texts, forum posts, etc.) is the instant reaction from the uneducated masses. A player does something good, people react as if he's now a HOFer. He does something bad, he's now a bum and management sucks for drafting/signing him.

Instead of just taking "updates" for what they are (a moment-in-time snapshot of a much larger and unfinished picture), we rush to judgement...and it's usually driven by our over-blown egos ("see, I was right about him and that tweet confirmed it!!!").

Sad state of affairs, friends.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
One of the byproducts of instant "updates" (twitter, texts, forum posts, etc.) is the instant reaction from the uneducated masses. A player does something good, people react as if he's now a HOFer. He does something bad, he's now a bum and management sucks for drafting/signing him.

Instead of just taking "updates" for what they are (a moment-in-time snapshot of a much larger and unfinished picture), we rush to judgement...and it's usually driven by our over-blown egos ("see, I was right about him and that tweet confirmed it!!!").

exactly, aldon is a rookie and he is going to struggle at times. thats what rookies do.
Here we go with this crap again !!!! It seems like every year people want to claim are 1st round draft pick is a bust when we haven't even played a preseason game. Of course he is gonna have some trouble !!! 1. He's a rookie 2. He's learning a new position 3. We've been stuck in a lockout

Get Em boomer! f**k this article / thread lol. I've heard this which is to be expected which you hit home on, but most importantly i've heard nothing but good stuff from him. he won't back down from a challenge & our o-line can't keep up with his bruit strength he's flattened staley a couple of times, leveled our fb's & gore.

This one had me grinning ear to ear. Nice... and true... but still, expected. We have been starved for football news for a long time, so while there are extreme + premature conclusions formed? Grain of salt... grain of salt.

this is exactly it, too quick to call them beasts and too quick to call them busts
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Fangio must of noticed Aldon's hands were on his hips...the #1 incator of a player not picking up the scheme fast enough.

Where is the hands on the hips thing coming from? Ive seen it in a few threads now.

Argument of the year

Scroll down to the picture of Aldon
oh noes, a rookie has things to learn! We is doomed!

• jrg
  • Veteran
you mean, a rookie isn't perfect in his first training camp?!?!?!?!?

Welcome to the Webzone, Ghost
hands on your hips
hands on your hips
how you gonna learn the playbook
with your hands on your hips?

Originally posted by wailers15:

Get Em boomer! f**k this article / thread lol. I've heard this which is to be expected which you hit home on, but most importantly i've heard nothing but good stuff from him. he won't back down from a challenge & our o-line can't keep up with his bruit strength he's flattened staley a couple of times, leveled our fb's & gore.

I've heard the same things !!! I'm not gonna invest too much into these articles good or bad. I've made that mistake too many times in the past 8 years. I'm just gonna hope for the best .

Share 49ersWebzone