Group B
Alex Smith
Adam Snyder
Josh Morgan

Group C
Ted Ginn
Reggie Smith
Larry Grant

How is Ted Ginn group C? He's had a huge impact on field position.... Alex Smith is more group A.

this is how i would rank em

Group A

Alex Smith
Carlos Rogers
Dashon Goldson
Ahmad Brooks

Group B

Adam Snyder

Group C

Josh Morgan
Ted Ginn Jr.

I don't think there is a "Group C" when it comes to these guys. Ginn has been a huge contributor this season and if Morgan isn't resigned, the Niners have a huge hole at WR because Edwards may bolt to another team.

Get them signed, Parag....
Morgan will be a bargain
Grant a bargain
Constanza a bargain

Expensive / over pay
Rogers
Snyder
Brooks
Goldson

Alex will get paid 6-7 mil a year but buffalo totally screwed up teams trying to sign QB's with that 10mil deal they gave Fitzpatrick.
I don't see the team use franchise tag on anyone .
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Pulled this from http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/49ers-extend-Boone-through-2014?blockID=608478&feedID=5936. (The players I have in bold are players I think are locks to be extended. The italicized players are players I think will more-than-likely get extended.)

SANTA CLARA -- Backup tackle Alex Boone recently agreed to a contract extension through the 2014 season, NFL.com first reported Thursday.Boone is the first known player the 49ers have signed to a new contract since the beginning of the season.

A league source told CSNBayArea.com on Thursday that the 49ers have presented contract proposals to several other players but each has turned down the organization's offer.

Among the players to whom the 49ers are believed to have offered new deals are outside linebacker Ahmad Brooks, guard Adam Snyder, linebacker Larry Grant and special-teamer C.J. Spillman.

Boone's contract was set to expire at the end of this season, but the 49ers could have easily retained him as an exclusive rights free agent.

According to information obtained by CSNBayArea.com, Boone's deal includes three new years with $5.5 million of new money, including $2.24 million guaranteed. He received a $1.7 million signing bonus when he signed the deal.

Boone (6-8, 300) is making $450,000 this season. Next year, he is scheduled to make $950,000 in base pay. In 2013, Boone will earn $950,000 ($540,000 of which is guaranteed) with a $400,000 roster bonus. In the final year of the deal, he is scheduled to make $1.2 million in base salary with a $200,000 roster bonus. He can earn $50,000 in workout bonuses each season.

Boone originally signed with the 49ers as an undrafted free agent in 2009. He spent the entire 2009 on the 49ers' practice. Last year, he made the 49ers' 53-man roster and saw action in one game.

This summer, Boone won the job as the 49ers' backup offensive tackle. He has played in every game.

49ers contract status Signed through 2011:
CB Tramaine Brock (EFA)
LB Ahmad Brooks
LB Blake Costanzo
WR Braylon Edwards
WR Ted Ginn
S Dashon Goldson
LB Tavares Gooden
LB Larry Grant (RFA)
WR Joshua Morgan
TE Justin Peelle
RG Chilo Rachal
CB Carlos Rogers
FB Moran Norris
QB Alex Smith
S Reggie Smith
OL Adam Snyder
DB C.J. Spillman (RFA)
WR Brett Swain
DT Will Tukuafu (EFA)
S Madieu Williams

Signed through 2012:
P Andy Lee
NT Ricky Jean Francois
DE Isaac Sopoaga
CB Shawntae Spencer
TE Delanie Walker

Signed through 2013:
K David Akers
WR Dontavia Bogan (RFA)
LB NaVorro Bowman
CB Tarell Brown
TE Nate Byham
RB Anthony Dixon
DT Demarcus Dobbs (RFA)
C Jonathan Goodwin
LB Parys Haralson
DE Justin Smith
QB Scott Tolzien (RFA)
S Donte Whitner
DT Ian Williams (RFA)
WR Kyle Williams

Signed through 2014:
OT Alex Boone
RB Frank Gore
WR Michael Crabtree
CB Chris Culliver
OT Anthony Davis
CB Curtis Holcomb
RB Kendall Hunter
G Mike Iupati
LS Brian Jennings
DB Colin Jones
QB Colin Kaepernick
OL Daniel Kilgore
FB Bruce Miller
OL Mike Person
OLB Aldon Smith

Signed through 2015:
TE Vernon Davis
DE Ray McDonald

Signed through 2016:
LB Patrick Willis

Signed through 2017
OT Joe Staley

There are a lot of guys that we potentially will need to extend in that 2014 group.

Signed through 2014:
OT Alex Boone
RB Frank Gore
WR Michael Crabtree
CB Chris Culliver?
OT Anthony Davis
CB Curtis Holcomb
RB Kendall Hunter ?
G Mike Iupati
LS Brian Jennings
DB Colin Jones
QB Colin Kaepernick ?
OL Daniel Kilgore
FB Bruce Miller ?
OL Mike Person
OLB Aldon Smith

The guys with the ?'s are guys who are rookies this year, and we will have to watch them the next couple of years. I was debating whether or not to include Kaep, but by 2014 we may be ready to hand him the reins, therefore I decided to include him.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Dec 10, 2011 at 6:41 PM ]
Brooks, Goldson, Rogers, Alex, Snyder all need to get resigned
Originally posted by WildBill:
Group A
Carlos Rodgers
Dashon Goldson
Ahmad Brooks

Group B
Alex Smith
Adam Snyder
Josh Morgan

Group C
Ted Ginn
Reggie Smith
Larry Grant

How is Alex in B? Who would be our QB?
brooks should be the 1st singing, then snyder, i know rogers is important however imho he's the 2nd coming of walt(and he may want too much cash). goldson IS NOT the second coming of 42 and should not get paid like it, he's a ss who is a hitter and not a tackler (if he's learned his worth then cool, if not bye) it's a given that 11 will be back and im a hopeful hater that meyer was 100% correct. as far as the wr's are concerned if they resign morgan then edwards wont be back and like wise for the reverse so that situation will work itself out.
[ Edited by Allx9er on Dec 11, 2011 at 3:11 AM ]
I grouped it the way I did, because tecnically, although I would like to see all of them signed, but, bunched them in groups of three. First, to me, the reason for our success is D and I would like to see it remain intact first. Unless you can definately find a replacement or upgrade, you don't mess with a team that has produced a pa avg of less than 14, etc. Then in the second group Alex would be the first of that group to need to besigned-extend him a 2-3 contract. Then Snyder.

Ginn is important, but I think you can find a replacement for him in Kendall hunter or Kyle Williams or throught FA. Especially if you decide like some have suggested signing a FA or drafting a wr. Under contract will be Kyle and Crabs, Morgan will come cheap. Either they bring back Ewards and draft a pick or sign another high profile FA. They instead go woth only 4 wr and get 4 TE next year-can't rule out JH doing that in his system.
alright folks, now that the regular season is almost over... thoughts?
-Will Tukuafu (EFA)/Tramaine Brock (EFA) - Think AB said these guys can be had for 420,000 or so. Definitely start with them.
-CJ Spillman, Costanzo, Ginn for ST
-Grant I wouldn't overpay as he won't see much time with Willis/Bowman but if he wants back for cheap I re-sign him. Could get starter money elsewhere
-------------------
-Rogers but not more than 3, maybe 4. He is going to be 32 I believe by next season start... he is/will be slowing (I say 3 years is good)
-Morgan I think would have had a breakout year. I would re-sign him for a reasonable price
-Brooks/Goldson I see as guys who think they are worth more than they are. Both you get the good and bad (especially goldson). Offer reasonable and if they don't accept guess we have to make their positions high picks.
-Alex, we will see for the playoffs but I think a 2, maybe 3 year deal at most.

Guys like Norris, Spencer, Snyder, Reggie Smith, Madieu, Chilo, Gooden, Peelle will probably be gone. Out of that group I say Snyder is the most likely to stay.

2012:
P Andy Lee
DE Isaac Sopoaga
TE Delanie Walker
Spencer will probably be gone and RJF I am not too worried about.
Probably too early but I definitely work on making Lee a 9er for life. Also, maybe re-up Sopoaga and Walker for a few more years.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 24, 2011 at 11:28 PM ]
Most all of these guys will want to come back. Some may take a bigger paycheck but I would imagine 80-90% of the guys we want back will sign.

Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Most all of these guys will want to come back. Some may take a bigger paycheck but I would imagine 80-90% of the guys we want back will sign.
Agreed...or at least wishful thinking!
LB Ahmad Brooks LB Blake Costanzo WR Braylon Edwards WR Ted Ginn S Dashon Goldson LB Tavares Gooden LB Larry Grant (RFA) WR Joshua Morgan TE Justin Peelle RG Chilo Rachal CB Carlos Rogers FB Moran Norris QB Alex Smith S Reggie Smith OL Adam Snyder DB C.J. Spillman (RFA) WR Brett Swain DT Will Tukuafu (EFA) S Madieu Williams

Costanzo-I have a hard time no seeing him re-sign, the guy has been a great special teams player and a great team player period. He won't be very expensive and seems like the kind of guy that will want to stick around.

Gooden and Spillman are the other special teams guys I want to see get res-gined.

I would like to see Ginn, Morgan, Snyder, Grant and Carlos Rogers re-sign.

Other than that, I don't care if the rest of the guys fly the coop. I'd like to see Goldson back at the right place but fear that he might ask for too much money, in which case I'd rather the 49ers simply draft a safety. Brooks is kind of the same way, if he is willing to re-sign for the right price then great, if not, look to the draft for someone who can replace him.
We have many priorities to resign, but the good news is that hopefully most of these guys want to be back.

Carlos Rogers- wants to be back and probably will not have to overpay to keep him.
Alex Smith- same as Carlos Rogers.
Ted Ginn- aside from Devin Hester, there is no other returner I'd rather have.
Adam Snyder- versatile, solid player.
Dashon Goldson- late on coverage at times, but he makes so many big plays in the secondary. His play along with Aldon Smith's and Rogers's is what has elevated us to an elite defense this year. He is a part of a a big 3 that brings the big play ability to our defense.
Josh Morgan- same as Rogers.

2nd Tier
Larry Grant- proven his worth.
Ahmad Brooks- should be brought back. Part of a dominant front 7 that is pretty thin at OLB.

With all of the activity that will be going on with our team, I doubt we go after any other teams free agents, unless one of our guys decides to walk.
My Priority in resigning. Just my opinion based on my perception of what they mean to the team or potential.

Big resigning:
QB Alex Smith
CB Carlos Rogers
LB Ahmad Brooks
WR Joshua Morgan
WR Ted Ginn
OL Adam Snyder
LB Larry Grant (RFA)
LB Blake Costanzo

Solid resigning:
CB Tramaine Brock (EFA)
S Dashon Goldson
DB C.J. Spillman (RFA)
DT Will Tukuafu (EFA)
S Madieu Williams
WR Braylon Edwards - Don't think he'll be back, but I wouldn't mind giving him a 2nd chance to play healthy.
WR Brett Swain
Meh.. :
S Reggie Smith
LB Tavares Gooden
TE Justin Peelle
Don't let the door hit you on the way out:
RG Chilo Rachal
FB Moran Norris
Originally posted by Mookster:

Alex Smith
Moran Norris
Josh Morgan
Ted Ginn
Adam Snyder
Chilo Rachal

Ahmad Brooks
Reggie Smith
Carlos Rogers
Dashon Goldson
Madieu Williams
Blake Costanzo

It's going to be hard to bring back everyone. I have a feeling that all of the bolded players will walk or at the very least test the market.

I would like to see Alex, Rogers, Costanzo, Brooks, and Morgan all get at least 3-year deals. Of these, I worry that Brooks might jet if he gets a higher offer elsewhere.
Share 49ersWebzone