There are 166 users in the forums

2012 Niner Free Agents

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yeah, man - Goldson is going to want major $ - especially since he's actually playing well this year.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Yeah, man - Goldson is going to want major $ - especially since he's actually playing well this year.

i have a feeling that his dip in play last year was due to injury. I know he was banged up a little, but i had a feeling he was hurt worse than we know. IDK.

but yeah he's going to want a big payday, but his franchise # is only like 6 mil, I believe, which isn't nearly as bad as some other positions.
Franchise means he is payed the average of the top 5 players of his position. What does that amount to? Who are the top five and their salries?
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by cwilson830:

i have a feeling that his dip in play last year was due to injury. I know he was banged up a little, but i had a feeling he was hurt worse than we know. IDK.

but yeah he's going to want a big payday, but his franchise # is only like 6 mil, I believe, which isn't nearly as bad as some other positions.

Yeah that's not too bad
Originally posted by WildBill:
Franchise means he is payed the average of the top 5 players of his position. What does that amount to? Who are the top five and their salries?

QB: 14.4

LB: 8.8

CB: 10.6

S: 6.2

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8247df3a/article/franchisetag-values-will-be-down-across-the-board-in-2012

think that's pretty accurate. Not sure if there is any difference in LB position (OLB, ILB) or S position (FS, SS).
Group A
Carlos Rodgers
Dashon Goldson
Ahmad Brooks

Group B
Alex Smith
Adam Snyder
Josh Morgan

Group C
Ted Ginn
Reggie Smith
Larry Grant

Group A:
A. Smith
J. Morgan
D. Goldson
C. Roders

Group B:
A. Brooks
A. Snyder
T. Ginn
L. Grant

Group C:
R. Smith (but I wouldn't re-sign him, I'd draft his replacement)
Pulled this from http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/49ers-extend-Boone-through-2014?blockID=608478&feedID=5936. (The players I have in bold are players I think are locks to be extended. The italicized players are players I think will more-than-likely get extended.)

SANTA CLARA -- Backup tackle Alex Boone recently agreed to a contract extension through the 2014 season, NFL.com first reported Thursday.Boone is the first known player the 49ers have signed to a new contract since the beginning of the season.

A league source told CSNBayArea.com on Thursday that the 49ers have presented contract proposals to several other players but each has turned down the organization's offer.

Among the players to whom the 49ers are believed to have offered new deals are outside linebacker Ahmad Brooks, guard Adam Snyder, linebacker Larry Grant and special-teamer C.J. Spillman.

Boone's contract was set to expire at the end of this season, but the 49ers could have easily retained him as an exclusive rights free agent.

According to information obtained by CSNBayArea.com, Boone's deal includes three new years with $5.5 million of new money, including $2.24 million guaranteed. He received a $1.7 million signing bonus when he signed the deal.

Boone (6-8, 300) is making $450,000 this season. Next year, he is scheduled to make $950,000 in base pay. In 2013, Boone will earn $950,000 ($540,000 of which is guaranteed) with a $400,000 roster bonus. In the final year of the deal, he is scheduled to make $1.2 million in base salary with a $200,000 roster bonus. He can earn $50,000 in workout bonuses each season.

Boone originally signed with the 49ers as an undrafted free agent in 2009. He spent the entire 2009 on the 49ers' practice. Last year, he made the 49ers' 53-man roster and saw action in one game.

This summer, Boone won the job as the 49ers' backup offensive tackle. He has played in every game.

49ers contract status Signed through 2011:
CB Tramaine Brock (EFA)
LB Ahmad Brooks
LB Blake Costanzo
WR Braylon Edwards
WR Ted Ginn
S Dashon Goldson
LB Tavares Gooden
LB Larry Grant (RFA)
WR Joshua Morgan
TE Justin Peelle
RG Chilo Rachal
CB Carlos Rogers
FB Moran Norris
QB Alex Smith
S Reggie Smith
OL Adam Snyder
DB C.J. Spillman (RFA)
WR Brett Swain
DT Will Tukuafu (EFA)
S Madieu Williams

Signed through 2012:
P Andy Lee
NT Ricky Jean Francois
DE Isaac Sopoaga
CB Shawntae Spencer
TE Delanie Walker

Signed through 2013:
K David Akers
WR Dontavia Bogan (RFA)
LB NaVorro Bowman
CB Tarell Brown
TE Nate Byham
RB Anthony Dixon
DT Demarcus Dobbs (RFA)
C Jonathan Goodwin
LB Parys Haralson
DE Justin Smith
QB Scott Tolzien (RFA)
S Donte Whitner
DT Ian Williams (RFA)
WR Kyle Williams

Signed through 2014:
OT Alex Boone
RB Frank Gore
WR Michael Crabtree
CB Chris Culliver
OT Anthony Davis
CB Curtis Holcomb
RB Kendall Hunter
G Mike Iupati
LS Brian Jennings
DB Colin Jones
QB Colin Kaepernick
OL Daniel Kilgore
FB Bruce Miller
OL Mike Person
OLB Aldon Smith

Signed through 2015:
TE Vernon Davis
DE Ray McDonald

Signed through 2016:
LB Patrick Willis

Signed through 2017
OT Joe Staley
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Dec 8, 2011 at 5:27 PM ]
I can see Brooks signing a big contract with the Bills. They need a pass-rush and would probably offer more than we did.
Let Reggie Smith go, Chilo, Madieu Williams, and Justin peele. keep rest
Group A
Carlos Rodgers
Dashon Goldson
Ahmad Brooks

Group B
Alex Smith
Adam Snyder
Josh Morgan

Group C
Ted Ginn
Reggie Smith
Larry Grant

How is Ted Ginn group C? He's had a huge impact on field position.... Alex Smith is more group A.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Group A
Carlos Rodgers
Dashon Goldson
Ahmad Brooks

Group B
Alex Smith
Adam Snyder
Josh Morgan

Group C
Ted Ginn
Reggie Smith
Larry Grant

How is Ted Ginn group C? He's had a huge impact on field position.... Alex Smith is more group A.

what exactly do the groups mean specifically? Defense, Offense, ST?
[ Edited by defenderDX on Dec 8, 2011 at 6:13 PM ]
Just ranking by importance
I have a feeling a bunch of these guys will want to re-sign and stay with the Niners!
snyder is a MUST

unless they think kilgore is ready
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Group A
Carlos Rodgers
Dashon Goldson
Ahmad Brooks

Group B
Alex Smith
Adam Snyder
Josh Morgan

Group C
Ted Ginn
Reggie Smith
Larry Grant

this is how i would rank em

Group A

Alex Smith
Carlos Rogers
Dashon Goldson
Ahmad Brooks

Group B

Adam Snyder

Group C

Josh Morgan
Ted Ginn Jr.
Share 49ersWebzone