There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

I ain't never scared
Originally posted by toeknee:
I ain't never scared


  • dj43
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,155
Originally posted by lamontb:
Gonna be a tough game. I think folks are really underestimating how good Seattle and the cards have been playing the last several weeks. Seattle has a good run game and good as run defense. They got 2 very good safeties as well. The Niners were on the verge of blowing that 1st game vs Seattle this year. Baldwin beat them on a deep pass. Ted Ginn saved the day.

Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas are the best pair of safeties in the league, and it isn't even close. Thomas is playing at an All Pro level and Chancellor at 6'3" 235 hits like a freight train and should go to the Pro Bowl.

Also Richard Sherman (6'3" 195) and Brandon Browner (6'4" 225) are the biggest CBs in the league, and they support the run defense VERY well in addition to defending the pass well. That secondary is playing very well right now.

Yep, gonna be tough.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by toeknee:
I ain't never scared



Does that mean he's always scared?
These a*****es. Ugh.


Going to have to win this with Special Teams and Defense just like in week 1. Make Tavaris lose the game.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by toeknee:
I ain't never scared



Does that mean he's always scared?
lol, that's exactly what that means.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Gonna be a tough game. I think folks are really underestimating how good Seattle and the cards have been playing the last several weeks. Seattle has a good run game and good as run defense. They got 2 very good safeties as well. The Niners were on the verge of blowing that 1st game vs Seattle this year. Baldwin beat them on a deep pass. Ted Ginn saved the day.

Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas are the best pair of safeties in the league, and it isn't even close. Thomas is playing at an All Pro level and Chancellor at 6'3" 235 hits like a freight train and should go to the Pro Bowl.

Also Richard Sherman (6'3" 195) and Brandon Browner (6'4" 225) are the biggest CBs in the league, and they support the run defense VERY well in addition to defending the pass well. That secondary is playing very well right now.

Yep, gonna be tough.

Sherman is the CB to go after if you want to roast a CB. But DO NOT go after Browner. He is straight up one of the best, most physically dominant corners in the NFL and I'd venture to say the single most underrated defensive player right now.
i don't think anyone is underestimating the seahawks. they have been playing good football and they have really taken it to us in seattle with 3 straight wins. add to that a tough homefield and we have a really short week (not as short as baltimore) and we are in a tough spot but guess what no excuses. we need to win the game. whatever it takes to win the game is what needs to happen and i think we will do it
Aside from using our dominant defense to crush their offense, we can beat the Seahawks at home by using our big tight ends to match up against their bigger secondary on outside blocking in the run game.

We are going to need good playcalling and have to keep Seattle off balance to win. Ginn's injury looked like it was bad enough to keep him out at least a week. Braylon gets his chance, and he better make the most of it because he will likely be facing Browner.

The best 4-wide personnel grouping I see for this game, without Ginn, is this:

Edwards - Williams/Walker - Davis - Crabtree
Originally posted by lamontb:
Gonna be a tough game. I think folks are really underestimating how good Seattle and the cards have been playing the last several weeks. Seattle has a good run game and good as run defense. They got 2 very good safeties as well. The Niners were on the verge of blowing that 1st game vs Seattle this year. Baldwin beat them on a deep pass. Ted Ginn saved the day.

sorry but baldwin never beat us on a "deep pass". he beat us on a 5 yard curl where reggie smith took a horrible angle and then it was off to the races. it was just a fluke play and beyond that play we absolutely destroyed their offense
Funny thing is nobody is talking about the "whats your deal" handshake anymore. I guess we got bigger fish to fry now.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Gonna be a tough game. I think folks are really underestimating how good Seattle and the cards have been playing the last several weeks. Seattle has a good run game and good as run defense. They got 2 very good safeties as well. The Niners were on the verge of blowing that 1st game vs Seattle this year. Baldwin beat them on a deep pass. Ted Ginn saved the day.

sorry but baldwin never beat us on a "deep pass". he beat us on a 5 yard curl where reggie smith took a horrible angle and then it was off to the races. it was just a fluke play and beyond that play we absolutely destroyed their offense

This
Go Niners, GO!
Originally posted by TTTT9ers:
Go Niners, GO!

Originally posted by susweel:
Funny thing is nobody is talking about the "whats your deal" handshake anymore. I guess we got bigger fish to fry now.

You OK...? Who you're dealing with...?!

Yeah I'm alright. What's your deal!