There are 238 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by toeknee:
I ain't never scared

Does that mean he's always scared?

It means sometimes he is scared. There will never be a time when he is never scared.
I'm not really sure why he is proud of that.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Dec 20, 2011 at 7:04 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Gonna be a tough game. I think folks are really underestimating how good Seattle and the cards have been playing the last several weeks. Seattle has a good run game and good as run defense. They got 2 very good safeties as well. The Niners were on the verge of blowing that 1st game vs Seattle this year. Baldwin beat them on a deep pass. Ted Ginn saved the day.

Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas are the best pair of safeties in the league, and it isn't even close. Thomas is playing at an All Pro level and Chancellor at 6'3" 235 hits like a freight train and should go to the Pro Bowl.

Also Richard Sherman (6'3" 195) and Brandon Browner (6'4" 225) are the biggest CBs in the league, and they support the run defense VERY well in addition to defending the pass well. That secondary is playing very well right now.

Yep, gonna be tough.

Sherman is the CB to go after if you want to roast a CB. But DO NOT go after Browner. He is straight up one of the best, most physically dominant corners in the NFL and I'd venture to say the single most underrated defensive player right now.

he can be had, see rex grossman 50 yard bomb on 3rd and forever in seattle couple of weeks back
Originally posted by crabman82:
Gonna be a tough game. I think folks are really underestimating how good Seattle and the cards have been playing the last several weeks. Seattle has a good run game and good as run defense. They got 2 very good safeties as well. The Niners were on the verge of blowing that 1st game vs Seattle this year. Baldwin beat them on a deep pass. Ted Ginn saved the day.

Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas are the best pair of safeties in the league, and it isn't even close. Thomas is playing at an All Pro level and Chancellor at 6'3" 235 hits like a freight train and should go to the Pro Bowl.

Also Richard Sherman (6'3" 195) and Brandon Browner (6'4" 225) are the biggest CBs in the league, and they support the run defense VERY well in addition to defending the pass well. That secondary is playing very well right now.

Yep, gonna be tough.

Sherman is the CB to go after if you want to roast a CB. But DO NOT go after Browner. He is straight up one of the best, most physically dominant corners in the NFL and I'd venture to say the single most underrated defensive player right now.

he can be had, see rex grossman 50 yard bomb on 3rd and forever in seattle couple of weeks back

exactly, browner is not no damn shutdown cb, most of his picks have come from tipped passes and not because he locking down his man, sorry but im not worried about their secondary other than earl thomas and the hitting of chancellor. their dline will be tough to run on though
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
exactly, browner is not no damn shutdown cb, most of his picks have come from tipped passes and not because he locking down his man, sorry but im not worried about their secondary other than earl thomas and the hitting of chancellor. their dline will be tough to run on though

they have a good secondary

browner is good but i think he is only good against the physical type WR so crabtree may have a good game against him

and damn we need another WR lol
This will be a tough matchup IMO. These guys will play hard at home. We need to score early to take the crowd out of it and neutralize lynch. Tavaris Jackson will give us some opportunities.
Aside from using our dominant defense to crush their offense, we can beat the Seahawks at home by using our big tight ends to match up against their bigger secondary on outside blocking in the run game.

We are going to need good playcalling and have to keep Seattle off balance to win. Ginn's injury looked like it was bad enough to keep him out at least a week. Braylon gets his chance, and he better make the most of it because he will likely be facing Browner.

The best 4-wide personnel grouping I see for this game, without Ginn, is this:

Edwards - Williams/Walker - Davis - Crabtree

I'd like to see a healthy dose of Kendall Hunter too. A short week is a good time to see players with relatively fresh legs step up. In my mind those players would be Braylon (if healthy) and Kendall Hunter.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
im not sure about you guys but i want to see a larger dose of brett swain.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Yep, gonna be tough.

He's not flawless, man. But physically he is still one of the best press corners right now. If he can jam you, you're not going to do much.

If he tries to press, get him matched up on Edwards, if he's off a little, let KW juke him out of his sneakers for a big gain.
Originally posted by THEB:

lol
12-3

CUT EM UP!!!!!
We should win this one; we're coming off an upbeat win with tons of momentum into a stadium we really hate with tons of confidence; compared to many teams who come off of 'emotional' wins and snap in half. (Cause Monday was a domination, not a 3-7 point bend-or-breaker).
not sure if this was mentioned but seahawks signed phillip adams today
not sure if this was mentioned but seahawks signed phillip adams today

They LOVE our players
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by THEB:

lol

lmao.

The dude did have a catch for like 8 yards or something and coulda had another on a slant pattern on 3rd down if not for a non call PI.
Share 49ersWebzone