There are 546 users in the forums
***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. PITTSBURGH STEELERS GAMEDAY THREAD (MONDAY NIGHT) ***
Dec 13, 2011 at 12:23 PM
- Allx9er
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,692
we gonna get gaped
Dec 13, 2011 at 12:47 PM
- SnakePlissken
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,028
Harrison being out is actually huge for us. -Steelers D doesn't rally around Harrison the way Baltimore does with Lewis (in fact Harrison isn't really the type of guy who communicates much period).
Dec 13, 2011 at 12:52 PM
- mickey49
- Veteran
- Posts: 488
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I had heard it was grade 2...but if it is grade 1, he'll play.
Grade 1 supposedly: http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/37876/optimism-regarding-roethlisbergers-status
Dec 13, 2011 at 12:59 PM
- Loco49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,815
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Harrison being out is actually huge for us. -Steelers D doesn't rally around Harrison the way Baltimore does with Lewis (in fact Harrison isn't really the type of guy who communicates much period).
I don't think it matters that Harrison is out. The sad part is that the Steelers will do the same things that the Ravens and Cardinals did and our offense still won't be able to stop/beat the blitz. I don't think they can fix the blitz problem this year.
Dec 13, 2011 at 1:03 PM
- ninertico
- Veteran
- Posts: 10,259
Originally posted by Loco49er:
I don't think it matters that Harrison is out. The sad part is that the Steelers will do the same things that the Ravens and Cardinals did and our offense still won't be able to stop/beat the blitz. I don't think they can fix the blitz problem this year.
But, it's good that we are facing that type of D because GB uses it too. It's a lot of prep work and practice in order for the O to combat this kind of blitz properly. Will they do that? I'm sure they will go over Blitz protection, but I think AZ was a serious trap.
I think they will attack by both ground and air. I expect to see more of Hunter n Walker with more passes to the slot.
At least I hope we do.
Dec 13, 2011 at 1:18 PM
- Loco49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,815
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by Loco49er:
I don't think it matters that Harrison is out. The sad part is that the Steelers will do the same things that the Ravens and Cardinals did and our offense still won't be able to stop/beat the blitz. I don't think they can fix the blitz problem this year.
But, it's good that we are facing that type of D because GB uses it too. It's a lot of prep work and practice in order for the O to combat this kind of blitz properly. Will they do that? I'm sure they will go over Blitz protection, but I think AZ was a serious trap.
I think they will attack by both ground and air. I expect to see more of Hunter n Walker with more passes to the slot.
At least I hope we do.
I hope you're right but even if they fix the blitz protection problems there is the red zone issue...they even struggled against the Rams in the red zone
Dec 13, 2011 at 1:39 PM
- Eli_23
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,770
We're gonna kill em
Dec 13, 2011 at 1:41 PM
- 80849er4life
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,846
We better win this game.....I mean the 2nd seed in the NFC is on the line WTF!!!!!
Dec 13, 2011 at 1:49 PM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
Im calling it right now, Alex Smith will not get sacked this game and we will win. Braylon Edwards will have 2 redzone Tds
Dec 13, 2011 at 1:53 PM
- hondakillerzx
- Veteran
- Posts: 19,280
niners in a route. f**k the steelers
Dec 13, 2011 at 3:38 PM
- SnakePlissken
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,028
Originally posted by valrod33:
Im calling it right now, Alex Smith will not get sacked this game and we will win. Braylon Edwards will have 2 redzone Tds
I agree; it seems that for every horrible offensive/line showing, they come back the following week (win or lose) and play stronger and more focused.
Hell, it's f**king MNF, we play at an intense/high level of competition when it comes to these games.
Dec 13, 2011 at 3:43 PM
- verb1der
- Member
- Posts: 15,613
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Im calling it right now, Alex Smith will not get sacked this game and we will win. Braylon Edwards will have 2 redzone Tds
I agree; it seems that for every horrible offensive/line showing, they come back the following week (win or lose) and play stronger and more focused.
Hell, it's f**king MNF, we play at an intense/high level of competition when it comes to these games.
I think you guys might be jinxing this game.

People were calling a blowout vs the Cards last week.
[ Edited by verb1der on Dec 13, 2011 at 3:44 PM ]
Dec 13, 2011 at 3:58 PM
- DonnieDarko
- Veteran
- Posts: 66,888
Originally posted by verb1der:
I think you guys might be jinxing this game.
People were calling a blowout vs the Cards last week.
every week people call us to destroy a team, barely win, or even lose. so what's your point
Dec 13, 2011 at 4:03 PM
- ninersrule4
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,680
49ers- 6
Steelers- 24
We will still see a ravens/ cardinals type D nd the O will struggle. Harbaugh doesn't know how to fix it or doesn't want to
Steelers- 24
We will still see a ravens/ cardinals type D nd the O will struggle. Harbaugh doesn't know how to fix it or doesn't want to
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Dec 13, 2011 at 4:12 PM ]
Dec 13, 2011 at 4:04 PM
- DonnieDarko
- Veteran
- Posts: 66,888
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
49ers- 6
Steelers- 24
We will still a ravens/ cardinals type D nd the O will struggle. Harbaugh doesn't know who to fix it or doesn't want to
that's generous
it's gonna be 48-9 Stillers