LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. ARIZONA CARDINALS 2011 GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WINiner:
It its pretty evident that the offense works on certain areas they wouldn't normally address during a game against lesser teams.

The play calling is very different than say against Detroit or NY.

I think to an extent the team treats games against lesser opponents as a more intense environment to practice that which needs more practice.....

This is exactly how I saw it. Now that they have tried some of their plays vs live bullets, it gives them a better feel for the timing of the plays and a chance to fine tune them. That wheel route to Vernon that missed earlier in the game went for a TD the 2nd time around. The playbook is opening up at a perfect time and if they continue to work on it, we should be clicking on all cylinders by the end of the season.
Isn't the WCO all about timing and it can take years for a qb and receivers to get that timing down? I think it's great that they are slinging the ball around. Works on timing issues in game time situations and getting opponents to respect our passing game in the coming weeks will force them to soften up the box against Gore. Yes there are obvious problems in the redzone. But i think the last couple weeks they have tried throwing there a lot more. Giants forced them and i think the cardinals were more of a decision because it does need work. It's not the playoffs yet and there is plenty of time to get it clicking. We have a good coaching staff and they see where the team is struggling. They can find the problem and fix it. They've given us little reason to doubt their effectiveness as of late.
I think we cut their butts pretty good. Anytime you win by 16 points you "blew up" a team, especially in the NFL.
I think we cut their butts pretty good. Anytime you win by 16 points you "blew up" a team, especially in the NFL.
Dockett is mad because despite a couple of missed and blocked FGs, plus missed TD opportunities, we still whipped them and nearly shut them out. I think under all this trash talking in the past that he'd really like to be a Niner instead. His fault, he took the money when he re-signed with them.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
He makes it sound like his team really didn't get beat.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
OMG dude nobody blows a team out 70-0. Seriously. The Walsh 9ers even had mediocre games against bad opponents where they beat them but could have dominated them. These expectations are kind of ridiculous. Half of you predicted sub .500 records before the season started.

What you say is true, but set the bar high, you go high. Set it low, and you won't get far. Example Rice and Craig. They worked hard as if their jobs were in jepordy-their words, they held themselves to a high standard. If you want to win the SB, you can't just be saying I am just happy to get the win.

And the only reason we couldn't have won this game 70-0 is because once a team is up 40+ points at halftime, they basically shut it down after that.
In this game, we should have EASILY, and I mean EASILY, been up at least 35-0 at halftime, and then won the game 48-7 or whatever. We should have given our starters a REST, and had them more ready for Thursday.
These things should have EASILY happened, if we could just make the easy plays, and own a killer instinct like the 49ers of old.

Alex missed passes on the INT and to Crabtree. The pass to Edwards in the EZ was catchable. Vernon showed again that he has little football sense when he stopped two drives jumping for one pass at his knees and not cutting his step before landing out of bounds on another. Smith's TD pass to Vernon was perfect. Alex also had 257 yards passing (highest of the season?). The redzone offense still needs work. Both QB and receivers. But remember early in the season when the team would rush four times? Getting pass plays integrated with run plays is the next step. It may not happen this season.

I'd like to see Williams as a starter. Bring in Braylon for short yardage and red zone. Bring in Ginn for 3rd and long.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Darnell Dockett would not start on this team.
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
49ers defensive coordinator Vic Fangio did not send more than four pass-rushers on any pass play vs. Cardinals on Sunday. Not one blitz.
once read that the best indicator of how good a team is, is not by looking at their w/l record, but by looking at their w/l record in blowout games. the truly great teams teams have more blowouts where as borderline good teams tend to have just won a lot of close games

Originally posted by valrod33:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
49ers defensive coordinator Vic Fangio did not send more than four pass-rushers on any pass play vs. Cardinals on Sunday. Not one blitz.

and Skelton still got pwned.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Darnell Dockett would not start on this team.

You know when i read it the first thought i had was "WTF you cr....wait a sec,actually u might be absolutely right" lol. wont take Rays spot, or Justin. Only one he would have to challenge is Ice and Darnell is no NT. Justin n Ray play 95% of the time...so yeh as crazy as it is to say it, Darnell Dockett would not start for the 49ers. lol Beautiful!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
You know when i read it the first thought i had was "WTF you cr....wait a sec,actually u might be absolutely right" lol. wont take Rays spot, or Justin. Only one he would have to challenge is Ice and Darnell is no NT. Justin n Ray play 95% of the time...so yeh as crazy as it is to say it, Darnell Dockett would not start for the 49ers. lol Beautiful!

I hate the guy, but he would start over RayMac.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by valrod33:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

and Skelton still got pwned.

Young QBs. We have seen it before with Jackson, Johnson, Stafford, McCoy, Beck, Skelton and Dalton. Take away their first and best option, they don't know where to go with the ball, held on to the ball too long and start running around like a chicken with its head cut off.
dockett had 1 tackle in the game, and their defense was on the field all fn day!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone