LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. ARIZONA CARDINALS 2011 GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by mike:
Sigh people are missing my point. I give up...I never said we didn't dominate. I said we didn't blow them out. There is a difference. Whether we blame the rain or whatever the execution was not what you'd like to see against a mediocre cardinals defense.

You're right, we should have blown them out 70-0, but nobody wants to talk about that because it will be another "you know who" thread. Until we lose to a bad team, nobody wants to talk about that.

fixed
Sigh people are missing my point. I give up...I never said we didn't dominate. I said we didn't blow them out. There is a difference. Whether we blame the rain or whatever the execution was not what you'd like to see against a mediocre cardinals defense.

You're right, we should have blown them out 70-0, but nobody wants to talk about that because it will be another "you know who" thread. Until we lose, nobody wants to talk about that.

OMG dude nobody blows a team out 70-0. Seriously. The Walsh 9ers even had mediocre games against bad opponents where they beat them but could have dominated them. These expectations are kind of ridiculous. Half of you predicted sub .500 records before the season started.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
We forced FIVE TURNOVERS, 3/4ths of the entire game's possession time, and still only scored two touchdowns. If you think that was "blowing a team up" then you're f**king blind.

not necessarily on the scoreboard, but did you actually watch this game? we absolutely destroyed them. at one point they had more turnovers than first downs. the game was 23-0 before a pick in the endzone slipped through rogers hands. this game wasn't close at all. we sputtered inside their 30 but make no mistake that we kicked the s**t out of them for 60 minutes. complete and total domination
Again how do you force 5 turnovers, have amazing field position, and not score more than they did against the cards? I did watch the game and I agree they had no chance, but our redzone execution still needs work. In the end you can "dominate" all you want but the team that racks up the most points wins.

2 or 3 missed FGs+a dropped TD by Edwards+a missed throw by Smith. For the majority of the game AZ got f**king dominated. If we fix maybe 3 out of 5 minor problems that can be a 30 or 40 point game real quick.

Missing throws are not minor problems. Our defense is so good we cover up so many mistakes, but at some point in the future, these missed plays are going to hurt us.

Its not even the missed throws either. "We" have tons of time to throw, yet "we" can still only manage 1 TD pass in a game that could have easily had 6+ TD passes.

We need to get the running game back on track badly before we enter the playoffs.
We forced FIVE TURNOVERS, 3/4ths of the entire game's possession time, and still only scored two touchdowns. If you think that was "blowing a team up" then you're f**king blind.

not necessarily on the scoreboard, but did you actually watch this game? we absolutely destroyed them. at one point they had more turnovers than first downs. the game was 23-0 before a pick in the endzone slipped through rogers hands. this game wasn't close at all. we sputtered inside their 30 but make no mistake that we kicked the s**t out of them for 60 minutes. complete and total domination
Again how do you force 5 turnovers, have amazing field position, and not score more than they did against the cards? I did watch the game and I agree they had no chance, but our redzone execution still needs work. In the end you can "dominate" all you want but the team that racks up the most points wins.

2 or 3 missed FGs+a dropped TD by Edwards+a missed throw by Smith. For the majority of the game AZ got f**king dominated. If we fix maybe 3 out of 5 minor problems that can be a 30 or 40 point game real quick.

Missing throws are not minor problems. Our defense is so good we cover up so many mistakes, but at some point in the future, these missed plays are going to hurt us.

Its not even the missed throws either. "We" have tons of time to throw, yet "we" can still only manage 1 TD pass in a game that could have easily had 6+ TD passes.

lol you guys worship guys like Flacco and Freeman and Ryan, yet they miss just as many deep throws if not more. The only guy who is nearly perfect is Rodgers. Alex didn't miss many vs NYG. The only guy who is almost perfect is Rodgers. Not to mention even though Alex has missed a some throws that would've been TDs, he has had some TDs dropped as well. Braylon this week, Crabtree last week, the TD that the ref stole from Crabs, etc. The offense is still coming together, this is not like any other team where the main components have been together for 2-3 years already.

We had 2, get your f**king facts straight
Originally posted by YungAce:
We need to get the running game back on track badly before we enter the playoffs.

Teams are giving more and more attention to Gore, it didn't work for the Giants because Alex played a good game. But until our quarterback position REALLY HURTS a team, expect to continue to see this strategy ramped up in the weeks ahead, especially this Thursday.

I GUARANTEE the Ravens are going to dare us to pass. The running game is going to get "stuffed" on Thanksgiving unless we can hurt them through the air.
If we can hurt the Ravens through the air, and win this game, then I see us running the table from here on out and getting a first round bye.

I hate watching us miss so many opportunities against bad teams, I think we step up against good teams, so hopefully we can do some damage this Thursday.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
We had 2, get your f**king facts straight

We should have had tons more. If we can get 2 passing TD's against the Ravens then I think we will win.
and I'm not denying that. But by "blowing up" I mean the score, like when we "blew up" tampa. That's blowing up. Going into the second half this was still anyone's game. In the end you either execute or you don't. This was Arizona we were facing, not a super legit contender. f**k around like we did in the first half and green bay would be up 25 points by the end of the 2nd.

Teams have to work harder and pile on huge drives to score on the 9ers D. It may as well have been 60-7 if you ask the cards offence.
[ Edited by ace49ers on Nov 21, 2011 at 1:28 AM ]
lol you guys worship guys like Flacco and Freeman and Ryan, yet they miss just as many deep throws if not more. The only guy who is nearly perfect is Rodgers. Alex didn't miss many vs NYG. The only guy who is almost perfect is Rodgers. Not to mention even though Alex has missed a some throws that would've been TDs, he has had some TDs dropped as well. Braylon this week, Crabtree last week, the TD that the ref stole from Crabs, etc. The offense is still coming together, this is not like any other team where the main components have been together for 2-3 years already.

Vernon "jump dropped" a perfect pass which could have been big. I don't know why this guy always has to jump, its almost like he expects every pass to be high, so he jumps on instinct.

Alex threw a ball to Edwards that needs to be on the back-shoulder, not at the leaping finger tips, he made the same throw last week. He missed another to Crabtree that is becoming common with those two. These are easy throws. Alex seems to have a major problem with the back-shoulder throw. He also can't connect with Crabtree on the easy ones.

What's frustrating is that this is a problem that seems to occur every week, people say, "just let them have some time" but it is not getting fixed. These are consistent errors, which is what is disturbing about them. At this point, I'm thinking about how we can win a championship. Its no longer about a stupid record or stupid fantasy points. It we can hit these simple plays then we can make a championship 1000 times easier to obtain. If we continue to miss on these plays, we can still do it, but MAN, its going to be SO MUCH more difficult.
Its frustrating when everything seems to be falling into place except for the EASY PLAYS. We are so close. Its like the best horse in the race but they can't put the horse shoe on properly, so the races are always close, and VERY close against other good horses. All because we can't figure out the easy part of putting on the darn horseshoe.

Its just frustrating, that's all.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Nov 21, 2011 at 1:09 AM ]
Any win is a beatiful thing after the years of ineptitude. However, it is one thing if this was against Ravens or Steelers and while divisional games are always tough, if the niners are to win the SB, which is what I am hoping, since at this point we all know the playoffs are a certainty, they will have to execute better. Remember the Pats won all year (18-0) supposedly dominated and went to the SB but lost in the end to the over whelming underdog Giants.

In the playoffs if you fail to execute one game you are out. Braylon Edwards isn't the answer, yes he has been out injured, but he has a rep for dropped balls and the past two games has shown it. Glad and Crabtree and Kyle had a break out game. The defense played great and desrved the game ball as usual.

The niners easily controled the game and there was no doubt in the game. However, we could have put them away earlier and let the rookies play more to give them more experience which is important to this season and the future, but we didn't, some droped passes by Edwards and Davis interupted the drives. Alex again overthrew two easy touchdowns to Crabtree and Davis. The ST lines brokedown and allowed two field goal to be blocked. This was in the first 6 possessions. All scorable plays. It should have been 20 nothing at Halftime at least, maybe more. The second half the offense and ST played better, Alex had only one lapse, the interception which should not have been thrown.

People may think I am being to critical since the niners won, but JH say the goal was to get better each game, well, part of getting better is self assessment and not laxing on your laurels and closing up the weaknesses.

It was 2 TDs-Davis and Williams.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Any win is a beatiful thing after the years of ineptitude. However, it is one thing if this was against Ravens or Steelers and while divisional games are always tough, if the niners are to win the SB, which is what I am hoping, since at this point we all know the playoffs are a certainty, they will have to execute better. Remember the Pats won all year (18-0) supposedly dominated and went to the SB but lost in the end to the over whelming underdog Giants.

In the playoffs if you fail to execute one game you are out. Braylon Edwards isn't the answer, yes he has been out injured, but he has a rep for dropped balls and the past two games has shown it. Glad and Crabtree and Kyle had a break out game. The defense played great and desrved the game ball as usual.

The niners easily controled the game and there was no doubt in the game. However, we could have put them away earlier and let the rookies play more to give them more experience which is important to this season and the future, but we didn't, some droped passes by Edwards and Davis interupted the drives. Alex again overthrew two easy touchdowns to Crabtree and Davis. The ST lines brokedown and allowed two field goal to be blocked. This was in the first 6 possessions. All scorable plays. It should have been 20 nothing at Halftime at least, maybe more. The second half the offense and ST played better, Alex had only one lapse, the interception which should not have been thrown.

People may think I am being to critical since the niners won, but JH say the goal was to get better each game, well, part of getting better is self assessment and not laxing on your laurels and closing up the weaknesses.

The only thing I disagree with is the Edwards throw. That is a back-shoulder play. In fact, all he has to do is pretend there is nobody else on the field, just THROW IT to him. The defender has his back turned. They need to work on the back-shoulder throw.
High throws should be in the middle of the field, that is where the player can go up and get it. Throwing the ball high to the corner rarely works. It really isn't THAT difficult a play, but they need to practice it.
OMG dude nobody blows a team out 70-0. Seriously. The Walsh 9ers even had mediocre games against bad opponents where they beat them but could have dominated them. These expectations are kind of ridiculous. Half of you predicted sub .500 records before the season started.

What you say is true, but set the bar high, you go high. Set it low, and you won't get far. Example Rice and Craig. They worked hard as if their jobs were in jepordy-their words, they held themselves to a high standard. If you want to win the SB, you can't just be saying I am just happy to get the win.
Originally posted by WildBill:

What you say is true, but set the bar high, you go high. Set it low, and you won't get far. Example Rice and Craig. They worked hard as if their jobs were in jepordy-their words, they held themselves to a high standard. If you want to win the SB, you can't just be saying I am just happy to get the win.

And the only reason we couldn't have won this game 70-0 is because once a team is up 40+ points at halftime, they basically shut it down after that.
In this game, we should have EASILY, and I mean EASILY, been up at least 35-0 at halftime, and then won the game 48-7 or whatever. We should have given our starters a REST, and had them more ready for Thursday.
These things should have EASILY happened, if we could just make the easy plays, and own a killer instinct like the 49ers of old.
And the only reason we couldn't have won this game 70-0 is because once a team is up 40+ points at halftime, they basically shut it down after that.
In this game, we should have EASILY, and I mean EASILY, been up at least 35-0 at halftime, and then won the game 48-7 or whatever. We should have given our starters a REST, and had them more ready for Thursday.
These things should have EASILY happened, if we could just make the easy plays, and own a killer instinct like the 49ers of old.

Gotta disagree, at best 23 points by halftime.
[ Edited by WildBill on Nov 21, 2011 at 1:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone