LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 138 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. ARIZONA CARDINALS 2011 GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by mike:
We forced FIVE TURNOVERS, 3/4ths of the entire game's possession time, and still only scored two touchdowns. If you think that was "blowing a team up" then you're f**king blind.

not necessarily on the scoreboard, but did you actually watch this game? we absolutely destroyed them. at one point they had more turnovers than first downs. the game was 23-0 before a pick in the endzone slipped through rogers hands. this game wasn't close at all. we sputtered inside their 30 but make no mistake that we kicked the s**t out of them for 60 minutes. complete and total domination
Again how do you force 5 turnovers, have amazing field position, and not score more than they did against the cards? I did watch the game and I agree they had no chance, but our redzone execution still needs work. In the end you can "dominate" all you want but the team that racks up the most points wins.
[ Edited by mike on Nov 20, 2011 at 11:41 PM ]
Again how do you force 5 turnovers, have amazing field position, and not score more than they did against the cards? I did watch the game and I agree they had no chance, but our redzone execution still needs work. In the end you can "dominate" all you want but the team that racks up the most points wins.

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
"Their thing is to keep the game close, don't give up no big touchdowns and then get three points and three points, maybe get a score, and that's how they win the game."

Haha this dude mad I don't think I heard his name once this whole game

Is he wrong though? Thats how we won today isnt it?
You beat me to it, was just going to ask that too. He was right what would he be mad about? other than losing. Not to mention all the annoying blocked field goals. It's not like we blew them up.

What

We forced FIVE TURNOVERS, 3/4ths of the entire game's possession time, and still only scored two touchdowns. If you think that was "blowing a team up" then you're f**king blind.

"Their thing is to keep the game close, don't give up no big touchdowns and then get three points and three points, maybe get a score, and that's how they win the game."

You beat me to it, was just going to ask that too. He was right what would he be mad about? other than losing. Not to mention all the annoying blocked field goals. It's not like we blew them up.

did the niners win the game? we have been waiting for years to be winners and now that we are that doesnt seem good enough for some

not necessarily on the scoreboard, but did you actually watch this game? we absolutely destroyed them. at one point they had more turnovers than first downs. the game was 23-0 before a pick in the endzone slipped through rogers hands. this game wasn't close at all. we sputtered inside their 30 but make no mistake that we kicked the s**t out of them for 60 minutes. complete and total domination

We lived inside of the Cardinals territory the entire game. If that isn't "dominating" a team, then what is? Maybe the time of possession stat? Since they never scored enough points to be considered a threat, what made you think this game was close because that's what your making it out to be. We missed opportunities and still destroyed them. The game should've been 70-0
[ Edited by YungAce on Nov 21, 2011 at 12:02 AM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:

What

The score doesn't always indicate domination. We dominated them.

and I'm not denying that. But by "blowing up" I mean the score, like when we "blew up" tampa. That's blowing up. Going into the second half this was still anyone's game. In the end you either execute or you don't. This was Arizona we were facing, not a super legit contender. f**k around like we did in the first half and green bay would be up 25 points by the end of the 2nd.

we play up to good teams i think we can outscore Green bay. our defense is awesome and we are beasts at winning time of possession. if rodgers cant get the ball in his hands he cant do much damage. our offense is shapping up too, seems like our passing game gets better every week, even with all the missed passes and drops we had 270 somethin yards and 2 TDs. its only gonna get better as the year goes on
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:

That might have just answered your own question. We lived inside of the Cardinals territory the entire game. If that isn't "dominating" a team, then what is? Maybe the time of possession stat? Since they never scored enough points and were a threat to win, what made you think this game was close because that's what your making it out to be. We missed opportunities and still destroyed them. The game should've been 70-0

Sigh people are missing my point. I give up...I never said we didn't dominate. I said we didn't blow them out. There is a difference. Whether we blame the rain or whatever the execution was not what you'd like to see against a mediocre cardinals defense.

What

Originally posted by jreff22:

Originally posted by YungAce:

That might have just answered your own question. We lived inside of the Cardinals territory the entire game. If that isn't "dominating" a team, then what is? Maybe the time of possession stat? Since they never scored enough points and were a threat to win, what made you think this game was close because that's what your making it out to be. We missed opportunities and still destroyed them. The game should've been 70-0

Sigh people are missing my point. I give up...I never said we didn't dominate. I said we didn't blow them out. There is a difference. Whether we blame the rain or whatever the execution was not what you'd like to see against a mediocre cardinals defense.

You actually might be the only one arguing the case that we didn't blow them out lol

We beat the Cards down bad and the W is all that matters anyways.
[ Edited by YungAce on Nov 21, 2011 at 12:07 AM ]

2 or 3 missed FGs+a dropped TD by Edwards+a missed throw by Smith. For the majority of the game AZ got f**king dominated. If we fix maybe 3 out of 5 minor problems that can be a 30 or 40 point game real quick.

As long as we score more points than the team we're playing when the clock hits all zeros.... thats all i care about. I dont care how we get them, its all about the W.

You're right, we should have blown them out 70-0, but nobody wants to talk about that because it will be another "you know who" thread. Until we lose, nobody wants to talk about that.
I agree redzone execution needs work. Allthough we were throwing a lot in the redzone, not much running.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

2 or 3 missed FGs+a dropped TD by Edwards+a missed throw by Smith. For the majority of the game AZ got f**king dominated. If we fix maybe 3 out of 5 minor problems that can be a 30 or 40 point game real quick.

Missing throws are not minor problems. Our defense is so good we cover up so many mistakes, but at some point in the future, these missed plays are going to hurt us.

Its not even the missed throws either. "We" have tons of time to throw, yet "we" can still only manage 2 TD passes in a game that could have easily had 6+ TD passes.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Nov 21, 2011 at 1:18 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone