LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 299 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. ARIZONA CARDINALS 2011 GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I my opinion, the staff should strongly consider starting Shawntae Spencer against Fitz, NOT Brown. Tarell will be repeatedly roasted otherwise.

Was thinking that as well. saving Spencer for Fitz or saving him for later in the season.
I my opinion, the staff should strongly consider starting Shawntae Spencer against Fitz, NOT Brown. Tarell will be repeatedly roasted otherwise.

Agreed. Spencer has the most experience against Fitz.
Prediction:

49ers 34
Cardinals 20

I think Arizona's last TD will be in garbage time while we play prevent with a 34-13 lead.

I think Spencer has fallen way down the depth chart for a reason, he's done well against Fitz in the past, but it doesn't mean he can still keep up today, the dude just can never stay healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if we've seen the last of him.
Out of all the "trap" games to be concerned about, this is the one because of timing. They just beat an Eagle team and riding high. We just beat NYG and riding high.

Now that we got that crap out of the way, we won't let down and here's why: This team got the "taste" of success and are 8-1. All the "Vets" from the Nolan/Singletary eras finally have it and don't want it to end. They are so committed to making this happen each week that I truly believe they will. All they have to remember are the games they "let slip away" and the tirades their HCs had afterward (You hear that a lot these days concerning the previous regime).

This team is focused. This team wants it badly. They will take care of AZ on Sunday.

Agree with OTC, too, time to get Spencer back on Fitz. That's always worked and it will allow Spencer to feel as though he's contributing to the team for more buy in. Don't know if that will happen, but I hope.
espn_nfcwest Mike Sando, ESPN.com
Thom Brennaman, Brian Billick get the call for Fox when the Cardinals visit the 49ers in Week 11. Fox lists them as No. 3 crew.
Originally posted by verb1der:

I think Spencer has fallen way down the depth chart for a reason, he's done well against Fitz in the past, but it doesn't mean he can still keep up today, the dude just can never stay healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if we've seen the last of him.

Exactly. You dont just start a guy for his past success.. It'll most likely be Cully
Culliver was matched up with Megatron probably be matched up with Fitz too
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I doubt Gore will play this week, they probably wont say anything just so the Cards prepare for him but I fully expect Hunter to start and have a 100 yard game.
Originally posted by susweel:
I doubt Gore will play this week, they probably wont say anything just so the Cards prepare for him but I fully expect Hunter to start and have a 100 yard game.

Harbaugh and Gore both said he expects to play against the Cards

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 9ERFANINAZ:
SKelton has played pretty well since taking over for Kolb

He has also thrown a lot of interceptions

He has thrown 4 Tds and 2 Ints this year
That is just way too many

Actually it is way too many considering he has only played two games and has thrown only 2 TD's.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:

Harbaugh and Gore both said he expects to play against the Cards

Jedi mind games.
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 9ERFANINAZ:
SKelton has played pretty well since taking over for Kolb

He has also thrown a lot of interceptions

He has thrown 4 Tds and 2 Ints this year
That is just way too many

Actually it is way too many considering he has only played two games and has thrown only 2 TD's.

He has thrown 4 Tds
WHO HAS IT BETTER THEN US NOOOOOOBOOODDDDDYYYY
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for WildBill.
Prediction:

49ers 34
Cardinals 20

I think Arizona's last TD will be in garbage time while we play prevent with a 34-13 lead.

I don't think we score that many nor do I think they score that much 24-13 or 10. They will their yardage, but hopefully all they get is field goals.
Share 49ersWebzone