LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DETROIT LIONS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I like seeing Willis more vocal, really firing his boys up for a game. It was getting so frustrating hearing everyone say, "Well you know will plays really well but, hes not vocal so i just dont see him being any good."
Words dont tackle and cause fumbles, Willis does.
That first "False start" on Walker was rediculous, you can see him start to shuffle to motion.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by SoTx9R:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
The replay starts in 20 minutes.

I hope we win!!!

I have a feeling we will.

I dont know about you guys but I am calling Delanie Walker catching the winning pass on 4th and goal for a TD and Harbaugh and Schwatz getting in an altercation at the end FTW.

Doubt it. i think we lose
Rewatching this game right now, lol im getting soooooo pissed at Mike (Garbage Sack of s**t Ref) Carey, needs to get fired he almost cost us the game, and i still believe 3 penalties were on Cliff Avril for jumping off but them got us instead, so bull, lol at Jim Shwartz for yelling at Harbaugh to learn the rules and then getting butthurt at the end when we stomp them, lol @ you Shwartz, lololololololololol
Originally posted by GSeef49er:
That first "False start" on Walker was rediculous, you can see him start to shuffle to motion.

Yep, and he did it later and they didn't call it.... should have been on Avril (i think it was him). Just like when they blew the play dead thinking Anthony Davis false started and said there was no flag on the play. Sloppy game but the refs didn't help.
Originally posted by Slash49:
Rewatching this game right now, lol im getting soooooo pissed at Mike (Garbage Sack of s**t Ref) Carey, needs to get fired he almost cost us the game, and i still believe 3 penalties were on Cliff Avril for jumping off but them got us instead, so bull, lol at Jim Shwartz for yelling at Harbaugh to learn the rules and then getting butthurt at the end when we stomp them, lol @ you Shwartz, lololololololololol

I'll never get tired of this pic, NEVAH! cuz its sooooo true!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Anyone notice the 5 to 6 yards the Refs gave extra to us on Ginn's 4th qtr punt return

Ginn Ran out of bounds near the 40 and the ball was spotted on the 35.

Maicoco (sp) has this on his blog

I've seen Lions fans whining about that spot and the one where Hunter went down on his elbow but kept going for four more yards . . .

If their coaching staff was paying attention both spots could have been challenged . . . . . . therefore no whining is allowed.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I've seen Lions fans whining about that spot and the one where Hunter went down on his elbow but kept going for four more yards . . .

If their coaching staff was paying attention both spots could have been challenged . . . . . . therefore no whining is allowed.

Yup. Lions fan here - there are going to be disputed calls in any football game. You've just got to play well enough to overcome them. The 9ers played well enough to overcome the calls against them they could complain about, the Lions did not.
REMEMBER!!!!!

My new Wallpaper courtesy of Niners on Facebook!

Enjoy!
Originally posted by ninertico:
REMEMBER!!!!!

Enjoy!

f**k Yeah!!!

Originally posted by enitor:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Yup. Lions fan here - there are going to be disputed calls in any football game. You've just got to play well enough to overcome them. The 9ers played well enough to overcome the calls against them they could complain about, the Lions did not.

Good luck against the Falcons. Hope we see you guys at the Stick in January !!! That would be fun!
NFL admits bad spot gave 49ers five free yards Posted by Michael David Smith on October 19, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
APThe NFL has acknowledged that the 49ers' game-winning drive in the fourth quarter in Detroit on Sunday was aided by the officials spotting the ball at the Lions' 35-yard line to start the drive, when it should have been spotted at the 40.

The drive began when San Francisco's Ted Ginn returned a punt to the Lions' 40. When the 49ers' offense took the field after a commercial break, the ball was inexplicably at the 35.

"The officiating crew incorrectly spotted the ball at the Detroit 35 instead of the 40 where Ted Ginn went out of bounds," the league office acknowledged in a statement, via Mike Sando of ESPN.com.

Obviously, the mistake is inexcusable. And the officiating throughout this game was a mess.

The Lions had several complaints about the officiating in the game, which they ultimately lost 25-19. Others included wrongly ruling that Matthew Stafford's forward progress had been stopped in the end zone on a safety, a bad call on a horse-collar tackle and a questionable chop block flag on Lions tight end Brandon Pettigrew.

The chop block was particularly costly to the Lions, as it wiped out a 15-yard pass down to the 49ers' 8-yard line. Instead of having first-and-goal at the 8, the Lions had second-and-25 at the 38, and they ended up settling for a 52-yard field goal attempt, which they missed. That miss gave the 49ers great field position for their own 55-yard field goal on the last play of the first half. In a game that would be decided by six points, that exchange was critical.

But questionable calls on penalties happen all the time. What doesn't happen all the time is the officials getting a spot wrong by five yards.

At least, we hope it doesn't happen all the time. Considering that none of the officials noticed, the Lions didn't notice, the TV announcers didn't notice and no members of the media noticed until after the fact, maybe bad calls like this happen more often than we realize.

Terribly reffed game. Oh well.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
NFL admits bad spot gave 49ers five free yards Posted by Michael David Smith on October 19, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
APThe NFL has acknowledged that the 49ers' game-winning drive in the fourth quarter in Detroit on Sunday was aided by the officials spotting the ball at the Lions' 35-yard line to start the drive, when it should have been spotted at the 40.

The drive began when San Francisco's Ted Ginn returned a punt to the Lions' 40. When the 49ers' offense took the field after a commercial break, the ball was inexplicably at the 35.

"The officiating crew incorrectly spotted the ball at the Detroit 35 instead of the 40 where Ted Ginn went out of bounds," the league office acknowledged in a statement, via Mike Sando of ESPN.com.

Obviously, the mistake is inexcusable. And the officiating throughout this game was a mess.

The Lions had several complaints about the officiating in the game, which they ultimately lost 25-19. Others included wrongly ruling that Matthew Stafford's forward progress had been stopped in the end zone on a safety, a bad call on a horse-collar tackle and a questionable chop block flag on Lions tight end Brandon Pettigrew.

The chop block was particularly costly to the Lions, as it wiped out a 15-yard pass down to the 49ers' 8-yard line. Instead of having first-and-goal at the 8, the Lions had second-and-25 at the 38, and they ended up settling for a 52-yard field goal attempt, which they missed. That miss gave the 49ers great field position for their own 55-yard field goal on the last play of the first half. In a game that would be decided by six points, that exchange was critical.

But questionable calls on penalties happen all the time. What doesn't happen all the time is the officials getting a spot wrong by five yards.

At least, we hope it doesn't happen all the time. Considering that none of the officials noticed, the Lions didn't notice, the TV announcers didn't notice and no members of the media noticed until after the fact, maybe bad calls like this happen more often than we realize.

Wow, are they going to cover the 17 penalties against a team that came in as one of the least penalized? It was poor on both sides no doubt but a 2:1 ratio does not equate to "things even out in the end."
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

I seriously don't give a sh*t. The NFL owed us a lot more in previous year. We are getting our makeup calls this year
Share 49ersWebzone