There are 311 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DETROIT LIONS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Big question will be, how does our defense stop the jump ball to CJ??

Instead of trying to out jump him(which will be impossible), let him jump up and catch the ball. And when he is falling back to the ground, punch the ball out of his hands.
This. Plus, attack the other end of the connection. Put some pressure on Stafford and make him get rid of it quicker.

I've accepted that we won't be able to completely shut this connection down, the same as we couldn't completely shut the Vick/Jackson connection down. What will be the key is mitigating the amount of damage that Johnson's catches do.
if fairley doesnt play tonight he should be ready to go next sunday

idk how that will translate onto the field.
Johnson's going to get some catches, we just have to get to Stafford and score some points.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Big question will be, how does our defense stop the jump ball to CJ??

Instead of trying to out jump him(which will be impossible), let him jump up and catch the ball. And when he is falling back to the ground, punch the ball out of his hands.

Yup, this.
We are not gonna be able to out jump CJ, Harbaugh has to be prepared for that. Rogers just has to do a good job in coverage.

Overall, thats really their only weapon.
Stafford to Johnson every time.
If we can shut that down, or at least make it hard, we will walk away with a W.
I think our Offense is capable of putting up 20+ points on their defense, we've faced tougher D's before.

49ers : 27
Lions : 14
I love that this is the second week in a row that the Niners get to watch the team they play the next week on Monday night after a huge win! GO NINERS!!
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Oct 10, 2011 at 8:24 AM ]
Thank you PA for the name and the correction, if he's the RDE I feel much better about Staley matching up with him.
Lions don't scare me!!!
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
An Epic thread has already been started about this. The official pre game thread.
We call the turk
Where he lines up Goldson has to be helping that corner over the top.

• dj43
Pressure on the QB is the best way to slow down a WR. Without pressure on Stafford, Detroit wins. It is that simple.
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Where he lines up Goldson has to be helping that corner over the top.

+100000000

I wanna see Goldson ROCK Megatron out of his shoes.
It can happen..it will happen.
Screens, screens and more screens!
Like many have said, either Spencer or Rogers with a safety like Goldson or Whitner over the top. But even in triple coverage, Cowboys still gave up a TD to CJ. So, our keys to slowing him down are: 1) quick hard hits/tackles after the catch (don't allow YAC) and 2) blitz Stafford to minimize time to throw downfield to CJ.
He cannot be stopped. We'll stop the run game and hopefully everyone else. CJ will get his though. Hopefully Rogers or Spencer will hold him to only one TD.
Share 49ersWebzone