There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. TAMPA BAY BUCANEERS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,245
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
this game is important. it's not one where we can say "oh well the rest of the division sucks we can still make the playoffs." we're coming off of a big win and in order to erase that little bit of doubt in the back of your head that it was fluke, they need this win against a solid team at home.

I agree, keep the drive up don't let off the gas for one bit. Plus I really hope we kick the crap outta them and run up the score after shutting us out last year at home.
  • bors
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,933
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I hate Blount because he owned us last year. I want Willis to knock him out and shut the Bucs down.

Note: We are at an advantage vs the Bucs. Teams don't fare well playing after a Monday Night Game AND they have to travel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The scheduling is completely against the Bucs this next week!!!!!!!! This is huge for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't Blount truck Willis in that game? Probably the only time that's ever happened
it was parys
The niners are going to be looking for revenge for last year's beat down, just like they got revenge against the Eagles yesterday. I'm expecting another truly inspired performance and this time they will have the home crowd on their side.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
The niners are going to be looking for revenge for last year's beat down, just like they got revenge against the Eagles yesterday. I'm expecting another truly inspired performance and this time they will have the home crowd on their side.

The world tour of revenge continues this Sunday!
Originally posted by bors:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I hate Blount because he owned us last year. I want Willis to knock him out and shut the Bucs down.

Note: We are at an advantage vs the Bucs. Teams don't fare well playing after a Monday Night Game AND they have to travel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The scheduling is completely against the Bucs this next week!!!!!!!! This is huge for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't Blount truck Willis in that game? Probably the only time that's ever happened
it was parys

No. He got the best of Willis on one.
hear on Cowherd this morning that supposedly the Buc's are going to vanilla down tonight so they won't show the 9ers anything
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
hear on Cowherd this morning that supposedly the Buc's are going to vanilla down tonight so they won't show the 9ers anything



Let us hope so. I picked the Colts to cover 9.5 points. Bucs will go in shut down mode if they get a lead.

Also, looks like teams are very scared of Harbaugh's ability to game plan.
[ Edited by Joecool on Oct 3, 2011 at 1:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
hear on Cowherd this morning that supposedly the Buc's are going to vanilla down tonight so they won't show the 9ers anything



Let us hope so. I picked the Colts to cover 9.5 points. Bucs will go in shut down mode if they get a lead.

Also, looks like teams are very scared of Harbaugh's ability to game plan.

i got money on the Buccs
I just hope we get a heavier dose of Aldon Smith since we already know that Haralson cant tackle Blount (last season Blount used blunt force and blasted through one of Haralson's tackle attempts knocking him to the ground). Alex keep making plays when he needs to, Keep Crabtree&Davis involed, Keep splitting time between Gore n Hunter, and we might be OK.
Bucs run D is not Philly's. This game will be an even bigger test for us.
The Bucs D line is as good as the 49ers. The only thing the 49ers have on them is experience. I like our chances but as someone else said both teams are similar and it will be a knock down drag out azz kicker of a game. I'm fired up!! Cant wait! GO NINERS!
I hope the colts put it on the bucs, like they did on teh steelers last week. Steelers barely escaped with the W, and choked hard on the Houston Dick this week.
Bucs defense is ranked 24.

We just need to stop their run.
I'm scared for Alex. He had a good game and I'm proud of him for that s**t. But can he do it two weeks in a row?
Originally posted by Ajanke:
I'm scared for Alex. He had a good game and I'm proud of him for that s**t. But can he do it two weeks in a row?

He's done it 4 weeks in a row. This was the first game we threw the ball more. 20 for 30 last week.