There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Originally posted by Snider8706:
We can win this game, Alex is going to have to do a lot more but the eagles are definately beatable. I'm interested in seeing how having the team stay on the east coast for the week will help us.

We have to run the ball against but our Oline just cant seem to block. I really hope Gore sits this game out so we can see what Hunter can do with a full game.
If Vick plays, I expect to see a lot of fumbled snaps.
Take the Giants' game plan. Plus a few chance on offense. But you have to take chances. Can't play safe like we have been doing. Or we'll get murdered.
Vick out 3-4 weeks or day to day which one is it?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Vick out 3-4 weeks or day to day which one is it?

day to day
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,972
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Vick out 3-4 weeks or day to day which one is it?

day to day


Day to day.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 26, 2011 at 10:31 AM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,916
They weren't beating the Eagles even without Vick.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Vick out 3-4 weeks or day to day which one is it?

The 3-4 weeks was on the basis of the false report of a broken bone. It is now clear that it is not broken, just a bad bruise.

So the only question is; can they inject enough pain killer into the bruised area to kill the pain without suffering so much loss of feeling that he cannot handle the ball well?

If they think they can, he will play. We won't likely know until game time.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
We can win this game, Alex is going to have to do a lot more but the eagles are definately beatable. I'm interested in seeing how having the team stay on the east coast for the week will help us.

We have to run the ball against but our Oline just cant seem to block. I really hope Gore sits this game out so we can see what Hunter can do with a full game.
I like Gore as much as the next fan, but I, too, hope he sits this one out so we can see Hunter and maybe Dixon mixed in.

Last game showed improvement in that we now know Hunter can play at this level, and pass block too. At least a little.

And we learned that Snyder is an improvement over Rachal at RG. Hope we see some more changes there--maybe activate Kilgore and deactivate Rachal for the game. (Not likely, but who knows.)
Vick will be playing
I'm kind of happy our OL, especially Chilo had a rough game the week before the Eagles game. Last year, whenever Chilo had a bad game, he's come back with a very solid output the next game.

This year, the OL has come back with a better game after a terrible game. Let's hope they hold this trend for Week 4.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I'm kind of happy our OL, especially Chilo had a rough game the week before the Eagles game. Last year, whenever Chilo had a bad game, he's come back with a very solid output the next game.

This year, the OL has come back with a better game after a terrible game. Let's hope they hold this trend for Week 4.

Terrible game week 2. Terrible game week 3. So much for that theory.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I'm kind of happy our OL, especially Chilo had a rough game the week before the Eagles game. Last year, whenever Chilo had a bad game, he's come back with a very solid output the next game.

This year, the OL has come back with a better game after a terrible game. Let's hope they hold this trend for Week 4.

Terrible game week 2. Terrible game week 3. So much for that theory.
Lol.

With the present state of the OL play, it looks to be another very long day for the offense in Philly next Sunday. Sadly.

Harbs doesn't seem to be the kind of coach who likes seeing penalties and mistakes, so I expect to see some changes. Hopefully sooner, rather than later.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I'm kind of happy our OL, especially Chilo had a rough game the week before the Eagles game. Last year, whenever Chilo had a bad game, he's come back with a very solid output the next game.

This year, the OL has come back with a better game after a terrible game. Let's hope they hold this trend for Week 4.

Terrible game week 2. Terrible game week 3. So much for that theory.
Lol.

With the present state of the OL play, it looks to be another very long day for the offense in Philly next Sunday. Sadly.

Harbs doesn't seem to be the kind of coach who likes seeing penalties and mistakes, so I expect to see some changes. Hopefully sooner, rather than later.

Philly has two players in the top 5 of the NFL in sacks. Yikes. Time to spread it out and run lots of trick plays and misdirection to slow them down.
Even if it's just a deep bruise/contusion....Fangio should be able to game play in a way to limit Vick. Vick is great no doubt but he hasn't been himself lately. He looks RATTLED out there.

So much for a dream team. All that money should have gone to their o-line.