There are 178 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by boast:
their defensive front 4 are playing great. this new Eagle D rarely blitzes anymore but their front 4 still gets a s**t ton of sacks. Niner o-line play is key in this game. also, i hope to see a spy put on LeSean McCoy. either Willis or Bowman.

No they're not. Through three games, only two other teams have allowed more yards on the ground than Philly. That said, their pass defense is still solid (ranked 10th in fewest yards allowed). Minus Vick (and even with him), I think they're vulnerable but we have to start playing sound football to have a chance.

If the same o-line from yesterday shows up in Philly, it'll be a long day.

Philly leads the league in sacks.
as of today, FOX will actually be showing the game in my area. It's the ONLY morning game on FOX, so maybe that's why. But I"m still not 100% sure. Chances are they'll choose to only show the PM game.
Looks like Maclin will sit out this game with a hamstring strain.

This makes me cringe.... in other words, " damn my leg hurts, who do we play sunday ? Oh Imma take this week off to heal for when we play the hard games ".
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Looks like Maclin will sit out this game with a hamstring strain.

This makes me cringe.... in other words, " damn my leg hurts, who do we play sunday ? Oh Imma take this week off to heal for when we play the hard games ".

lol, pretty much.
Originally posted by boast:
Philly leads the league in sacks.

That's my bad, I thought you mentioned the front four with respect to run defense. In any case I sincerely hope the light bulb goes on for our o-line next week. Winning back-to-back on the road would give our boys a huge boost in confidence.
In prior years the fact that PHI has Andy Reid alone base been the reason why they kill us. We will put up a fight but we will need to play error free ball on offense and defense to have a chance at a win. PHI is a well run team and those are difficult to get wins against even if they have a backup QB.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
as of today, FOX will actually be showing the game in my area. It's the ONLY morning game on FOX, so maybe that's why. But I"m still not 100% sure. Chances are they'll choose to only show the PM game.

Wait, so you normally don't watch the game on Sundays?
Michael Vick's HOF bust...

Go Niners!
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Wait, so you normally don't watch the game on Sundays?

yea, through the interwebs. But the quality is never as good as the network HD feeds.
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
Michael Vick's HOF bust...

Go Niners!

Looks just like em!

We are going to need to get some kind of running game going if we stand a chance to win. They ahve 3 great corners so our backup receivers will need to get the ball more.
gonna have to open up the playbook on both sides of the ball. gotta attack whoever the qb is.
Originally posted by miked1978:
We are going to need to get some kind of running game going if we stand a chance to win. They ahve 3 great corners so our backup receivers will need to get the ball more.

CUT EM UP!!!!!
3-1 surprise surprise.
Share 49ersWebzone