LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'll take Andy Reid, he's a great coach.
Originally posted by dhp318:

I'm fine with Harbaugh. He'll show he's a great coach with time.

I'll never forget this.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

not a "great" gameday coach. he's a terrible clock manager.
Originally posted by boast:

Sure but then just hire an assistant for him that only specializes in clock management. His teams are always prepared and he's an offensive genius.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Sure but then just hire an assistant for him that only specializes in clock management. His teams are always prepared and he's an offensive genius.

sure for 6 days (mon-sat), he's a great coach. on gamedays, he tends to call too many pass plays, not enough run plays and manages the clock horribly. ask any Eagle fan.
Can any coach be "great" without winning a Superbowl?!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by verb1der:

and Andy sure has had his fair share of chances. more than most in the last 10 years.
I think that Vick;s hand is broken and that the crap about "just swollen" is just that so we will . . . a) prepare all week for Vick and he doesn't play or b) they will shoot his hand up, wrap it tightly and he will play.(He's broke and needs the money) A bruise does not swell like the top of his hand looked. If philly's D front seven is nearly as good as ours we will have a very long day. Loooooong Day and that is not the name of a new band
  • lazy
  • Veteran

Marv Levy?

Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
if vick plays, we're gonna have at least 2 15 yarders for roughing him even though they probably wont be penalties, his whining is gonna pay off in at least 1 game of the next few games, and at home against us seems like a good spot 4 the refs

I know man. I see it too. That s**t is going to piss me off

hope it isnt against us, but we're not a sexy team and just see it as a perfect spot for him to get the tim duncan treatment as i call it

If the league starts penalizing teams for legal hits on the QB beginning with SF vs. PHI, then that will set a precedent that said QB can cry at a press conference and that will change things.

That would be a situation I would think the NFL would want to avoid. But they're f**king idiots, so who knows.

well i've seen brady be hit, then make some gesture to the ref like throw the flag, then the ref throws it, i think the precedent with star players is already there, whether they complain in a press conference or on the field right after, i hope we dont get screwed but i just got a wierd feeling

Oh I share that feeling. It's hard enough to prepare yourself mentally for the distinct possibility that your team is going to suck, but having the refs make it infinitely harder with bad calls, is something fans and team alike shouldn't have to prepare for.

That being said, I hope we tear Vicks arms from their sockets.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Sep 27, 2011 at 8:08 PM ]
and Andy sure has had his fair share of chances. more than most in the last 10 years.
Seriously, I think that's why Eagles fans are so split with Reid.

Originally posted by lazy:
Marv Levy?
definite legend, but I dont think his name would be in a conversation of the greats.

of course. he's part of the walsh tree.

a coach from before the superbowl era?
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

a coach from before the superbowl era?

Good one!
Share 49ersWebzone