LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by rk1642:
Jim is gonna have to come up with a really great game plan that can attack their weaknesses on D, which is the LB core.

Must get both TE's involved in the passing attack and get Hunter out of the backfield and 1 on 1 against those LB's.

Would like to see a trick play or 2 early to back up the db's a bit also.

The oline is gonna need to step up and give Frank and Hunter room to run and keep the time of position in our favor.

I expect our D to put a hurt on Vick.

I would love to see us do with Vernon and Delanie what GB used to do with Franks and Chamura. They killed us on the seam routes all day, but that was because we had to run a lot of Cover 2 to make up for our weak CB's.

I have a feeling PHI may show a Cover 2 look but keep the Safeties over the TE's and not the WR's. We should have some open space to run the ball. If PHI decides to have a blitz heavy plan (more likely), then we really need to plan to hit the TE's quick (Vernon's weakness) or a hot pass to the slot receiver.
[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 27, 2011 at 10:05 AM ]
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Baldie:
I see the offense struggle in this game. We just don't have good enough OLine play, and Philly will blitz Smith often. When Smith is blitzed, he rushes throws to lead to incompletions or makes a mistake. Philly's secondary can cover our WR's easily....so Davis and Walker might have to be the keys. If our OLine can give Smith time, we have a chance.

As far as our defense....we will probably limit Mccoy....but if Vick plays...he may cause some trouble.

Boy...if we do win....coming back home to play Tampa will make it more exciting....I'll be at that game.

Philly doesn't blitz anymore. their LBs suck. with that said, their front four will probably beat our five o-linemen.

they'll just drop 10 and send trent cole and he'll still get a sack or stop gore for a loss.
espn_nfcwest Mike Sando, ESPN.com
Ron Pitts and Jim Mora get the call for Fox on the 49ers' game vs Eagles in Week 4. They are No. 6 crew for Fox.

Originally posted by valrod33:
Ron Pitts and Jim Mora get the call for Fox on the 49ers' game vs Eagles in Week 4. They are No. 6 crew for Fox.

f**k! Jim Mora pissed me off Sunday. Every time he talked about a player who was injured, he said, "In and out of the lineup"...really? Actually said that with Crabtree. Said that with Gore when talking about last year.

Dude sucks. Called that Crabtree catch on the sidelines that was high but higher than the CB could reach a bad pass.

Didnt they call our last game? It was just ok...
Originally posted by 52thegreat:

Didnt they call our last game? It was just ok...

yeah and it was a bore fest
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by rk1642:
Jim is gonna have to come up with a really great game plan that can attack their weaknesses on D, which is the LB core.

Must get both TE's involved in the passing attack and get Hunter out of the backfield and 1 on 1 against those LB's.

Would like to see a trick play or 2 early to back up the db's a bit also.

The oline is gonna need to step up and give Frank and Hunter room to run and keep the time of position in our favor.

I expect our D to put a hurt on Vick.

I would love to see us do with Vernon and Delanie what GB used to do with Franks and Chamura. They killed us on the seam routes all day, but that was because we had to run a lot of Cover 2 to make up for our weak CB's.

I have a feeling PHI may show a Cover 2 look but keep the Safeties over the TE's and not the WR's. We should have some open space to run the ball. If PHI decides to have a blitz heavy plan (more likely), then we really need to plan to hit the TE's quick (Vernon's weakness) or a hot pass to the slot receiver.

if they go blitz heavy, we should see more of these mysterious quick slants, hitches and pop passes to the TE. i have not seen much of the quick slant across the middle. they're like unicorns: know of, but rarely seen.
Pulverize Philadelphia!! Demolish the Eagles! Go Niners!!!
spoke too soon. Fox will be showing the cowboys/lions game this coming week.
We're gonna get smoked..

When was the last time we beat the Eagles?

It seems like it was three decades ago.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
We're gonna get smoked..

i just hope we don't lose any key players to injury
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jays9ers:
We're gonna get smoked..

I think its gonna be a close game. Our D will show up this game and just maybe our O might actually make some big plays. Either way I sense a close game and not a blowout.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
spoke too soon. Fox will be showing the cowboys/lions game this coming week.
Told ya.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
When was the last time we beat the Eagles?

It seems like it was three decades ago.

2003?
Share 49ersWebzone